BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Miki - Gummy sounds so adorable! Is he crawling yet?! :haha: The house hunt sounds exciting and maybe a bit stressful. I hope it goes well and you find something you love. It sounds like you have a plan for where you'd like to be.

We are realizing that our schools are really terrible where we live and I'm not sure what we want to do about it yet. People are not helping when they remind us how awful the schools are. They are almost 90% minority, low SES population and get crappy funding. But I can't tell if the school M would go to is really that bad or just has a bad reputation. Now is when already owning a house is a pain - it's just not that easy to move (but I don't really want to, anyway). Funny how our babies change everything, big or small, as soon as they become part of our lives!

M has been having trouble with thrush, reflux, and constipation. When we get one dealt with, it causes something else to become worse. I feel like we're terrible mommies because we can't keep up with the 4x day medication for thrush AND 2x day medication for reflux and special formula for constipation :dohh:. Anyone have any tips? Other than that, we're doing well.

I can relate wicky. We had an outbreak of thrush plus yeast infection. It was hard to keep up with the medication and I’m sure I missed a couple doses. The thrush cleared up. The yeast infection did not. When we took her back, she had an ear infection. So, then I had to struggle with trying to keep on top of the yeast infection ointment treatments and the antibiotics. I’m not at all sure how great of a job we did! She’s got a follow up. So, I guess we’ll see. Argh!

Oh my, TTC, that sounds rough! Is it wrong that I'm glad that I'm not the only one to struggle with baby medicine regimens? Before having a baby, I had no idea what a challenge it was to get medications to the baby. It's not like with pets where they're hard to dose, it's just the frequency on top of everything else you have to pay attention to with a little one!

Hi ladies! Just checking in! Need to take some time and catch up on everyone!

37+1 today - we will meet our daughter this month! I’m so excited!!! The last couple of weeks were a little rough as I developed plantar fasciitis in my left foot but it is finally starting to ease up. Feeling baby’s head down low (hello lightning crotch!) and my cervix is starting to soften. One more growth scan on Friday - baby girl measured in the 41st percentile at 33 weeks...curious to see if that’s changed!

We are feeling ready! Hospital bags are packed, nursery is ready...not much left to do but wait! :) Excited to join you all in the mommy club!

Attachments

• 5BE03FFC-B67F-483D-82A1-223F1A432A49.jpg
    5BE03FFC-B67F-483D-82A1-223F1A432A49.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15
So glad to hear from you Ask! That's great news that things are going well and you're pretty ready for baby girl to join you in the "real world" soon. The nursery is lovely! I can't believe it's already August and your baby's almost here! Yay!!!:happydance: :cloud9:

Wicky- Oh yes, gummy started crawling Saturday morning, and he also suddenly started getting into a sitting position on his own. So he spent all his naps on the weekend moving around the crib and sitting up, moving, sitting, on and on… Sigh. He’s like a little doggie now. He squeals or guffaws with laughter when he sees one of the cats, and he chases after them. He once crawled up to me with a pair of his pants in his mouth.
Yeah, that’s the reason we’re moving, for the schools. We love living in Oakland, but I don't want to have to send gummy to an exclusive school to get a proper education. I'd prefer a well-rounded school with kids from all walks of life, plus with decent funding/teachers (i.e. Berkeley). The cost of housing is so crazy there that I’m sure we’ll be priced out very soon, so it’s time to take the plunge. It’s stressful! I hope the school that M will go to just has a bad reputation, so you won’t have to move. Poor you and M, I hope that you manage to untangle that web of ailments. I’m sure it’s typical that parents can’t keep track of the meds. My cousins actually left their child at church once (they just drove home without him), which I think is worse than being muddled by meds :haha:

TTC- Wow, poor Bella! I hope she gets well really soon, you must be really stressed out with all that she’s going through these days.

Ask- That is such a lovely nursery! You’re one prepared mommy to be! It’s so exciting that you’re almost due.

I wonder how Vonn and MsR are doing with their little ones. I hope to hear some updates from them soon!

AFM- We took gummy out for a jog along the marina. The bike trailer we bought doubles as a jogger. It was great fun, and I can’t wait to start cycling with him in it! We went for a few open houses with him in the ergo carrier, and the agents fawned over him. If only he could get us a discount on a home! We now go out a fair bit with gummy, including going to restaurants, as he’s happy to chill out most of the time. If not, we just feed him and he’s fine again.

Ask - I’m so excited for you!

Miki - crawling is such a fun time! Gummy sounds like a ball of joy!

Wicky - it’s not wrong at all. When I read your post, I definitely thought - thank god! I’m not a terrible mother!

AFM - we’re done moving and are now attempting to settle in. Bella is doing great and seems to be a healthy little bug (finally), but now our dog is sick. It’s always something!

Miki - hooray for crawling! How are you and DH keeping up? I am anxious about the crawling phase because our house seems like a minefield for little ones to find dangerous/not-kid-friendly things. That's so cute that you've been able to take gummy to your open houses. I wish he could get you a discount, too! The school thing is still an issue for us, but I'm hoping that our elementary school will become a magnet school before M starts kindergarten. If not, we will likely apply to the magnet schools and possibly a charter school and see what happens. I just want her to be safe and happy. The rest will sort itself out. I'm sure you will find the right home in the right location for you and your family, but it's good to look early so you're not rushing to close before the kindergarten cut-off!

TTC - whew! I will happily commiserate with you on the challenges of baby medication :haha: Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope that's resolved since you posted. Glad Bella's feeling better!

Ask, I hope all is still going well with you. Not much longer! I can't wait for you to meet your little girl :cloud9:

Wish, if you're lurking, just know I think about you and your boys often and hope that you're all doing well during your transition to that fantastic new job!

AFM - I finally broke down and scheduled with a lactation consultant and our appointment was this morning. M is having so much trouble feeding, even with the bottle, and I suspected it was related to her tongue-tie. The LC confirmed that the tongue-tie is very tight and has restricted M's range of movement to the point that she can't latch and can't maintain suction while making the jaw movements necessary to suck. So we now have a long list of things to do, including scheduling with a dental surgeon to have the tie released, getting in with an occupational therapist to help with all the tight muscles the girl has from working so hard to eat, and doing all kinds of exercises and massage at home. And that's just for the tongue-tie and isn't even the beginning of getting my milk supply up or improving breastfeeding (yet), as those things are kind of backseat to getting the tongue-tie taken care of. I am so not looking forward to the surgery, but at least it's outpatient and fairly simple.

M is up to 8 lbs, 12 oz as of this morning. Wheeee!!! she's almost to 9 lbs! I'm so glad she's growing and filling out. She doesn't look like a twig-baby anymore and despite being petite for her age, she looks "normal" with her chubby cheeks and dimpled knees. Now if we can just get the constipation, reflux, and thrush all under control, she'd be fantastic! So many things to keep on top of. I totally see how my mom came up with her mantra of "if you've got kids, you've got paperwork" because there's always something!

Oh, I almost forgot, but my PPD is resolving and I should be able to come off of some of the medication in the next month or so. I am so grateful we paid attention and caught it early, as I can see, looking back, that I was just slogging through several weeks and now I feel more connected and interested, even though I'm still tired and learning the ropes of being a mom.

TTC- You moved? Hope you’re settling in ok, and having a good weekend. Glad Bella is well now, but your poor dog! Thanks, gummy really is a ball of joy… that’s a cute description! I like the crawling too, it is such a hoot to see the babies at daycare all interacting like little doggies. And they carry toys in their mouths too.

Wicky- I’m so glad that your PPD is resolving. It’s great that you knew what to look for, and got it treated early! And it’s good that the LC managed to find M’s tongue-tie. Hopefully the surgery will help her, even though it must break your heart to think of her going through that. I’m sorry that you’re having to go through so much to try to get BF to work. It is really such a minefield, I’ve found. It's so strange that something that is supposed to happen naturally is so difficult to do.
Hooray for M’s weight gain! You have done so much to ensure that she is happy and healthy!

Gummy is now pulling himself up to a kneeling position! He and the other 2 babies at daycare babble at each other and take toys from each other. It’s so cute :cloud9:

As for our home search, it has been so depressing looking at the meager offerings in our price range. Homes sell for huge amounts over asking, with multiple offers, and they aren’t even desirable. The only houses in our range are ugly fixers, or they are ridiculously tiny. And I’ve true fixers needing over $200k of work have multiple cash offers for over a million dollars. Sigh. But there is a little hope… we saw a decent house that didn’t need a huge amount of work done and we just made an offer. The neighbourhood is not the greatest, but that’s all we can hope for in this crazy market. There is some work to be done on the house, but it looks more like fun projects rather than “OMG, this house is ugly falling down and we have to knock everything down and start over”. And it has a nice big backyard for gummy!

Hi girls! No firewall blocking me (though I really should just behave at work anyway) so I'll be able to pop back on every now and then. So glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

Miki - I don't envy you trying to find a house in that area! I have a few friends that I actually met through BnB that live in your area and down in San Diego area and we talk about how horribly expensive it is. I can't imagine. And I live in a pricey part of NH! Gummy sounds like he's doing amazingly well - so adorable. I feel like the babies look like Mowgli from the Jungle Book when they first start crawling. There is a little boy at the boys' daycare that's bear crawling and it's adorable. We love taking our boys out with us wherever we go too - they are so chill and everyone loves them and comments on how good of boys they are. :) I'm a proud Mama!

TTC - glad you're feeling more settled now and B is healthy again! But poor pupper!

Wicky - SO happy to read that your PPD is healed! What a relief, I'm sure. And just remember - you're doing the absolute BEST you can with the dosages and everything. That's awesome that M is gaining some weight and cheeks! :)

ask - your nursery is gorgeous! Not long now, hang in there! I hope you're feeling well! I just had 2 friends have babies over 10lbs! I hope that doesn't happen to you :)

Ahhhh the baby illnesses!! We've had over a month of them now - started out with M getting an ear infection (I think I wrote about that one) the first week of July. Then he caught viral conjunctivitis the 3rd week of July before we went camping, which turned into a chest cold and double ear infection. Then he promptly shared all of that with his brother (except the ear infection). T now has a horrible cough still and albuteral (inhaler) isn't really working. Oh, and we found out that M is allergic to the -cillin family (amoxicillin, penicillin) so he was COVERED head to toe with red blotches and swelled a little bit. Poor bugger can't catch a break. And he was coughing and sneezing again in the middle of the night last night - I think he had 3 days reprieve from the end of the last cold and about 2 days off from the allergic reaction. Holy moly!!
Since he had 2 ear infections in the span of a month, he has a follow up this Wed to see if he needs tubes in his ears.

The boys are so aware of each other and everything now, it's SO FUN!! I absolutely love this age - Malcolm gives me the biggest response when I walk into a room and gazes lovingly at me from across the room. He's such a little charmer. Every time we have a friend over, he falls asleep on someone too and they think they now have the biggest bond with him. :blush: ummm....he's kind of a little player and does that with everyone! :haha:
Timothy is SUCH a clown, it's awesome. We are constantly laughing at both of them. His biggest thing is just blowing raspberries constantly, even when I put him back down in his crib at 2am. Every. Single. Breath. BBBBTTHHHHHPPPPPPP! Hysterical :rofl:
I think that's really it - no crawling yet, but getting closer. Oh, we are on solids now, a couple of times a day. Oat cereal and a slew of veggies and fruits and even some turkey/broth. T likes it all, M took a bit to get used to opening his mouth for the spoon and still avoids it for a few seconds and then gives in. Then makes the funniest face. We are still up multiple times a night, mostly b/c of T, so trying to get more food into him during the day so he sleeps longer at night. I think I'm learning how to give a bottle and have a surfaced sleep at the same time! #survivalskills

Terri - I see you lurking love! hope all is well!

Fabulous update, Wish! How great that is, having two babies at this super cute and fun age! You'd have to grow some extra arms and legs once they start crawling, though :haha:

Wow, what a crazy time you and your boys have been having with their illnesses. And poor M in particular, with all those ear infections and the allergy to cillins. I hope they both recover soon and give their mommy a break!

Yeah, the house prices here are crazy high. I felt defeated before I even started, when the agent told me that 800k gets a single family home fixer upper in Berkeley. But then I remind myself that 1 million doesn't even get you a condo in Singapore.

So... the sellers actually refused to counter our offer as they felt we were too low. We have a good agent who I trust to not let us give a ridiculously low offer, it was close enough to what the house should be worth. It really pisses me off that they wouldn't even want to counter. Their house has been languishing on the market with not much interest for over 2 months, which is highly unusual in an area where basically all homes sell within the first 2 weeks with multiple offers. It's in a sketchy neighborhood too. Urgh, we have already compromised so much and given up on so many "must haves", and yet we can't find a house to buy. Anyway, our agent told their agent that we were ready to buy, and to ask the sellers to give us the amount that they want to sell it for. As our offer will expire today, we'll have to put in a new offer.

Glad everyone seems to be doing fairly well.

Miki - I know house hunting can be a bear, but I'm actually looking forward to it. We aren't in a position to buy right now. We're hoping be in a better position in two years. We REALLY want a house of our own by the time Bella starts primary school.

Ask - just waiting for your baby update!

AFM - Bella has become a handful! She's a good girl, but she's so interested in getting into everything! Then, when you attempt to redirect her, she has a temper tantrum because she's both incapable of controlling her emotions and incapable of using her words. We love her to pieces but it's exhausting!

Hello, ladies! I am new-ish here. DH and I have been TTC #3 since May. We may have had an early miscarriage in May but there was no blood work so we are not sure (symptoms proceeding the late period were way out of the normal for my PMS). However, things seemed to get completely back on track for us a cycle after this. Now I am 6 days late off my normal cycle and 2 days late off that hiccup in May. I have received 2 BFNs (which is a big bummer). I do have a doctor's appointment for next Wednesday. And I have talked with my midwife, who has worked with me since before my 2nd was born, she told me to test every 2 days starting today until I get a period or go to the doctor. She knows that I am very regular and that if I get BFNs and there is no baby that something else is wrong.

Yes, I am hoping I am pregnant, but with 2 negative tests there is not much hope left. Has anyone else had something like this happen? What caused it (if you are willing to share)? TIA!!

Hi ladies - 39+4 and anxiously waiting for this little girly to make her debut! Next appt is Monday and if she hasn’t shown up by then my doctor will schedule an induction sometime this coming week...meaning we will most likely have a baby by next weekend! I was not dilated at all this past Wednesday but i know that can change quickly. Cross your fingers for me that she comes on her own very soon and if not that I have an easy induction and delivery!

Wish - I love all of the baby stories! Such a fun and adorable age!

Wicky - Glad to hear you are feeling better and things are on the up and up!

Miki - that is very frustrating that the sellers wouldn’t even counter...probably why they aren’t selling as quickly as the other houses in the area. Too bad! I hope you find what you are looking for.

TTC - Bella sounds like she is giving you a run for your money! Good thing she’s so cute, right? ;)

Welcome Mamadragon! I had several chemical pregnancies...I’d get earlyish (9-10dpo) bfps that would fade over a few days and then AF would show. So frustrating and upsetting. I hope you get your bfp soon!

TTC- So true, house hunting can be so tough. It’s good that you can wait; I hope that you get that home you want for Bella to grow up in! We unfortunately had to jump in immediately because the market here will only continue to go up like crazy, and the inventory is dismal. They just don’t have enough houses for the people who want to live here.
Poor Bella, it must be so tough to not be able to communicate her frustration! I’m not looking forward to gummy reaching that age, it already is starting to get harder these days when he gets so whiney due to his frustrations.

Welcome, MamaDragon! I don’t have an answer for you, but I hope your doctor’s appointment goes ok.

Yay, happy to hear from you, Ask! It’s such an exciting time for you! I’m crossing my fingers for you that you will have an easy induction and delivery. Yeah, we were so frustrated, considering their home has been on the market so long with almost no interest. But there is a happy ending…

…We bought a house!! In an area of Berkeley that we like, just a couple of blocks from daycare. The sellers of that house in the sketchy neighborhood really played games with us, refusing to counter and then saying they would take x amount and they would sign… And then when we put in our offer for x, they didn’t sign, and (when pressed) they said they needed until Saturday (it was Tuesday then) to sign. The bogus reason was that they wanted to make modifications to the house :wacko: I decided to grieve the loss right away, then immediately move on, plus I changed my outlook. I realized that I was willing to pay quite a bit for a house that had a lot of flaws, so why not raise my budget a tad?

So this house came on the market on Thursday morning and we viewed it at noon. By the next day, we had put in an offer. In Berkeley, they usually set an offer date after the open house, but we wanted to put in a pre-emptive offer that was hard for the seller to refuse. Offers here all have to come with a letter to the seller, so I wrote a heartfelt one. Turns out that the seller was touched by my letter and, along with the amount we offered, it got us the house before the open house on Saturday! This house has an amazing landscaped garden with a beautiful stone paved patio. Gummy can ride his tricycle there when he gets old enough. I love gardening, and had to put that hobby on hold while I lived in apartments for 17 years! The house has a lot of Berkeley charm, and there is a refurbished antique stove in the kitchen. We didn’t want cookie cutter, and this house is definitely charming and special. It’s small, but the unfinished above-ground basement is as large as the floor above. We plan to finish it over time, gaining us almost twice the square footage. And we love the neighborhood! We got so much more for just a bit more money than the house we “lost” :wohoo:

Yay Miki!

Welcome mamadragon. Update us after your appointment please!

Congrats on the house, Miki! It sounds wonderful! And with room to expand - that’s great! I love Berkeley...one of my best friends lived there for several years and it was such a cool place to visit. I love gardening too but never put much time into it when I was renting...the house that DH and I bought about a year and a half ago is really the first time I’ve really gotten to invest in it. I planted sunflowers for the first time this year (well actually I planted them last year too but failed as they all got dug up and eaten) and they’ve recently started blooming. I say they are for our baby girl. :)

Ask,
I know I've been a stranger but your nursery is gorgeous and I'm so happy for you. I was sticking around until you had your baby girl so good luck this week. I'm sure you'll be ready in a blink of an eye.

Congrats Miki on the new house and you too TTC.

Wish, congrats on the new gig. How is your new sales role coming along? I had a brain day on the company name. Hee hee.

Funyun may have Lupus for dogs. All his nails broke and separated from the quick. He's been wearing a cone for over a month but he has grown attached to it and is in much better spirits after going to the vet. He is still on pain meds but he's a good boy and such a trooper. We get the results in a week or so and I'm hoping it's only fungus but I really doubt it. I'm working hard as usual but trying to squeeze some fun in here and there. Love you all.

oh no, Terri - what does that mean for Fun if it is Lupus? Can he live with it? Attached to his cone, that's adorably sad. Poor guy - please keep us posted. How's the rest of life? How's your SIL and the kids?
The new job is great - I mean, the job is fine but being back here is awesome. I can work from home 4 days a week (only required to be in on Wed) but I think I'll come in T, W, Th b/c I signed back up at the gym here. I already understand about 90% of what everyone is talking about so there's very little ramp up time for me, except on the tools we use for certain things. That'll come, I'm not worried about it.
The Arbonne sales gig is going really well - I'm starting to have fun with it. I sponsored my first consultant under me - one of my lifelong friends who gave it a 'why not?' one day. I have another friend who wants to join as well who is just waiting to finish up nursing school before she takes anything else on. I really do hope to grow my biz. I really enjoy educating people on the products and helping people live a healthier, cleaner life through what they put into AND onto their bodies!! Seriously, what could be bad about that?? And maybe someday this will take off to the point where I can quit my full time job and do that for 20 hrs a week instead! :thumbup:

miki - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :happydance: I'm so happy that you had a change of heart that lead you to what you wanted! Gummy will be so happy there. Gosh, I'm really so, so happy for you guys.
How are things going with your mom? Any plans for them to come visit again?

ttc - oy, I don't look forward to trying to wrangle 2 boys that can't communicate!!

ask - good luck this week!!! I hope you are already holding baby girl in your arms but if not, best wishes for a safe and quick delivery! Cannot wait to see pics of the little angel!

mamadragon - welcome! I haven't gone through that experience but I hope the best for you and that nothing is really 'wrong'. Please keep us posted!

wicky - hi! :wave:

afm - my own updates above but the boys are doing awesome! They both have 2 teeth now - all of them sprouted within a week of each other! But teething has been a little rough on Timothy. You wouldn't even know that Malcolm was going through it either. He's a champ! M also sat up on his own from his belly the other night - he was so proud of himself. I was clapping and cheering and he was just beaming. :) He also started babbling like crazy but it's all 'dadadadada' :grr: I know that's just easier to say than 'mama' so we'll get there! I think that's really it! They are both fairly healthy for now - T still sounds a little congested and has to have his inhaler every now and then. FX it stays this way for a bit.
We are going to Old Orchard Beach this weekend for a family reunion of sorts with DH's extended family. Should be fun! Most of them haven't met the boys so it'll be great to show them off and have them meet their great aunts and uncles.

Ask- Thanks, we love Berkeley too! How sweet, sunflowers for your baby girl :cloud9: I can't wait for you to meet her!

Terri- Thanks, and great to hear from you! Poor Funyun, that sounds so painful. I'm crossing my fingers that it's just fungus or somesuch.

Wish- I just knew you'd do famously with your Arbonne sales gig! And I'm so happy that you're doing so well in your "new" job. How nice that you could conceivably work from home, that would be a great help with juggling work and your boys. Aw, they have two teeth now. I presume they're the bottom ones? Gummy looked so adorable with his two teeth. He now has 4!
Thanks, we're so happy we got this house. It really is a house for gummy to grow up in. Things are fine with my mom, thanks for asking. As long as she's far away, it's all good. She just told me that they can't make it this Christmas, but they should be here sometime next year. Helps that my dad used to be a commercial pilot, so they can travel quite easily.

AFM- After all that great news about the house, I was hit by some awful news. One of the 3 babies at daycare is leaving. This is because the daycare lady closes the daycare too often, and with no notice. We literally get a text in the morning just before we step out the door. Since April, daycare has been closed 10 times. DH and I managed to convince our bosses to let us work half the day when it happens, and we tag team. But it is awful. That is why the other baby is now going to another daycare. We love this daycare and the two carers are so loving and attentive towards the babies. The setting is wonderful and gummy is blossoming there.

But every time we get the text in the morning it ruins our day, and I have started to worry about my job performance. We are also worried that she may suddenly close the daycare, since there are now only 2 babies left. We are having to think about moving gummy if it continues down this road, and it makes me so sad. It was so perfect before with the 3 babies and 2 great carers, and I would feel good at work when I thought of gummy at daycare. Now I feel utterly depressed when I think of him over there, because I don't know what the future holds. I found out yesterday that the baby was leaving, and I felt tearful all of yesterday. Poor gummy :cry:

DH and I plan to talk to the daycare lady about this, but it's so tough. How to broach the subject when she's the one taking such good care of our baby? I had dreams before of gummy staying there until he was 2 (the age limit there), and possible gummy #2 also going to this daycare. Now we might have to find another daycare if things don't go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"