• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BF in a jacuzzi?????

I think this sums it up perfectly:

I am all for normalizing breastfeeding in public and I think you do that by making it NORMAL, not by expecting to be an exception to the rules or have everyone back you up no matter what.

I wouldnt eat in a pool and I wouldnt give a bottle in a pool (regardless of whether baby was actually in the water) so im afraid i think she is in the wrong.

I feed Fox everywhere but this would be the one exception. I dont think she should have gone to the changing rooms but she should have left the immediate area to feed.

I wouldnt eat in a pool and I wouldnt give a bottle in a pool (regardless of whether baby was actually in the water) so im afraid i think she is in the wrong.

I feed Fox everywhere but this would be the one exception. I dont think she should have gone to the changing rooms but she should have left the immediate area to feed.

I agree with you.

I think part of breastfeeding rights is that it should be given status as 'normal feeding'. If 'normal feeding' is not permitted in a particular area for hygienic reasons, such as a pool (or wherever the hell this was), and a woman would not be allowed to bottle-feed there either, then so be it.

I agree with this comment:
"...the whole fight behind public nursing is for our babies to be treated as HUMANS with the same rules as children and adults when it comes to being able to eat in public. She is being treated equally here, and she doesn't like it because its inconvenient...."

I don't think she's crazy but I do think she could've gotten out of the hot tub to feed her baby. People always equate a baby feeding with any adult eating, so I guess the rules should apply in this situation as well!

I'm all for NIP but I don't think it's outrageous for someone to ask her to feed outside of the hot tub. As long as they weren't asking her to leave period.

I fully agree with all these.

Did anyone ever establish for sure whether she was in an area where eating/drinking was okay for the general public? That would pretty much decide it for me. The staff who made the disgusting comments (assuming they were made) should be fired regardless for their inability to communicate politely to the visiting public.

Here is another comment she made about it.
I was not in a jacuzzi , I was in the designated childrens , baby & toddler section. My son and I were in the baby bubble pool.specifically for infants & I was kneeling about to get out when the feed began. Things have been changed about the incident and what has been said and done.

I still cant help but keep coming back to the dangers of it though, the idea of kneeling trying to stand in a slippery water filled pool and starting to breastfeed at the same time.
If she was trying to get out anyway why not just wait a few extra seconds until your at the poolside area?

This is the pool and where the baby was being fed

https://www.crosenstiel.webspace.virginmedia.com/council/parkside/index.htm

I commented on a FB page yesterday about this and got the feeling im not a good enough BF because i think we should all abide by the rules and breastfeeding is not a special exception.

Did anyone ever establish for sure whether she was in an area where eating/drinking was okay for the general public? That would pretty much decide it for me. The staff who made the disgusting comments (assuming they were made) should be fired regardless for their inability to communicate politely to the visiting public.
Yes, the staff told her that no one is allowed eat or drink in that specific area.

The staff must be watching her like a hawk. I can't always tell someone is breastfeeding

Yes, the staff told her that no one is allowed eat or drink in that specific area.

The staff must be watching her like a hawk. I can't always tell someone is breastfeeding

Probably easier to tell when one is wearing a bathing suit. :haha:

I can not think of anyway to feed discreetly at all in a swimming costume. It would have to be a case of all boob out.

I can not think of anyway to feed discreetly at all in a swimming costume. It would have to be a case of all boob out.

I have a one piece that goes over the shoulders, plunges in the front, and ties in front at the cleavage. It can be done with the right suit. But discretion at a place where a lot of people are showing a ton of skin is a non-issue, imo.

Plus, people wear swim cover like a t-shirt when they are out of the pool (I would because post pregnancy body)

I think discretion and what she or others wear is irrelevent.
Staff obviously saw and reacted,(in a right or wrong way is still up for debate) you dont need to watch someone like a hawk to suddenly walk past and see somthing, a life guard doing a half decent job will be observing everyone.

I don't think you can equate baby feeding with adult feeding when it comes to rules, but I would be interested what their policy would be on bottle feeding. If it were ok to bottle feed a baby wherever she was (and there seems to be some difference of opinion on that), then it's ok to breastfeed.

But I do agree there is not so much urgency when it comes to feeding. Most bottle fed babies manage perfectly well to wait for a bottle to be prepared, so BF babies should be no different in that regard. A couple of minutes isn't going to cause them any harm to get to a place that's more appropriate.

That said, it wouldn't bother me of someone fed their baby in the pool, bottle or breast.

I would feed anywhere but never felt the need to bf in a pool as you wouldnt bottle feed there and the same rules should apply for everyone.A chair at the side would have been more appropriate I think.

In her comments she said she was told not to feed because it was public and nasty. That in my opinion is wrong. It wouldn't bother me if someone fed in the pool or at the poolside. I've never needed to but that doesn't mean others haven't.

In her comments she said she was told not to feed because it was public and nasty. That in my opinion is wrong. It wouldn't bother me if someone fed in the pool or at the poolside. I've never needed to but that doesn't mean others haven't.

Im a little dubious about the truth of them saying that, judging by how she is going about it now and the fact she responded about knowing her rights I would think she would be kicking up a lot more stink if that was really said

That's apparently what she was wearing (you know how media is, pinch of salt and all that) if it is I think I would have pulled a muscle trying to BF in that :)
942004_10152942452660472_1572563188_n.jpg

As soon as I read the bit that said "I know my rights" then it was pretty clear the type of woman she is......

She would have needed to expose a full boob to bf in that.

I don't see the issue with how much boob was exposed. I've had to expose a whole boob in public to feed my LO before. When it's hot I'm not going to wear two tops and boil just so someone doesn't get a glimpse of boob.

I don't see the issue with how much boob is exposed either. Its just a boob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->