BFP after the time limit? Evap line?

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I have had the feeling that I was pregnant for a little while, but since we weren't trying, and I had a small bit of bleeding, I didn't think much of it.

I know you're not supposed to look at tests after the time frame, but I always have and I've never seen anything like this. After I took the test, I saw what I thought was a really faint second line. After 15 minutes, it turned into a very dark red line and it has stayed there for over 24 hours. The same thing happened on two other tests of the same brand, though one of them showed up like that after 7 minutes (2 minutes after you weren't supposed to look at it anymore).

I've followed up with two other tests of other brands and I only see very faint "maybe there" lines. I know that after the time frame, there can be evaps, but aren't they usually grey or white and not super dark red with the same width as the control line? Do I need to stop obsessing and chalk it up to "don't look at the test after the time frame?" Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 47
do u have any pics of the tests? once i used a test like the doctors use & after 10 mins there was a dark pink second line and i was not pregnant that time, but i did think i was pregnant and i was meant to take the result within 5 mins of taking the test. Who know's though... with me i throw out any hpt's once the time limit is up, and i dont really look at it again koz on the instructions say to disregard any results after the time limit. goodluck love xx

Can you tell me how to put a picture up on here? I do have one.

Ok, done. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your help.

yeh luv, i had the same kind of line on a test exactly the same as yours & i wasnt pregnant that time.

Ok. I figured it might not be a true positive. My last period was in May, was two days late, and lasted a light two days. It is due again in 3 days. So I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I have had the feeling that I was pregnant for a little while, but since we weren't trying, and I had a small bit of bleeding, I didn't think much of it.

I know you're not supposed to look at tests after the time frame, but I always have and I've never seen anything like this. After I took the test, I saw what I thought was a really faint second line. After 15 minutes, it turned into a very dark red line and it has stayed there for over 24 hours. The same thing happened on two other tests of the same brand, though one of them showed up like that after 7 minutes (2 minutes after you weren't supposed to look at it anymore).

I've followed up with two other tests of other brands and I only see very faint "maybe there" lines. I know that after the time frame, there can be evaps, but aren't they usually grey or white and not super dark red with the same width as the control line? Do I need to stop obsessing and chalk it up to "don't look at the test after the time frame?" Thank you in advance.

hey So i just kind of wanted to share my experience with you hope it helps. Back in oct 2008 i took hpt waited the a lot of time and looked nothing, forgot to throw the stick away ran out the house for about 15 minutes and went to toss the stick and there it was BFP. I decided that it had to be wrong considering it didnt show up on time right? Wrong 2 months later i had cramps so intense i would have sworn they were contractions, the next day really really heavy bleeding, followed by a big mass of tissue falling out of me. Took it to my ob/gyn's office and they sent it to the lab to be analyzed. Turned out to be products of conception. My advice would be wait a few days test again or go to the doctor's and have a blood test. Finding out i was pg by mc was devastating i sure dont want anyone else to go through it. Apparently if you are really early in pregnancy it can take a little longer than the allotted time to show up on hpt. Something i wish i would have known.

Oh no! That's horrible!!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you :-(

I'm due for a regular checkup, anyway, so I think I'll just go ahead and make an appointment in the morning. I'll ask for a blood test. Thank you for sharing your story.

Oh no! That's horrible!!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you :-(

I'm due for a regular checkup, anyway, so I think I'll just go ahead and make an appointment in the morning. I'll ask for a blood test. Thank you for sharing your story.

No problem best of luck to you

evaps are never pink, the fact that yours is really makes me think its a bfp. My sister recently had it where she didn't see anything show up on her test in the 5 min. Thought for sure it was neg. Looked again a while later and there was a bfp. Shes followed up with more tests and she's def pregnant, had an u/s to confirm and is 10 weeks now! Best of luck to you! I would suggest taking a FRER and first morning urine or get a blood test from the doc. Did you test again this morning? Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->