Better Late Than Never - Bump Buddies?

^^

I don't know how long I was pushing for, its one of the things I wish I knew.... must of been 8-9 pushes for the head and one for shoulders/body.

I was only given gas and air at 8cm - they took it off me at the pushing stage.

Yeh they don't test for GBS in UK but I did a home private test last pregnancy. The midwives seem to be 50/50 on giving me AB's this time around so ive just ordered another home test kit so they cant complain! They have said they will put me under consultant care for labour/birth but I don't take anything they say as gospel. Every midwife has a different opinion! :brat:

Lol, you're backwards on the engagement - oh well!! Ill keep bouncing and see if anything happens :winkwink:

I'm dreading the pushing stage I really hope he just comes out easier!! Everyone keeps telling me second time round is easier so fingers crossed :haha:

Ah that's interesting ref the GBS I've never heard of my midwife even mention it to me! I hope you get to hospital in time to get the AB's on time!

Haha yes keep bouncing you never know!! My bump has felt really uncomfortable today, I can really feel his bum sticking out :dohh: I'm so tired aswel as didn't sleep well last night I was wide awake for ages during the night tossing and turning and just couldn't get comfortable! :dohh:

^^

I did my own research on GBS and decided its something I wanted to check for. Don't think any midwifes discussed it with me until I mentioned it - they sometimes get a bit funny doing things behind their back, but USA test for it as standard so im doing the same :)

I'm also hoping 2nd time is easier, first labour was 26h total. Would love to at least half that this time round!

Nights are awful for me too. No matter what side I lay on, baby will kick against the bed resistance and drive me potty! Also my acid reflux is terrible, constant taste of acid in my throat past 5pm - my tea is getting smaller and smaller to try and stop the effect from reflux. Ive got lemon bio yogurt and banana for tea tonight, see how that goes down! :haha: x

Oh man, hearing about your long and painful labors is really starting to scare me! Haha. I have to ask because this is something I've been wondering about - did you get an epidural? I have this (possibly foolish) belief that I want to give birth without the assistance of an epidural, but really don't know anything about it. Since you ladies have been there before, am I crazy?

Inoue - that is good of you reference the GBS! Hope everything goes ok for you :)

26hour labour wow! Bless you! Mine was only 7 hours from waters breaking to DS being born! Hoping yours is quicker for you this time round :thumbup:

Hope your dinner goes down well lol Ive been lucky as in this pregnancy and my DS's I haven't suffered with heart burn! But I have rib pain which is so painful! And has me in agony some nights :nope:

Heather2629 - I'd say don't be scared! It is honestly the best day of your life and we wouldn't be doing again if it was that bad lol! My labour was really quite quick for my first only 7 hours and I wrote my birth story on here ages ago if you wanted to go back and read it. The only bad bit for me was pushing and that was because I was totally unprepared for that part of labour - in my head I just thought the baby would pop out and that wasn't the case lol! I gave birth without any pain relief what so ever so it is defiantly possible to do it without hun! (Although I didn't plan to do this) it was just my labour progressed quite quick and I coped with the contractions better than I thought. By the time I did want pain relief it was to late and I was 10cm! So you can do it without an epidural :hugs: but then again if you do have to have one it isn't the end of the world. I'd just go with your body and see how you feel once your labour is progressing :) xx

Cupcakepie- 7 hours!!!! Oh I wish mine was just over 32 hours with my first.

Heather2629 - I had an epidural at 8cm this time I'm hoping to go without one so if your crazy then I am to as I've already experienced it and want to try to do it without one this time! Haha

32h labour! Crikey, I thought 26h was bad enough! We both need to improve this record :haha:

Heather - Dont want to frighten you off!! Lol. Yes the pain is intense but its such a wonderful experience in the same way - when your baby finally comes out and is layed on your chest, the 'pain' is gone. I didnt need stitches so when she came out and placenta came out - all was done. As for the epidural, I had no pain relief during pushing stage - I did BEG for an epidural when pushing head out but I was obviously too far gone at that point. I will try my hardest to have the same birth this time but if epidural option came up <10cm and I was really struggling, then id take it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->