BFP 4 weeks after MC???? Not sure if real or not...

andella95

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Not quite sure where to put this. I had a miscarriage last month at a little over five weeks. I tested several times and never had really, really dark lines, but they were definitely positives. Two days after I started spotting my beta was already back down to 25 (2/11), and then three days later it was at 10 (on 2/14).

Today, 4 weeks after the heavy bleeding started, I tested again with a $tree, test, and got a faint pink line - but considerably darker than any of the $trees I took last month. I hadn't seriously considered the chance that I could be pregnant again (as we'd been trying for more than 2 years), but my boobs were killing me and I've been experiencing weird cramping and my nipples looked different. I've just been chalking it up to AF being on the way...but now I don't know my my levels are going back up due to retained tissue or if I have conceived again.

I am so confused! I will find out next week, but for now I just need some support and I'm curious about your experiences.

It is definitely possible! Lots of women on here have! I really hope you are! That would be wonderful....Right?

I guess just talk to your doctor about it. They could do a blood test for you. Good luck and a happy and healthy pregnancy to you if you are!!

I have had numerous miscarriages and took me nearly 6 weeks to get a negative HPT with some of them, although other symptoms were virtually all gone.
I would ask gp for a blood test. good luck

First and foremost so sorry for your loss. It took my HCG 8 weeks to get below 5 but my levels were through the roof to start with. Mine only went back to <5 after my first AF. I would say that given yours were 10, it could be a genuine BFP. Good luck hunny. Hope it is! x x x

I could have written your post!! I had my miscarriage early feb and I was 5+3. I had blood tests for the next two weeks to make sure my levels had dropped and on the 18th Feb my hcg was1.

After 4 weeks still no AF so I tested on the off chance sure that there wouldnt be a line. And there was. I rung the doctors to ask if it was possible it was left over from my m\c and they said it was unlikely.

A blood test this week confirmed my hcg at nearly 400 so Im pregnant again.

So it CAN happen. You need to get a blood test to confirm. Fingers crossed for you. I hope your ttc journey is soon over x

Thank you everyone for your replies...I'm going to get an appointment next week and see what happens. I was just so sure that AF had to be coming, but then I realized that I felt pregnant and not like AF was going to start, so I took a test. We only dtd twice, and the most recent was about a week ago, so I just don't know.

I am so scared of another MC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->