• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFing and fertility

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm starting to think about ttc again although perhaps not for a few more months and I think I might start charting my cycles again. My cycles have been 32 days since they came back when DD was 11 months, but this one is longer at 36 days and counting. Am I likely back to full fertility now, or could I be having AF without ovulating? If anyone could direct me to more info about breastfeeding and fertility I'd be grateful. Also I took maca while I was ttc before, but I dont know if I can take it when BFing?

My cycles came back around 5 1/2 months pp. They're still trying to work themselves out. I have had a 20 day cycle (which I believe may have been anovulatory), a 16 day cycle, and now I'm on day 25 and just now ovulating.

I've heard that B6 and vitex (chasteberry) are helpful in regulating cycles if you want to try that route. You're likely fertile. I know I'm fertile, because I'm ovulating. My problem at the moment is a short luteal phase as things try to get back to normal. But if you're having AF, you're probably fertile.

About halfway down on this page is some info as far as BFing and TTC.

https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility/#fertilitylinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->