BFP at 20dpo? NEW TEST PG 3

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
I posted a thread in the Two Week Wait section about being pretty sure of my O date, but no AF or BFP and I'm 5-6 days late now.

I had been testing with the only tests I have - 25miU cheap strips. They had been giving a faint shadow looking line that I wasn't even sure was there.

But then tonight, I took a test at 11pm. A faint pink line came up. So I dipped another, same thing. DH could even see them.

I dipped another in the same pee, and another in water and the pee one doesn't look dark like the others. And there's nothing on the water one.

I'm not sure what is going on! I'm tempted to drive to the supermarket and buy a first response but don't want to waste even more money if it's negative.

https://i68.tinypic.com/28vsw1i.jpg
Here is the first two, which look like nothing on camera.

I do see something faint. I would not say clear BFP yet, but that doesn't mean it's not a BFP, they are so hard to catch on camera at first.

Having said that, if this IS the start of something (and I hope it is), you most likely didn't O when you think you did or it would be much darker by now.

Hope it's a BFP!!

The glare is stopping me seeing clearly but I think I see lines on both

I do see something faint. I would not say clear BFP yet, but that doesn't mean it's not a BFP, they are so hard to catch on camera at first.

Having said that, if this IS the start of something (and I hope it is), you most likely didn't O when you think you did or it would be much darker by now.

Hope it's a BFP!!
I'm doubtful it is, but we'll see!

The glare is stopping me seeing clearly but I think I see lines on both
I fixed the pic.

I do see what you mean but I can't tell the colour. I reckon buy a FRER, they are more sensitive so if this is a genuine line then a FRER should show up much clearer

May buy a FRER sometime tomorrow. Stores are closed now because it's 2am.

But the time didn't stop me from cooking scrambled eggs. I absolutely had to have them, which is interesting to me. I'm not a big fan of eggs and that was all I craved my last pregnancy. Scrambled eggs!

Hmmmm!

I see something! If they're 25miu then a more sensitive one will definitely show :)

I've dipped a million more tests and some have faint lines (only 2 were non-squinters), and some have nothing. I think they're faulty tests.

Is it unusual for you to be this late for AF? I cant see anything on them, but I know cameras totally wash out faint lines. But if they ARE faulty tests and its not normal for you to be this late, then hopefully a different brand test would show something!

Is it unusual for you to be this late for AF? I cant see anything on them, but I know cameras totally wash out faint lines. But if they ARE faulty tests and its not normal for you to be this late, then hopefully a different brand test would show something!

I usually temp and use OPKs but this cycle I did not temp, or bother too much with ovulation tests. I get very bad ovulation pains, and this month was no different. When I take Femara (as I did this month), I generally ovulate on CD17, but I marked it down as CD16. I felt all my usual progesterone symptoms and didn't question my ovulation date or even if I did ovulate until AF didn't show up. She usually arrives on 14 or 15dpo, no fail.

At this point I would just like to know what the heck is happening, and if I didn't ovulate - why not? This dose has not failed me before.

So frustrating! I would want to know what was going on too! Maybe try a different brand, it could be that you got a bad batch of tests that aren't showing a line

Your urine could be diluted so the test lines will be faint, maybe try again in the morning and see what the test is like then. X

I think your tests are faulty, you may get a clear line on another test. My last pregnancy I got a faint BFP at 19dpo and some of the tests i was using (same sensitivity) were still stark white for another whole week, and even then they were questionable. Good luck!! I think it sounds promising for you, buy a better test!

I took another test and there was an even fainter line but still there. I went and brought some FRER. There is a line but it's faint line. It appeared within a minute and we are currently at the 6 minute mark and it's getting darker. I have no idea when I ovulated but I am scared because the last time we BD was CD20 and I'm now CD36.

I think do another FRER tomorrow or the next day and see if it's darker

I just feel like crying because I feel so uneasy about this. This is the third time I have been pregnant in 18 months and we have been TTC for 5 years. So even if everything was fine I would still worry, but given that I don't know when I ovulated and the tests are so faint... I don't feel very optimistic. It's not because I don't want to, but because I need to be realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->