BFP at 4 weeks - any success stories after BFN at 5 weeks?

San Diego

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the correct place so apologies if not...

Just a little bit of history, I've got one 3 year son after TTC for 2 years but luckily our 1st IVF was successful and have been TTC our second for a further 2 years with two failed IVFs so far this year.

I was thrilled to get a BFP on FRER last Wednesday (day 28) and got 1-2 weeks pregnant on Clearblue Digital last Saturday (4+1 weeks) but today (5+1 weeks) I've done two digitals and they're both saying Not Pregnant rather than the 2-3 weeks I was desperately hoping for.

I know deep down that it's over for me but I'm clinging onto the hope that there's someone out there that got a false negative at 5 weeks.

Sorry if my TTC lingo isn't correct, I've been reading these forums for over 5 years and am very nervously writing this first post.

Thank you ladies x

I'm sorry I can't give you advice but didn't want to read and run. Hope all works out for you

I'm sorry it doesn't sound good :( the only reason a negative may show up if you are still pregnant would be the hook effect - try diluting your urine by half and testing - but this usually happens later, and I don't think it'd usually result in totally negative tests that early. I'm so sad I can't offer you anything more positive.

I hope things turn out wonderfully for you :hugs: xxxxxxxxxx

False negatives aren't likely in a healthy pregnant, a week after having a positive. I'd call the doctor and get my levels checked, if I were you. In the meantime, I'd also get a cheaper test, the kind that shows up 2 lines if positive and 1 if negative. They tend to be much more sensitive, and since they're easier on the budget, you can get quite a few to do one each morning to see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->