BF in Church-etiquette?!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
I know Im a bit premature :blush: but I was thinking today about when I have no.2 and we're in church. . .how would I manage feeding no.2?!

We go most sundays,and to be honest there arent many other babies or younger children there so no BF's already.

There is a room outside the actual main part of the church where the service is that I could feed, but surely that would defeat the object of actually going?That would mean leaving Brooke with my MIL too, and she is EXTREMELY wriggly!! :wacko:

Can I/would you feed in church? Or is it not the done thing? not sure If I would feel disrespectful/rude or not, Even if I was being discreet...

Thoughts?

i help run sunday school and the kids go in for the last 15 mins, they sit right at the very front and i feed Aimee as and when she needs, i use a blanket or cover with my cardi, never had a prob :)

as far as i know jesus was a boobie baby lol

LOL sezzulebum you made me laugh, Im sure he WAS a booby baby too :winkwink:

Maybe I should have a word with the priest and gauge his reaction. :flower:

I'd just do it. I can't see why church is any different from anywhere else really. Surely better to have a quiet feeding baby than a screaming hungry one?

as far as i know jesus was a boobie baby lol

:rofl:

I've bf during a Christening ceremony using a shawl and it was fine, I'm not sure anyone really noticed. Having said that, it was a very kiddie orientated day so I'm not sure if I'd feel differently if it was a normal service :shrug:

i have always breastfeed in church. i have just got back from the carol service and i did it tonight and no one has ever said anything. and will be doing the same when the new baby comes along!

I BF in church... I've never asked permission, but nobody has complained. I've taken communion whilst BFing too :rofl:

Seriously, though, God gave us breasts with which to feed! I really believe that churches should not just tolerate BFing but should celebrate it as part of creation.

At our church we have a room for babies where the service is relayed through speakers, so I always fed in there. I never actually fed in the main hall (although that's probably because Aaron refused to feed except in strange positions at first!) but I know one of the other mothers has done on occasion.

We have a mothers room, with a TV so we dont miss any part of the service, and we are about 6 mommies that feed and then go back into the main hall after or just relax in the mothers room, GOOD LUCK, you can ask the church to get a mothers room or just feed LO I dont see why not enjoy...

Those mothers rooms sound fabulous!! Think Ill definatly ask Fr.Charlie if there's anywhere similar I should sit, or if I its ok just to get on with it.

To be honest, I think Id be more embarrassed getting up and walking out with a screaming newborn that just sitting queitly in the pew and getting on with it!! :dohh:

Thanks for all the replies :flower:

I reckon my priest would be mortified if I asked him about it! I'd just get on with it, it isn't any different to feeding in other public places IMO.

I feed in church and the old ladies love it lol.

i fed mine in the curch. noone noticed as i was always sat in the corner anyway

I do it. Right in the pew, even though there's a room downstairs where you can turn on a speaker and hear what's going on upstairs. I take Adi down there to change him, but I nurse him from where I am. I just makes sure my nipple is out and ready underneath my clothes first, then I lift him up, position him, and then quickly pull my shirt up or down and latch him on. No one seems to notice, but those that do either say "Aww", "Oh!", or they say nothing and quickly look elsewhere.

I feed in church and no one bats an eye at us, i looked round the other sunday to see if anyone was looking and there was a woman across from me feeding as well.

I always feed in Church, I do tend to sit towards the back, and the only time I've ever got a strange look was from a non-regular!

I feed in church and I sit in the front row or sometimes the second row. I am very discrete but I don't use a blanket over his head or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->