BFN approximately 8dpo...help!

Bridget7387

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Let me start by saying I never thought I'd be in one of these forum groups so soon. Here's why... I wasn't exactly TTC. I have been pregnant once before at age 20 and I miscarried around 8 wks. I was not at all ready for a baby so I think things happened that way for a reason. Now...I'm 28 and I've been dating the same guy for 5 yrs. he moved out of state nearly a year ago to pursue another degree so we don't see each other often. I recently visited him and during that time, we did the do and according to an app I use to keep up with my cycle, It was during my fertile window. Twice, we used no method of birth control. In fact, we usually rely on the pull out trick. On a Saturday and Sunday, we did nothing to prevent a possible pregnancy. I flew home Sunday night and since then, I've had some crazy feelings.

According to my app, I O'd on feb 27 but I know this to be false b/c my cycle length is closer to 31-32 days and not 28 days. I would guess I O'd on March 3 or 4th. The last time we BD was March 1st. My cycle is due March 18 or 19. Today, March 14th, I took a HPT and got a BFN. If I'm correct, I should be 8dpo. Around 6dpo, I felt like AF was coming and I don't usually start my cycle early. It's very regular.

Symptoms I think I've had-
-2 or 3dpo cold/flu like symptoms, dizziness, chills, headache
- 6, 7, 8dpo (day of BFN) AF cramping/bloating, warm burning twinges in lower abdomen, lower back aches on right side, boobs feel harder but not sore

I only tested because 4 people have all said "you aren't pregnant are you?"
I couldn't say for sure if I was or wasn't so I started thinking about all of the things I've felt lately. In my first pregnancy, I only knew because of intuition and I can remember feeling bloated like AF was coming. Other than that, I had no symptoms until after AF was a no show.

Although I wasn't ttc, I was really bummed to see the BFN. Is there still hope or am I out already?

8dpo is really early to test - implantation doesn't even happen until up to 10dpo, so don't worry yet :)

You are not out at all...8 dpo is very very early. Not many would get a positive that early....more likely 12/13/14 dpo tbh. In fact when is AF due I wouldn't be inclined to test until at least the day before or day of.

good luck x

Today is Sunday and AF is due Thursday ...that seems so far away right now

Today is Sunday and AF is due Thursday ...that seems so far away right now

Keep your chin up and the time will pass quicker then you know!! As long as the witch (AF) doesn't show you're in the running Sweetheart!

Well... I think I'm out for sure! Looks like AF is here two days early. My mind was playing evil tricks on me once again. Kinda scares me because I think something else could be wrong. There's no way I should feel cramping, twinges, and back pains as early as 4dpo. Think it's time for me to have a thorough exam. Good luck to the rest of you waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->