Bf not ready and clock ticking. Need support.

I also agree about talking about it. My OH is 2 years younger than me, so while I was ready, he wasn't. We talked about everything, all the time, family and kids being one of many things discussed and after about 1 year he finally felt ready. I was just turning 36 and that's still plenty young.
My sister also had her first at 36 and then accidentally got pregnant again at 38, so you tend to have more time than you think.

Thanks. I'm about to turn 36 too. Thanks for your reply xx :hugs:

Hi Enrisa - I can so sympathise - I have been married to DH for 14 years, and am now 36 - we only started trying last year, because he was finally ready. It took a while to convince him, and I did have to tell him that this was something I really wanted to do and I wanted him to be the one I had kids with. Bless him for getting on board - more so in the last six months particularly, he is really putting in a lot of effort.

I can also speak from experience of someone who got pregnant on purpose, and didn't involve the dad in the decision - he still doesn't know - still believes it was a little accident. Needless to say that they are struggling in their relationship as a result.

I agree with the other posters - you have a decision to make, but don't give up - perhaps if you write all your feelings down, and try to get across what this means to you - he can then read it in private and perhaps get a little insight in to your thoughts, without the potential for tears, tantrums and threats.

All the best sweetheart, we're all here to support one another :flower:

Entire,
I'm 36, will be 37 in a month. My bf is 50. We've been together for more than 8 years. He didn't want kids and I've given up with being a mom. A year ago we visited my friend who has 3 beautiful little kids, the youngest was just 6 months. Almost the next day I heard him saying, let's have a baby. My advice is get him exposed to cute babies :).

I agree with WiiWidow. I suggest you get yourself checked out with CD 3 and 21 blood tests, but more importantly get an AMH test. I got one done at 37 and it was very low, which means "try now or it'll never happen". If you get a good result, then you know yuo have a bit of time to pay with. yes lots of ladies get pregnant easily after 35, but a lot more don't. You may be fine, you may not - it's better to know.

If your results don't come back painting a rosey picture, you'll need to explain what this means to your bf, and what action needs to happen and when!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->