BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Awww Ask! She’s such a beauty!

AFM - I took Bella for her 18 month checkup Friday and was told that she’s already communicating at a 2 year old level. Going to have a little talker on our hands!

Ask, she's beautiful! Congratulations, mama! I'm sorry to hear it was a rough start for you two, but glad things are okay now. I hope you can just enjoy holding your baby girl close now! :cloud9:

ask, she's completely gorgeous! Congratulations!! I'm really sorry that everything was so rough in the beginning but looks like everything cleared in a week! that's awesome!! Those little lips - I know what you mean about just being SO over the moon. Hard to find the words.

miki - ugh, such stressors but hopefully things will be all good again soon! That's great that someone's laziness came back to bite them! HA!
My daycare ladies said the other day that the boys were starting to look more like little boys than babies :cry: I jokingly corrected them and said 'noooo, you mean they look like babies and they WILL continue to for 5 years, right???' That's not really what I want but you know what I mean. It's going so quickly! We're already just about a week away from EIGHT MONTHS!

I know what you mean, Wish. Bella is learning to talk and while I love it, I miss my baby too. One of her friends walked up to her yesterday and kissed her and said “By Belby!” I assume Belby is how a 2 year old pronounces Bellamy!

omigosh, TTC, that's precious!! what a cute nickname that would be! <3

So adorable, TTC! It helps to know there are really cute things to look forward to in toddlerhood, as I know I am going to miss babyhood.

I'll update hopefully this weekend about M's tongue tie procedure, etc. Spoiler alert - it went well!

TTC- That's awesome! Little talker Bella! That story about her friend is just too cute.

Wicky- How wonderful that M's tongue tie procedure went well! I hope she recovers quickly, and isn't in too much discomfort.

Wish- Yeah, it's been so stressful, but at least we got the keys to the house today! Supposed to have been yesterday, but we had to be home to show our current rental to prospective tenants. So far, the two groups of people are super interested and are putting in their applications. We've got three groups coming in today. I hope our place gets rented out soon, we're moving out on the 21st!
Hehe, my daycare ladies also were saying that about gummy. I too wanted to wish that he remained an adorable baby, but I remembered how I wished my kitten stayed that way and she never quite grew up. She's almost 13 but is very small and kittenish (size and playful attitude). So not sure I want to wish that on gummy!

good morning! how is everyone doing this fine Monday? how was everyone's weekend?

miki - congrats on keys!! sounds like everything went really quickly for you, that's awesome! Did you find some new tenants over the weekend?

ttc - I totally skipped over the talking - 18 mos talking at a 2 yr level? Yep, little Miss Chatty Cathy on your hands!! Or Babbling Bellamy! :haha:

wicky - that's awesome the procedure went well! Can't wait to hear all about it and what M has been able to finally do!!

ask - hope you're doing so well with little Bea! <3

spud - anything new on the UK/NZ moves?

afm - it's chilly here today but that's ok. i'm enjoying wearing my hoodies, sweats and socks! Football season is upon us and I'm in 3 FF leagues this year! Terri if you're watching...:shock:
The boys are awesome. DH actually had them by himself Sat day and overnight while I went on a girls trip with a few friends up north for the night. Was so fun. I wish I could say that I slept like a dream without having to get up for the kids but it seems like that will be a habit that will need to be broken. Plus I was on a pull-out couch and knew I had an alarm to get up to so I couldn't fully relax. Oh well. Got a mani, we went in the hotel's hot tub and pool and had the place basically to ourselves. Drinks at one of the fanciest hotels in New England (a different one from where we were at), dinner at a gorgeous BnB, and generally just hung out and laughed a lot! It was so refreshing and needed!
The boys are just about crawling!! T does planks and gets on his knees and starts to rock back and forth, but then the knees slide out and he's on his belly again. M can get on his knees but travels backwards still. Less babbling lately.
I'm feeling like we should be graduating to more things for them to eat and try out but I'm kinda stuck at which direction to go in. Thoughts are welcome!!
Here's what we've done:
cereal
mashed banana in the cereal (I've been trying not to mash up as much so there are chunks they can work through)
pureed fruits and veggies that I've made
pureed fruits/veggies/oats that come in the squeeze packets - so VERY smooth, no chunks
pureed veggies with chicken that they didn't like the flavor of
teething wafers

I was thinking of maybe making pasta tonight and overcooking some of it for them.

Wow, how nice that you managed a trip with your friends, Wish! Isn't it funny how hard it is for us not to wake up? DH has no problem sleeping through the morning, even though he's such a hands on dad. How did the overcooked pasta go?

Thanks, everything went very quickly after we had our offer accepted. The seller offered to meet us this weekend to show us how things work and answer any questions about the house. He was really lovely and helpful, and so happy that we got the house. He said that he really loved the letter, and was so thrilled that gummy was going to grow up there. The house is old and small (luckily with lots of room to expand), but it really is a lovely home.

Our apartment has been rented out, and we move on the 21st. We haven't started packing at all! We have no time at all during the week, so I've no idea how we're going to finish packing.

Gummy went for his first swim lesson on Saturday. He looked kind of unimpressed, and he didn't kick his legs when I held him on his back in the water. He was held in the same position in my parents' pool when he was 6 months old, and he kicked his legs then. No idea why he was so stiff this time, but maybe all the people around just took up all his attention!

that's great, miki!! I have no idea how you're going to do it all either!! GOOD LUCK! so exciting! How's the daycare situation going?

I didn't end up doing the overcooked pasta. I read something where it says they are good on what they have right now as far as consistency/thickness. I'll just keep trying lumpy bananas but I think gagging on one made Malcolm vomit this morning. Or he REALLY didn't like the apple/beet/blueberry combo in the cereal! :shrug:

We got great news yesterday - Timothy's flat spot measurement is way down, his neck strength is the same on both sides now and he doesn't need a helmet!! He's come such a long way, I'm so happy. Sleeping on his belly and getting ready to crawl have really helped, plus we've been doing strength exercises with him to build up his right side. Everyone worked! The PT couldn't have been more pleased.

I hope you're all well!

Wish - yay for Timothy!

Miki - first swim lesson?! I love those early swimming lessons. I haven’t done it yet, but it’s overdo.

I'd love to get the boys into swim lessons soon - the thought of them being anywhere near a pool without skills scares me to death. What am I saying, everything scares me to death now!! :haha:

TTC - great temp chart this month!!! FX'd!!

Fx, TTC! Yeah, the swim lesson was so much fun! But this week's was cancelled due to mechanical problems in the pool :cry: I was so looking forward to it. It worked out well, though, because I'm supposed to be packing like crazy. DH and I are procrastinating at the moment and watching F1.

Wish- That's so great that Timothy made so much progress! What a trooper! Your hard work paid off, I'm so happy for you. Daycare is going ok, thanks for asking. It will always be a tad stressful, but the last couple of times she had some ailment, she just shifted the daycare hours to 9-5 and had her assistant take over. I hope she continues to try to keep it open, and if she returns to her old ways, I plan to have another discussion with her.

Argh, we've barely packed, and we only have this afternoon to try to finish up! Plus I have a pretty bad cold at the moment. I hope this is one of the last times we move, as this is the 20th (literally, I counted) time I've moved since I first got here in 1990. 3 of the moves were international, between Singapore and the US. It has never gotten easier, and I'm tired of it!

TTC - what's the result??? I can't open your chart closer for some reason!

miki - did you get packed up??

BFNs sofar. 10 DPO. Weird. I’ve never gone triphasic. I know that isn’t definitive but it’s compelling.

Does anyone else see it?!

Attachments

• 0657EBD1-9AF2-4A45-B743-6BDAA7E4D2B8.jpg
    0657EBD1-9AF2-4A45-B743-6BDAA7E4D2B8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
I want to see something, but I'm not sure if I do! I'll be looking out for your next test!

Not yet, still loads left to pack, Wish! Packing the kitchen was tons easier this time, though. We move on Friday! Hopefully this is one of our last moves, at least for a long while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->