Beware of FRERs - Post your Indents please!

promise07

Reaction score
FRER told me today that the very visible line that you will see on most FRERs BEFORE you pee on them is there intentionally, and it is only considered positive when that line is pink but that they do know that when urine hits that particular area of the test the grey/white lines WILL BECOME MORE NOTICEABLE and therefore look like what we might consider to be a very faint line. This, unfortunately, causes a lot of heartache when you think the most trusted brand might actually be positive. That means for those of us who are testing early, those barely there, too light to tell if it's a positive lines are now a big problem.

Please beware of these tests, and if you're testing early, use a back-up brand to confirm until you are certain the results are pink and positive. I don't want to see anyone else's hopes crushed by this and I hope it helps others in the future.

Please keep your receipts and boxes when you buy these tests. If you notice any issues with the tests, call their customer service and complain. Sometimes they will send you a refund check for the amount you spent if you provide the lot and serial numbers from the boxes.

Same response I got when I complained it’s ridiculous

But I also got told results should be considered invalid after just 3 mins xx

Thats awful.
Is it the curved handle tests your referring to or normal flat drers?

Thats awful.
Is it the curved handle tests your referring to or normal flat drers?

Although I hated the curved design, they didn't have indent lines as bad as the new flat ones. Some of the flat one's I have taken were actually okay and even though the indent line was slightly visible, it was still clear that it was negative.

I don't want people to immediately write FRER off, just be cautious when testing early and suffering if they don't have to.

The curved ones are hard to see if you're testing too early. The angle makes it hard to see if there's a second line. As for the regular frer, last cycle I took the test out the plastic wrapper and immediately saw two lines and I'm like r u serious. Like it's an indentation to tell you where the lines should be but they didn't have to do that. Common sense we know where the lines will be SMH.

I feel bad for all the women thinking they are havinf chemical pregnancies with the new FRER tests. I had lines that some women swore we're clear BFPs back in Jan and Feb before an actual bfp. They were clearly GRAY and SO noticable that it was hard to tell between the old early sign of BFP and indent. Frer are great if you are not early testing. But should only be considered positive if they are EASILY seen as pink. Every tweaked test will show a line. Such a bummer!

I got this on an frer Thursday, pretty sure it's an evap came up after the time limit.

received_351555582067904.jpeg

Leslie735 - you’re pretty sure that’s an evap??? That looks pink from my angle

FWIW I had a chemical pregnancy, but still continued to get lines on FRER even after my beta was zero. They were colorless and grey, but had I not known my beta was already zero I probably would have thought something was going on.

I got this on a frer today, it did come up after the time a lot though but it’s definitely pink #-owhat would you say? We’ve been NTNP so I won’t be completely heartbroken if you think it’s just an evap :shrug:

95F4E92C-C4F4-407F-A1DD-F30CF673E728.jpeg

I see it. I would test again soon and good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->