BFP and breastfeedinf

Momconsigns

Reaction score
:bfp: and breastfeeding my 14 month old, anyone else? Don't know if I should keep it up, had a lot of problems with preterm labor and deliveries.

there's no problems with BF and being pregnant in a normal pregnancy, however you might find your milk dries up, or your LO goes off it when your colostrum comes in. they say normally about 4 months. i'd talk to your doctor tho with you having had a lot of problems withyour previous pregnancy. they say BF causes your womb to contract a bit, but only in the same way sex does, so i'm assumin that if they say you're safe to have sex, you're safe to BF.

and congrats xx

Congratulations - I'm jealous :)

I have wondered the same thing and even though AF hasn't visited yet, we'd like to try for no 2 soon. I'd also like to carry on b/f Poppy too. Am going to ask my h/v when I see her next week so can let you know. I guess you should maybe check with your doc first to be on the safe side. x

:wacko:Wow....biiiiiiiiiiig congratulations honey.

I found out I was pregnant when Toby was only 5months old and asked all these questions as I had previously lost two babies who were prem :sadangel:and also went into pre-term labour with my others too but they were all fine luckily, I also had suffered a miscarriage. I also found out 7wks into the pregnancy that I was miscarrying one of twins so I was increasingly worried about losing the other:cry:

The information I found was "normal" people can carry on breastfeeding no probs but if you have had pre-term labour history or history of miscarriages then you need to think seriously about it.

I was mortified at having to give up breastfeeding while Toby was still so young so I carried on until I was 4months pregnant but I got nasty cramps everytime I fed or expressed milk so I decided it would be best to stop and give my new baby the best chance possible. It was a very hard decision but Toby was 9months and I was glad I'd done it that long considering the pains I was getting when feeding.

Erin was born full term and very healthy, Toby loves his sister and kisses her all day long (or should I say drools on her:rofl:).

It's your decision but as your little one is a bit older you may find it a bit easier to stop. Remember you don't want your 14month old to feel resentful towards the new baby so a big gap between giving up feeding this one and starting to feed the new one would be better so the 14month old doesn't feel like baby is taking the milk off him/her.

Good luck with the decision:muaha:

And good luck with your pregnancy:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->