BFP After a Chemical - How do I stop worrying??

lauraloo24

Reaction score
I just got my BFP yesterday, not sure what DPO but i wont be 4 weeks till Tuesday so still VERY early days. I wasnt going to test till Tuesday but I couldnt resist. I havent told anyone about BFP, not even DH as want to see what happens. But i find myself just worrying it will be another chemical! Keep squeezing my boobs to see if they're still sore and panicking if not as thats the only symptom i have (apart from occasional very mild nausea and headache)

Is anyone else newly pregnant after a mc/chemical and shares my worries? I just want to get past the point where i mc last time (4wks 5 days) then i can relax but thats a week on Sunday!

I'm forcing myself to test every other day only and hopefully if the lines get darker that will reassure me.

If you're anything like me you wont stop worrying until you get progress on FRERS and clearblue digi's. I didn't stop worrying or testing til I got really dark lines and my 3+.
I really feel for you, I know too well about chemicals and evaps, there heart breaking. I'm sure that this is your sticky bean so try not to worry. Now I cant stop worrying til I have my 1st scan! :hugs:

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice as I am going through the same thing! My last pregnancy ended 7W3D (which is what I am today) I have an ultrasound on Tuesday but I cried last night because I am so scared to go in and see the baby has stopped growing or something. I did have an ultrasound last week that showed a baby with a healthy heartbeat, so that is reassuring, but it seems almost impossible not to worry all the time. I'm just trying to take it a day at a time. Maybe order a doppler when you're a little further along to ease your mind?

Thanks ladies, and h&h pregnancies for you both.

Shall take each step as progress, my last pregnancy never really got off the ground as my lines got no darker before they faded. So a darker line would be a milestone for me, then a 3+ on a digi, and then if I make it to 7/8 weeks i will book a reassurance scan as here in the UK you dont get scans till 12weeks without paying, and I dont think i can wait that long!

I just want to get through these early days without going insane!

Not much to do but wait and *try* not to stress too much. Easier said than done, though. Though I've never had a chemical, I have had multiple early losses, so I understand the stress and the awful waiting and seeing. Good luck to you!

I wish I knew.. I was terrible to start with must have spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests to reassure myself :/ I had an early scan at 7weeks2days and everything was perfect im now nervous it not being at my next scan...

but every time Im sick or feel sick i feel happy that there's some sign of pregnancy... waiting for my 12 week scan on the 4th of Aug is taking a life time!!

I know how you feel. My first pregnancy was an early loss (well, I suspected I'd MC from very early due to low HCG and spotting, and knew for sure I'd MC around 6 weeks. Didn't start bleeding until after 7 weeks, though).

I'm now on my second pregnancy and it's going exactly the same as the first (except without the bleeding). I've pretty much accepted that this will be another MC, and I'm already worrying about my next pregnancy. It's so difficult and frustrating, especially waiting for this pregnancy to end so I can try again. I want a baby!!

I think the best thing you can do for reassurance is get some beta-hcg blood tests at the doctor. There are a lot of research papers if you google giving various success rates given certain levels and dpos that could be very reassuring (potentially!) and frankly, tell you if things really aren't likely to go well, too. Personally, I want to know what's really going on, and not get attached if I'm going to miscarry.

This article summarized a research paper and it basically gives you a pretty good idea of your probability of success based on your hcg at 16dpo. Obviously levels doubling is also important but when people say "the number doesn't matter, just if it doubles in 48 hours" that's not really true. I mean, anything is possible, and there are lots of stories about women beating the odds, but it's more the exception than the rule.

THe article -> https://www.squidoo.com/16dpo

Very good luck to you!!!!

Hey I had a chemical in April and then got a bfp next cycle! I totally understand the worry one piece of advice I can give feel free to ignore is don't use digitals for progression I know so many woman that freak when it says 1-2 when it should be 2-3 and so fourth they just are not reliable for progression and can cause you unneeded duress. I took an frer a week after my first positive and got the nice dark test kind with the lighter control line that means your very pregnant. After that I just took it day by day. I know the thoughts going through your head this was my 3rd pregnancy both previous were miscarriage so no matter what just think happy thoughts and pray for a sticky! I'm 13 weeks today and my worry for miscarriage has lessened immensely! Hugs for your girl and think positive

Thanks everyone for your advice. 4077girl, im in the UK and doctors dont offer beta HCG tests im afraid so thats not an option. I was reassured somewhat that the test i took this morning was noticeably darker than weds evening and im definitely feeling more symptoms than my previous pregnancy despite not being as far along. The test i took this morning at 3w 3d was darker than the one at 4w 3d last pregnancy. So i think thats promising. And thanks also for advice re the digi, I have one which im going to hold off taking for a while to hopefully get 2-3 but i wont be buying anymore as ive seen a lot of threads showing the worry they have caused.

I share your worries! I had a CP last month when I was 4w+2 which I will be again tomorrow. I got my bfp 3 days ago and took another hpt this morning and it was a little darker. I also have been having tons of symptoms and I didn't have that last month so I'm trying to stay hopeful. I will feel much better in a few weeks. I think a lot of people have chemicals and then get pregnant again the next month with a healthy baby. Try to stay positive!! Wishing you lots of luck! :hugs:

I share your worries! I had a CP last month when I was 4w+2 which I will be again tomorrow. I got my bfp 3 days ago and took another hpt this morning and it was a little darker. I also have been having tons of symptoms and I didn't have that last month so I'm trying to stay hopeful. I will feel much better in a few weeks. I think a lot of people have chemicals and then get pregnant again the next month with a healthy baby. Try to stay positive!! Wishing you lots of luck! :hugs:

You too!! Hope these are our rainbow babies :) I'm already feeling a lot different to last pregnancy x

I'm still trying to figure that out! I thought surely after a good bfp progression. Then 6-wk scan. Then 12-wk scan, 2nd tri, etc...
After so many failures, I'm in self-preservation mode and have a hard time imagining bringing home a baby in Jan! (things have been sooo different this time though- never even made it close to where I am)

Wish I had ideas for you! Good luck- every pregnancy is totally different!

I feel you pain! I had two back to back chemicals in March & April but the tests never really got dark... This time they were super dark so I really hope this little peanut is sticky! I agree that don't use Clearblue digitalis for progression. With my MC in Jan they never got beyond 2-3 and adter spending about £70 I had a MC... I was devastated plus skint as well! Good luck my lovely x

Laura - I am right there with you on the worrying. I suffered a mmc at 12w6d just last month and I am now pregnant again with no cycle in between. I am trying my best to relax and enjoy this pregnancy but the worry is definitely there. I've read many successful stories regarding sticky rainbow babies right after mmc/mc/cp so I am hoping we will get our rainbows :)

4077 - That is a pretty neat article....reassuring for me as I was at 324 on 15dpo :)

Sorry to all of the ladies who've posted in here. I wish none of us had to suffer a loss!

Hi Laura, I can't be any help to you I am afraid, I am going through the exact thing, I have had 5 chemicals in the last 15 months, AF was due yesterday no show, and I tested positive, I called my Doctor and she gave me Utrogestan 100mg 2-3 times a day. have you tried these? she is unsure if it will help, but it can't hurt but try.. I've been spending my days looking through the internet, researching everything, basically driving myself insane,

Added- I have never got beyond 4-5 days..

I've had 2 chemicals and a MC at 10 weeks so I know how worrying it is.

I'm the same as you. BFP after an ectopic and chemical and I'm so nervous. Used IC's to see if I could see any progression and there's none at all, although some people are saying they don't get strong positives on them until they're quite far along. I think I'll book a scan at 8 weeks. I don't want to book it until I'm 7 weeks just in case. Trying so hard not to worry. Hope you're doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->