BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Yay! :wohoo: I'm so happy for you, Mum! What a lovely sight that must have been, seeing that little heart beating away. I hope you're feeling much better now, despite all the discomforts of your pregnancy!

mum - oh how wonderful!!! gosh that just took me back!! I'm so happy for you!!

Rachael - acu is great to do once a week throughout your cycle. They hit different pressure points depending on where you are in your cycle. that's good you can charge it back too! Just tell them you're going in for fertility help and they'll work with you. Make sure they give you what I like to call 'the money spot' too - right inside the ear on the flat cartilage. You'll have a NICE nap! :) ahhhh I miss acupuncture! :haha:

mum - oh how wonderful!!! gosh that just took me back!! I'm so happy for you!!

Rachael - acu is great to do once a week throughout your cycle. They hit different pressure points depending on where you are in your cycle. that's good you can charge it back too! Just tell them you're going in for fertility help and they'll work with you. Make sure they give you what I like to call 'the money spot' too - right inside the ear on the flat cartilage. You'll have a NICE nap! :) ahhhh I miss acupuncture! :haha:
I will see what I can sort out. There is a limit on how much I can be reimbursed so will check and see how many sessions I can do

Saw our little bean today, measuring perfect and with a good heartbeat! I'm 8+1 weeks today, not sure what he should have looked like, but he looked a lot like a kidney bean. I was disappointed we couldn't see anything more, but I think we got a pic with little leg protrusions. Unfortunately, I had cramping and a little bleeding later in the day. I freaked out and called the clinic, and the RE said he wasn't worried, and that this can happen to a pregnant woman after a transvaginal scan. Still can't breathe easy, but I'll try to relax.

Rachael- I managed to act "normal" in front of my boss that time. I secretly ate Ricola candy, which helped a little. I managed to survive the 3.5 hours! I hope you can get some acu done, I liked it a lot too, plus it's possible it helps.

Wish- Yes, I always look forward to reading about your boys' antics! Oh yes, the food throwing. I never know what to do. He doesn't do it a lot, so it takes me by surprise when he suddenly laughs and throws a piece of food.
Yup, I did tell my boss at around the 8 week mark the last time, and I will have to let him know real soon. I feel like I'm seasick and have a bad flu all day long. The exhaustion is terrible. The nausea is bad, even the saltines are not really helping. The thought of any food makes me ill, but I force myself to snack and to eat well during meals. I have a gross taste in my mouth almost all the time, and food tastes strange. Sometimes I can't taste salt, and sometimes everything is really salty. I normally eat super spicy hot food, but now I can't taste the spice! I add so much hot sauce and still can't taste it. And I can't eat the same thing two days in a row, I feel like gagging the next time I see the food!

Mum- Lovely scan pics! How amazing that you managed to get those done with a Groupon! How are you feeling? I hope you're managing better than I am with your nausea.

Saw our little bean today, measuring perfect and with a good heartbeat! I'm 8+1 weeks today, not sure what he should have looked like, but he looked a lot like a kidney bean. I was disappointed we couldn't see anything more, but I think we got a pic with little leg protrusions. Unfortunately, I had cramping and a little bleeding later in the day. I freaked out and called the clinic, and the RE said he wasn't worried, and that this can happen to a pregnant woman after a transvaginal scan. Still can't breathe easy, but I'll try to relax.

Rachael- I managed to act "normal" in front of my boss that time. I secretly ate Ricola candy, which helped a little. I managed to survive the 3.5 hours! I hope you can get some acu done, I liked it a lot too, plus it's possible it helps.

Wish- Yes, I always look forward to reading about your boys' antics! Oh yes, the food throwing. I never know what to do. He doesn't do it a lot, so it takes me by surprise when he suddenly laughs and throws a piece of food.
Yup, I did tell my boss at around the 8 week mark the last time, and I will have to let him know real soon. I feel like I'm seasick and have a bad flu all day long. The exhaustion is terrible. The nausea is bad, even the saltines are not really helping. The thought of any food makes me ill, but I force myself to snack and to eat well during meals. I have a gross taste in my mouth almost all the time, and food tastes strange. Sometimes I can't taste salt, and sometimes everything is really salty. I normally eat super spicy hot food, but now I can't taste the spice! I add so much hot sauce and still can't taste it. And I can't eat the same thing two days in a row, I feel like gagging the next time I see the food!

Mum- Lovely scan pics! How amazing that you managed to get those done with a Groupon! How are you feeling? I hope you're managing better than I am with your nausea.
I'm pleased the scan went well!

I'm on CD6, waiting to O. That could be anywhere from CD14 -CD22 :dohh:

Definitely going to look at acupuncture, though probably not this cycle with it being the school holidays

hooray for a good scan, miki!!! little bean is nice and settled in - a little transvag exam isn't going to knock him loose! :) Hang in there! Your morning/all day sickness sounds awful. I no longer wish this on you!! :haha: I would be the biggest baby if I had that. 8 weeks too!! Where did 6 and 7 go?? Are you on any progesterone?

Ugh the food throwing. Bane of my current existence. The boys had their 18m appt yesterday and all went very well. So we asked some 'How to Deal with Toddler' questions and he said for that kind of stuff, they understand the word 'No' but don't know the consequences yet. So all you do is remove the food from them. So they associate that throwing it means they don't get it. Same with tantrums, since Timothy can throw some doozies. He said just walk away (after making sure they are in a safe space). If they bite (the boys sometimes play bite now), put them down and walk away. They don't get to be with you if they throw tantrums/bite/hit, etc. And you're not to engage with them, even if it lasts a half hour (I specifically asked about this timeframe b/c Timothy threw one that lasted this long a few weeks ago - I go 'but sometimes they can last...' and the Dr finished my sentence with '...a half hour?') So A) it's not uncommon and B), yes, hold your ground. Ugh!! I feel like our next couple of years is going to be all about the word 'No' when all I want to do is say Yes! But that will make for some spoiled, not well adjusted little people if they always hear Yes.

Speaking of eating nutritiously and well, I feel like I should start eating as if I'm pregnant! I don't eat terribly but I could do better. I'm going to really try to start having my shakes for breakfast more. But my coffee shop around the corner makes SUCH GOOD breakfast bagel sandwiches!! :haha:

Rachael - good luck in the upcoming days!! :sex:

wanting - where are you in your cycle?

mum - how are you feeling?

wicky - what's new with you, darlin?

Thanks, Rachael! I hope this is your cycle!

Wish- Thanks, beanie is still causing me loads of worry, but your words are comforting to me! I got to stop the progesterone injections last night, which was great, but I still have the vag pills twice a day for another week. Weaning off the estrogen patches now too. Yay!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the throwing and the tantrums. It kind of comforts me to know that Kai’s going through normal stuff for his age! He’s just so cheeky and loves to test boundaries, all the while looking at you with a really happy face. He started play biting a long long time ago, approaching us (especially me) with a big laughing open mouth. He manages to pretend it’s a kiss when I sound displeased. He just says “Muak!” enthusiastically as his mouth makes contact. Sigh. The walking away thing works on him, though. He looks sad when I place him down and walk away. It’s tough making them sad, but I feel like it’s like training a little puppy dog, it’s a good thing for them in the long run.
Hope you have success eating healthy! I’m terrible and have no willpower, but I really have to do it as I’m no spring chicken! Plus what kind of model would I be for Kai?

So I did a stupid thing and used a home Doppler the day of the scan. To my surprise I found the heartbeat pretty quickly (at 8+1 weeks, I thought it was way too early), so I thought I’d try it again the next day for reassurance as I still had some spotting. Well, I think I tried for maybe half hour to no avail. It really scared me. Luckily I managed to set up my first prenatal appointment at my HMO for the next day. So yesterday I saw beanie again, and the doc measured the heartbeat. I was so relieved until afterwards, when I realized that I didn’t really check to see if the heartbeat was what she said it was. I just saw the waveform and heard the sound and was so relieved that I didn’t notice anything else. And then I had some bleeding this morning. I’m trying to tell myself it’s from the scan once again, but it’s hard staying positive. I feel so up and down, I wish that I could remain positive! I think it’s the bloating/crampiness/queasiness/hormones all playing tricks on me. Anyway, I learned my lesson and am not touching that Doppler for a long while to come!

Anyone else have updates? TTC? Wicky? Mum? Wanting? I hope you are all doing ok...

oh noooo - yeah, the home doppler will be fun for when the baby is bigger. You're a non-professional trying to find the heartbeat of something the size of...what's 8 weeks? a sesame seed? a raisin? and getting freaked out the longer it takes to find it. Miss Miki - please try to relaxxxxxxx :) Easier said than done, I know it. The bleeds are so slight and remember - your body is stretching out all over again and you're very... i forget the word but very full of blood inside there right now! A little will come out every now and then.
We are so scarred from our TTC travels, aren't we? I know I'd be the exact same way if I were pregnant again. I just want to give you a huge hug and say it'll all be ok. :hugs:

Congrats on stopping the progesterone and working your way off of everything else!! Almost there! I remember I had to hold back tears when i was told I could stop the PIO! Damn those giant needles! But they helped so I love them all the same.

Ugh the food - I sit here in my coffee shop having just finished one of those delectable bagel sandwiches. BUT, this is the first time I've been here this week. I came 3x last week so I'm getting better! Though I also had pizza AND McD's this week! McD's was the first time in about a year, so I'll give myself a pass. I hardly have any willpower either!! I also had labs done this week and my cholesterol is awesome, so I know I'm good. I just want to lose a couple lbs. I think it's this dang IUD too giving me some extra cushion. AND breaking out my chin over and over again. I think I should make an appt and get it out. But it is nice not having AF. But I really do think I just want my body to be hormone free for hopefully the rest of my life.

I took the boys to the beach for the first time (well, first time they were aware) on Wed and they had a ball! There were a whole lot of 'ALL DONE!!'s when the water would hit their feet from a wave but then they'd squeal and laugh. They loved running after seagulls, or just running in the open sand so free. I loooooved it but of course I couldn't let them just RUN b/c the further they got from me, the more they'd spread out and it's tough to wrangle both!! DH wasn't with me, i was with my friend who has her own son but he's a little older (almost 6) so she helped me a bit. But the boys played in the sand, ate their snacks, T even asked to sit in the stroller a couple of times to chill out. I loved it so much I started looking up houses for sale out there. Oh, they are about double the price of ours soooooo that's not happening anytime soon!! Maybe someday, though DH was saying he thinks he'd rather live on a lake. I love the ocean so much but I guess I'd settle for a lake. ;) :haha:

Thank you. I know. Pretty cool huh.
I’m ok just tired. The nausea isn’t so bad atm thankfully.
9 weeks today and got my booking appointment on Monday. Pretty bored atm as I refuse to go out with these 4 kids as 2 of them refuse to get along properly. It’s going to be a long school holiday!

We told the kids after the successful scan. Now it’s all I hear!!!! Bless them. I think they’re excited!!

I’m ok thank you. I’m on cd6 after a really brutal AF very clotty after the loss. I’m done with these losses it’s so infuriating it’s all I expect even when I am pregnant. I had a dream last night that I was 5 months pregnant and I could hear the heart beat on the Doppler. The sachets I am are so expensive, I’ll maybe try it 2 more months then go back on maca and thinking of trying natural progesterone cream one more month. I don’t know whether to try hubby on q-10 or ubiquonal (so expensive but we are older) I thought having babies was suppose to be easy!!!!

Hi ladies, just stopping by to say hello. It's been sooooo long! Wish your boys are 18 months!! Wow! Lily is turning 3 in September. Lost her Grandmother, my Mom in June to cervical cancer. I'm going for my pap test next week. Haven't went for ages. Remember to get checked ladies. Love to all

ugh wanting - I'm so sorry. I hope things work for you quickly. Yeah, I had the very same thought when we started trying way back when - why isn't this as easy as others make it look?? especially my cousin - she'd look at her husband/bf and get pregnant. I spent most of my life trying NOT to get pregnant, little did I know what needed to align for it to happen!

lee! so glad you popped in. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom :cry: - I'm glad you're getting checked. How are you holding up? Does Lily understand anything?

mum - oh that's so wonderful the kids are so excited! I'm excited for your upcoming appt too - I love hearing all the stats, if you don't mind sharing. I'm living vicariously through you and miki now! :haha:

i hope everyone has a good week. I'm going to be busy but I'll try to pop in. We are going to the Maine coast this weekend for a long weekend and I can't WAIT. This is basically our only 'vacation' this year besides our quick trip to Vegas. I hope the boys like it - DH is already anxiety ridden and expecting them to not have fun or be bored easily. I'm thinking they'll be fine with the beach, the pool, and we'll bring toys, and we'll go for walks. Everything is around 5 eating times and naps anyway, there's not a ton of FREE time. I think we'll be good. But I also tend to romanticize some things in my head too so we'll see.

@Wish2BMom I don’t mind at all.

Nothing much to share this time though. I’ve been put as high risk of blood clot as have 3 children, still smoking although been referred to quit which I do want to and because I’m now 40 so they would, if I wanted, induce me at 40 weeks or I can go ahead with my home birth although it would be classed as going against advice and will be offered fragmin injections from 28 weeks. I will be under consultant care and will see the consultant after my 20 week scan where they will decide if I stay under the consultant or not. Blood results came back today and were all normal. Just urine to come back although the dip test was fine and blood pressure was fine too. Will see how it ends up...

Wish- You’re right, the Doppler would have been fun for later on, and definitely not recommended for early pregnancy! Thanks, I am trying to be relaxed about things now. Our TTC journey is hard, but the reward at the end is so amazing!
At least you avoid McD’s and its ilk! You’re so healthy compared to me. I eat tons, and just eat what I feel like eating, and unfortunately it’s almost never healthy. I basically didn’t eat vegetables when I was in my 20s and 30s. So I think you deserve a pat on your back for your relatively healthy eating, and keep up the good work!
Oh your boys day at the beach sounds so fun and cute! We have to get Kai out to the ocean, the last time he was there was when he was only 7 months old! DH and I both grew up on islands, so we love the ocean. I hope Kai will love the ocean too. I bet you and your family will enjoy your little vacation so much. I don’t know if toddlers can actually be bored, I think your DH will find out he was worrying for nothing. I bet your boys will have so much fun!

Wanting- I’m sorry it’s so hard for you right now. TTC is so hard for some and seemingly so easy for others. I wish it could be easy for all. I hope that you get your BFP really soon, and not have to spend so much on the supplements!

Lee- I’m sorry for your loss. Thanks for popping by, and how wonderful that your little girl is turning 3!

Mum- It’s wonderful that your kids are so happy! I wonder when Kai would be old enough to understand.
I was going to say that I too had less nausea and was feeling better, but the past couple of days were suddenly really bad again. DH insisted that I stay home today as I was so exhausted yesterday that I could barely think or talk.
I’m glad that your blood work came back normal and you are good and healthy! I hope that you don’t experience any blood clots… I guess they told you what to look out for, just in case?

AFM- nothing much on my end as I’m just waiting for the next appointment in about 2 weeks time. I struggle at work now as I can’t think and I move very slowly in the lab, due to exhaustion and nausea and gastro issues. At home, DH has taken over everything and cooks for all of us now. I feel like a lazy slug. I hope that I feel better soon! Oh, and I signed Kai up for swim class which starts in 3 weeks. DH thinks I won’t be able to go, but I’m hoping that I’m much better by then!

yeah DH is SUCH a worry wart - I feel like it's so limiting sometimes. I have to handle his anxiety about these things and it's not easy. I think that's been the hardest part of parenting - parenting TOGETHER, when you're not on the same page.

mum - i'm glad to hear all tests are coming back normal and you're healthy! I hope you reach your goal of quitting smoking - I know it's hard. It'll make things that much less risky for you! Any upcoming plans with your family before the summer ends?

wanting - how are you doing? gearing up to O soon, i'd think?

miki - oh girl, you're being put through the ringer! I remember the days of not making any sense. I never felt the sheer exhaustion, I don't think, but I could not make my way through a full movie without falling asleep. Did you end up telling your boss? Your DH is a gem - always stepping up! I love it! I hope you'll be better in 3 weeks too - the swim classes are really something to look forward to! What time does Kai go to bed at night? Do you follow right after him or are you able to get some down time/no-thinking time after that?

afm - nothing different than the other day! regular old adulting stuffs - got some new appliances delivered yesterday but of COURSE the store didn't contact the installation company. So now we have a stove that doesn't work and a dishwasher in a box in the kitchen. Course the kids loved it - something new to run around and hide behind. Hopefully that will all be taken care of before we leave this weekend. Supposed to have friends come over tonight who we don't see nearly enough, and they also have their own land/hardscaping company so they are going to give us ideas on our front mulch beds. I want to rip out the shrubbery and start over b/c everything is pretty overgrown. And then I have a girls night/wine tasting night at a neighbor's house tomorrow! Busy Busy Busy!!
The boys are great - our daycare went digital this week so we get updates on an app now, throughout the day. They load pics of what the boys are doing, videos, and this is where we get all of their diaper/food/nap updates too. No more having to fill out a paper every morning for them!
Malcolm had a chunk of gunk in his eye this morning and I noticed last night it was a little red on the inner skin, so we'll see if he gets sent home today for The Junk. Hopefully not but I should probably get back to work quickly so I get as much done as possible if he does!

So we both have worry wart DHs, Wish! I’m pretty relaxed, but worry and read up about his general development. DH doesn’t worry so much about his development, but worries about everything else! He worries about germs, Kai falling, illness, etc. He gets so anxious and he thinks I don’t care enough. If not for me, we probably would never have gone on trips with Kai. I think that Kai would have been wrapped in cotton wool and living in a bubble! DH is great for looking after us, but he can be very intense and anxious. Yeah, it’s so hard to parent together when we’re not on the same page.

Thanks for your sympathetic words, I needed to hear those! I just feel so bad physically and mentally, and to make things worse, I bled again this evening. I couldn’t relax afterwards, I was so scared. I don’t know why this keeps happening, and it makes it even more worrisome that I feel uncomfortable and crampy right now. The RE could only try to make me feel better over the phone, and all I can do is try to take it easy and just wait. I do need more rest, I think. Kai usually falls asleep around 7:30-8:00pm, but I don’t go to bed until 11:30. I guess I should try to go to bed earlier.

Your regular day sounds great! And all that socializing, awesome! I can’t imagine socializing while feeling like I do now, but I’ll just do that vicariously through you. Wow, we don’t get diaper or food updates, we just get nap updates online. That’s the most important thing to us, so I don’t mind the lack of other updates. They don’t do daily pics/videos, but they do post enough of them to keep me happy. I hope Malcolm’s eye is fine now and he didn’t get sent home today!

Ugh, I really hope the rest of the night goes ok. I’ve been a ball of stress and really afraid to use the bathroom!

How was everyone's weekend? How did your vacation go, Wish? I'm sure the boys had a blast!

I managed to get a reassurance scan done on Friday afternoon, and there was the little bean jumping away, with a good heartbeat. That was such a huge relief, but I don't think I can ever feel calm when I have these bleeding episodes!

My weekend was not exactly relaxed, as Kai had some sort of respiratory issue on Saturday morning. Spent the morning at the doctor's using the nebulizer on him and trying to get his breathing back under control. It was triggered by a cold he was having. So Saturday was stressful, and then DH and I realized on Sunday that we'd caught Kai's cold. I'm just recovering from some sort of stomach bug, and now this!

Miki and wish, thank you.

They haven’t really told me anything yet but suspect they will. I have an appointment with the quit smoking team early September. I had previously quit for 10 years. God knows why I even started again... I’ll quit again. I have to. We’re just finishing up a family holiday, going home today. The sciatica has been lousy all week and suddenly last night it eased a bit. This morning it doesn’t seem anywhere near as bad... yet!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->