BFP after Vasectomy Reversal. *Dec '13 RESULTS* 70% got a BFP within 1yr! :-)

lol yer!! I've just put a thread in TTC with a vid I watched, those :spermy: have got alot of work to do, I hope my DH's swimmers are up for the challenge!!

Hubby doing an SA today at the spire so gotta shoot up there later with the magic potion :rofl:

Yeah I've seen the conception process on vids before and it's a miracle we get preg

Oooh good luck with the SA!!! How long have you got to wait for the results??? Our's isn't due until 13th Dec, seems forever away!! xx

I'm not actually sure bout the wait ?? I'd say a week? Dunno lol

Results go to our doctor

Dec ain't far away :) soon come round

We originally had nov 16th as a test date but surgeon said no reason not to test now as op went well etc but did warn not to get too excited ... He's very realistic!

Been great Reading the success stories on here though gives me hope

Yer thats what I thought. When we first had it done and I first joined, I spent alot of time searching on here for success stories and they were kind of dotted around, I thought we should have something that is central and can give you figures and stories at the same time. I'm amazed at the results so far, and so many of those under 1yr are within 3months!! Amazing!! xx

Back from the hospital now been park with my boys at the skateboarding ramps corrr bloody freeezin!

Lady at pathology said sperm would be analized today and the results should go doc by latest this time next week

All go!

Hope everyones eggs are behaving too!

Ooh great!! Fingers crossed!! Looks like the next few weeks are going to be quite exciting for alot of us!! :happydance: xx

Ooh great!! Fingers crossed!! Looks like the next few weeks are going to be quite exciting for alot of us!! :happydance: xx

Cor yeah

Im due on 24th or 25th dont feel pregnant :shrug: but then didnt feel preg before either :haha: but just gonna wait see if period shows up

Im very relaxed about it all being honest. We've already booked our holiday next year and if we cant go then so be it but im not putting my life on hold for this ttc lark..will drive me mental!

Its nice to see the positive stories though!

Hope to be reading your positive story soon!

Hey, I will post up back here once we get BFP. I was saying on another thread how frustrating it's been, OH's VR was done in May and the post op SA consisted of 'sperm present in ejaculate, so op technically successful'. We were happy about that at the time but now getting impatient, I am wanting to know why a more detailed analysis wasn't given. I mean we paid nearly 2 grand for the op:wacko:

I've been asking OH to get in touch with the surgeon about it for a while now so took the initiative and called the hospital myself. Surgeon who did the VR is back from holidays a week today so FX we can get somewhere. It kind of seems like once he'd got the money that was it :growlmad:

Anyway fingers crossed all us VR hopefuls get our BFPs soon xx

We paid £2500 and obviously we know it was a success because I got pregnant but when we went for the consultation with the surgeon after the vr he said congratulations it was a success try having sex mid cycle and your sperm count is 28million, thats all we know

We paid £2500 and obviously we know it was a success because I got pregnant but when we went for the consultation with the surgeon after the vr he said congratulations it was a success try having sex mid cycle and your sperm count is 28million, thats all we know

It's a shame they aren't very thorough in telling you about it, I mean those results are what you pay the money for really aren't they? I hope we get more out of our SA then when we go! Have got about 7 weeks to go now xx

It's a shame they aren't very thorough in telling you about it, I mean those results are what you pay the money for really aren't they? I hope we get more out of our SA then when we go! Have got about 7 weeks to go now xx

I didnt ask enough questions I think I was just so shocked when he said it was a success, if I dont get a bfp this month dh is going to ring the surgeon and ask for a detailed result. fx you get the results you want

I didnt ask enough questions I think I was just so shocked when he said it was a success, if I dont get a bfp this month dh is going to ring the surgeon and ask for a detailed result. fx you get the results you want

Thanks, I've got everything crossed (well apart from my you know whats!! :winkwink: - Can't get pregnant with those crossed!!) :haha: Yer, it def wont hurt to give them a call anyway and ask for a detailed report. Good luck and keep us posted!! :flower:

Hey ladies, just thought Id share my story.
My OH had a VR done which we were told had worked. After a year of ttc we went to our doctor so he could have his sperm samples checked and his motility was very low although the count was normal. He repeated the test a few times and then referred us to the hospital where we were told our best chance was ICSI. Lucky for us it worked on our first go, and baby is due in less than 9 weeks! In all, from having the VR to getting pregnant, it took 2 years. But we did need help getting there.
Good luck to you all, I know how difficult it can be and I wish you all BFP soon!!!!
xx

Hey ladies, just thought Id share my story.
My OH had a VR done which we were told had worked. After a year of ttc we went to our doctor so he could have his sperm samples checked and his motility was very low although the count was normal. He repeated the test a few times and then referred us to the hospital where we were told our best chance was ICSI. Lucky for us it worked on our first go, and baby is due in less than 9 weeks! In all, from having the VR to getting pregnant, it took 2 years. But we did need help getting there.
Good luck to you all, I know how difficult it can be and I wish you all BFP soon!!!!
xx

Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your eventual BFP, great news that the ICSI worked first time, I cna imagine you were really chuffed after waiting after the VR. XX

Our op cost £1750.00 and dont they tell you:

PARAMETER MINIMUM VALUE

Volume (mL) 2.0
Sperm Concentration (million/mL) 20
Motility (%) 50
Forward Progression (0-4) 3
Normal Morphology (%) (WHO) 30
Normal Morphology (%) (Strict) 14
Total Sperm Count (million) 40
Total Motile Sperm (million) 20
Total Functional Sperm (million) 6

i was hoping to find out all areas? x