BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Wish- Thanks so much for your good thoughts and for checking in! The scan went great, it was such a relief! Everything measured correct for the date, and the heartbeat was 119. Not sure where the bleed came from, but I'm just relieved that I saw little embie all snug in there. Being positive made everything so much better, I'll try to stay positive before the next scan in 2 weeks time! At least looking after Kai does make the time pass fast. Haha, you sound as greedy as I am! It was actually depressing for me to not be interested in food for so long.
I love reading your updates about your boys, they sound so adorable! And they're already being polite and sharing too, how sweet. Kai doesn't seem very good at that yet. And until recently he had no concept of what "gentle" meant. Before then, the poor cats were the daily victims of his enthusiastic smashing!

Mum- How are you feeling? I hope your sciatica is much better or non-existent by now! Any food cravings or aversions? I'm now constantly feeling nauseated, which was strangely comforting before my scan.

Gemma- Have you tested again?

Wanting- I'm so sorry for your losses and difficult journey. Yet you manage to sound upbeat, that's so admirable. I hope that you get your sticky bean really soon!

WHEWWWWWWW!!! I'm SO relieved for you!!! YAY little embie!! :happydance: omigoodness - this is the first place I came when I logged in this morning!! well, after I checked emails to assess my day, of course! :) So what measurement are you now/where are you? 6 weeks? I can't wait for your next scan!

Oh girl - "gentle". Boy oh boy. Timothy gets all riled up and wants to tug at Malcolm, hit, push, pull hair but it looks like he's actually trying to play but play HARD!! So I have to stop him and I gently stroke his arm and say 'gentle....loooooove....no hits'. He goes into some trance b/c he loves how it feels and he's even recently started to then stroke Malcolm's arm :haha: Whatever works! Even if it's for the time being! We actually don't let them get near our cat right now - she's older and skittish. I did let Malcolm pet her the other day and he did a good job but then he got excited and started the 'smash' as well. :haha:
Thankfully Timothy doesn't do this much anymore. He just screams and yells when he gets angry. I guess the boy has to get it out somehow and thankfully he's controlling the physical reaction, it seems!

Rachael - I meant to say that I love the name Isobel and I was going to push for that if we had a girl! there's a great song by Frank Turner with that name - look it up!! I love it <3

How's the week going for everyone else? Wicky - how are ya, my other non-TTC friend?

TTC - where did you go?

@mikihope So pleased your scan went well. Unfortunately the sciatica hasn’t given me any relief as of yet but I have a physio appointment through now, just have to battle it out until August 30th.......

No food aversions and still pretty much the same with the cravings but the boob soreness has eased and I’m currently at my previous loss stage so my anxiety isn’t so great at the moment. Rolling on my scan. Just wish I’d made it a little sooner now.....

Oh my goodness, a lot has happened since I last checked in! Work was crazy last week and then we went to MD to see MIL and extended family. We took my mom as babysitter because MIL is too impaired and we had a memorial service we couldn't take Miriam to. It was a crazy weekend with two grandmas! Miriam loved it, though. We even got to take her swimming while we were there... it was actually TOO HOT to go to the pool until about 7 pm. And then the water was kind of like bath water. Not the most refreshing, but it was nice when we got out and could feel the breeze as we air-dried. Miriam was a great traveler, so that was nice to learn. This was the first big trip she's been on since she stopped sleeping all the time, so I was worried she'd be fussy in the car seat. She was fine, just stared out the window at the cars passing by and then eventually slept. She did drive us nuts with one toy that plays music, as she kept pushing the same button for the "animal" setting on the toy. We got to hear "animal!" "animal!" "a-a-animal!" about a million times over the round trip as she repeatedly pushed the button! :haha:

Rachael and Wanting, thank you for sharing your stories. I'm so sorry to hear of all your losses. Baby dust to you both. I think this is a fertile, lucky thread. I hope it brings you the support you are looking for. I love this group of ladies! I'm not TTC anymore and if we have another, it will be surrogacy or adoption due to my health issues. But neither of those are on our short term radar.

Miki - I had a bleed like you described with Miriam at about 5-6 weeks. It totally freaked me out, but the RE said it was normal and happens all the time with no issues, but even if it was the beginning of a MC, there was nothing they could do. So I just tried to relax and take it in stride and that seemed to work for me. I was so okay with what was going on that I was a bit shocked later in the pregnancy when my OB said that it was a threatened spontaneous abortion and told me I needed to get Rhogam right away. By then, though, I knew everything was fine, as I'd had several scans and LOTS of symptoms. I think it's not so unusual to have bleeding in the early days/weeks, but we naturally think the worst. I'm glad you were able to relax and that your scan provided some reassurances. Yay for cozy embies!

Wish - poor Malcom! I hope that he starts feeling better soon. What a trooper! Also, how cute it must be to see Timothy stroking his brother's arm. Miriam sometimes pats my arm or shoulder when I'm holding her and it's so funny and adorable. She, too, is a bit rough with the cats. She mostly bothers them by screeching so loudly that they cower or run - I'm sure it hurts their sensitive ears. But sometimes she pets them and then it turns into grabbing their fur coats in big clumps or grabbing an ear or tail. Sometimes, the tail gets pulled into her mouth (yuck!!) or just pulled. And then sometimes she just kind of hits at the cats like she's trying to pet them but very, very roughly and without much coordination. She loves her kitties, though! Every time she sees one, she yells "Kii-eee!" and points at him/her. She does the same thing with pictures of cats. I don't think toddlers understand any form of the concept of "quiet" or "gentle" yet, but I'm hoping that by teaching her now, it will eventually make sense to her.

Mum - sorry to hear the sciatica is still bad. I hope that you can manage until the end of August. What a terribly long wait for something that makes time seem to stretch on forever!

TTC, are you out there? Thinking of you...

AFM - Miriam turned 15 months on Friday and is doing well. We took her to her first live baseball game about a week ago and she loved it, until we started winning and the crowd got very loud and enthusiastic. She is close to walking in terms of motivation and effort, but still doesn't have the balance part down. She can stand briefly on her own, but if she tries to take steps when holding on, she leans way too far forward or backward to keep her balance yet. It's very cute to watch, though, because she takes huge steps, lifting her feet up like she's marching! Baby swim lessons end this week and I'll be glad to get our Saturdays back. But it's so fun to see how much she loves the water. I will try to sign her up for another round in the fall, but at our local Y and not the one by my mom (who lives 30 minutes away). Oh, and Miriam figured out how to crawl up the stairs last week. It's the cutest thing to see her little butt wiggle up the stairs!

The visit to MD was good. Very stressful for DW as her mom is losing cognitive abilities and we are getting closer to having to move her into assisted living for safety. But her mom is with it enough to fight us, so this is going to be a tough transition and very sad for DW. Thankfully, MIL is very aware of the baby and since she was a school teacher, she is great with Miriam even when she's confused about other things. They got along great during the visit!

I think I'd better stop writing before this turns into a full-blown novel. Happy Tuesday to everyone.

20190716_221429.jpg 2019-07-22 22.22.59.jpg

Last edited:
Wicky- Glad to hear from you! I love your updates, don’t worry about writing a novel. I’m in awe of how you and Wish manage to keep up with everyone’s stories and write such detailed updates! Reading about Miriam and swimming makes me want to sign Kai up for swim classes right away. Kai loves the water too! The problem is that I feel so ill in the mornings, and DH was not keen on going in the water with him. Boo.

Those photos of Miriam are adorable! I love the one of her climbing up the stairs, and she looks like a doll in the other! I’m so glad that she is doing so well. It does sound like she’s close to walking. I think she’s just being careful and trying to master it first. I’m sorry to hear about your MIL, but I’m glad that she is at least aware of Miriam and got along so well with her!

Thanks for your support, and for telling your story. I can’t believe your OB said that! No wonder you were shocked, I’m sorry you had to go through that. I really hope I haven’t offended you... It’s my hormones speaking now, I’m sure, because I’m normally so careful not to push big opinions! It’s just that I think that the term your OB used is a scary medical term, and not one that a worried pregnant woman needs to hear. I don’t see the point in scaring your patients, it doesn't help them. I wonder if REs are more sensitive to the worries of their patients since they deal with infertility, and so they react differently… Once again, I hope I didn’t offend you and I’m sure you have a great OB. I think that docs sometimes forget how us patients think, and they blurt out stuff!

TTC, how are you doing? I hope you’re enjoying time with Bella!

Mum- Thanks for your support! I’m sorry that your sciatica is still bad, I know how awful the pain is. Hopefully you can power through until your appointment. For symptoms, it seems to me that it is a super common thing for boob soreness to come and go. I myself don’t really look at that as mine are often not sore. I think that the cravings part sounds great, and many women don’t have food aversions. I just happen to be unlucky :cry: I’m sorry that it’s such a anxiety-filled time for you now, waiting for the scan. Just imagine that it’s almost the end of the week. So not long till next week! Hang in there!

Wish- Thanks so much! I was 6+1 weeks at the scan, and measured 6+2. I so happy to see snuggling embie in there! Hehe, I just have the cutest image of your boys and how they play with the cat and each other. Timothy sounds similar to Kai in that he’s just so enthusiastic in his actions and reactions! Kai is such a fun and crazy goofball, but I feel that everything is so magnified with him. I think it’s his personality, he’s definitely not laid back!

Wish and Wicky, I love reading about the silly cat smashing and grabbing! Poor sweet cats, but It’s just so funny to see the interaction between toddler and cat. Unfortunately, ours just sit there and take the abuse, so Kai doesn’t really learn anything. But he has amazingly started to stroke and pet the cats gently. I nicknamed him “baby Hulk” because of how rough he was and how he loved to smash, but now he’s sometimes showing his gentle side. He strokes his own head when I say “gentle”, and then he strokes the cat gently and asks me, “yeah?” So he knows to try to be gentle. But forget about teaching him not to suddenly grab, especially the ears and tail!

Happy Friday to all!

Finally I can come on here! I was getting server errors for the last few days. I'm so happy to read the updates. :)

miki - I'm so glad you're feeling ok! :) I love your nausea, you know that :friends: I want to take the boys to swim class too, basically b/c the fear of drowning freaks me out. But we're never near water with them so the chances are pretty low. DH sounds like your DH where I feel like he doesn't really want to go into the water with them. I think he has insecurities about how hairy or 'Dad Bod' he is but who cares? I don't care. I'm a little fluffy around the middle these days too but I'm dying to get the boys in a pool. My aunt and uncle have one, they are 5 mins away from us and they've bought the boys floats for the summer and we haven't been over there once. :(

wicky - sounds like your trip was great! tiring, as they always are, but great! I'm so sad to read about your MIL. I hate that we're getting to the age where these things are starting to have to happen. I don't even want to think about that with my folks. Thankfully they are really young (still only 62) but you just never know what's around the corner. A friend of mine I grew up with, her Dad passed away from cancer yesterday. I haven't been in close touch with her in recent years, she lives in FL, but I keep track of her goings-on on FB. But she sent myself and her college BFF a text yesterday letting us know. I felt so horrible and again, it just reminded me of how I'm closer to that stage than not. :cry:
Miriam is JUST SO ADORABLE!! That little bum climbing the steps!! Yes, she will be off and running soon enough! I miss that little march and the first walking steps. They are just the best!

Mum - ugh, sciatica already? Things are shifting! yay! but boooo on the pain. That stinks. And I'll just say it - Tylenol does NOTHING for pain relief!

Right now our funniest thing to watch is Malcolm trying to hop. Timothy has had it down for months now but Malcolm is still trying to get off the ground. He kind of just bends his knees and goes up and down but never leaves the floor - but I think he thinks he does and he is just SO PROUD! He just melts us all over the place. Then we have our bouncing, dancing fool Timothy who is going to send us into an early grave of worry with his spinning, hopping, and then bouncing into walls/corners/toys/cribs/whatever is near. He does this so haphazardly sometimes, it makes us crazy! But we're giggling the whole time too but he's such a clown! I've done this thing a couple of times where I take one of their crib mattresses down to the floor and let them bounce on it, surrounded by their beanbags, huge pillows, etc. We have the Google Play in their room now too so we have music on, bouncing happening, a whole lotta fun! THEY LOVE IT, and it tires them out!! :haha: They are going to love the trampoline parks in a year or so!

Girls are any of you good with charts?

Sorry I wasn’t around could not get on with the site blip! I’ll need to read up tomorrow!

Wish- I love your updates on T and M! So much fun and laughter in your home with those two! Kai does the “feet stuck to floor” hop thing too! He does it with so much gusto, arms flailing, lurching upwards and forward and then hands landing in front of him, squealing with laughter. I’m kind of glad he isn’t at T’s level yet, I wouldn’t be able to get up off the couch to see to his bouncing around!
Ah… I didn’t think of insecurities. Now I remember that DH never goes shirtless to swim, he's shy about being seen. Now his hesitancy makes sense! Funny how you and I don’t mind being seen in the pool with fluffy middles, and it’s the men who are self conscious!
Oh, the nausea, I hate it! I’m glad you like it for me, though :haha: It’s the same thing all over again, horrendous taste in my mouth and seasick feeling all day long, gagging at food/food smells, gagging after finishing my meals/snacks. I manage to eat a lot, as once I force myself to start eating I’m fine. It’s the starting/stopping that is awful.

Mum- I really hope your scan goes great! Less than 2 days left to go, I hope you’re feeling good these days!

Wanting- I don't know much about charts, but there are definitely ladies here who are good at them.

AFM- I have no idea how I’m going to keep my pregnancy a secret from my boss any longer. I don’t want to tell him early, but I do lab work, and doing hands on work while feeling seasick and exhausted is hard going. I am so slow, and I can’t think at all. And tomorrow morning, I have to work with my boss in a cleanroom, which means no food or drink for a few hours. I need to eat and drink constantly or I get even more nauseated. Dreading it...

@Wicky78 @mikihope @Wish2BMom thank you so much for your support. The sciatica does seem to be lift very slightly at the moment which is a bonus but it isn’t always that way. I have certain positions I can’t sleep in as it pulls but on the other other hand I seem to have developed insomnia every other night. Not sure if it’s pregnancy or nerves related. Scan day tomorrow. OH is convinced all will be ok and in a way I’m with him but I can’t help fearing something will be amiss somehow.... I’m stupidly still watching my resting heart rate on the Fitbit which is slowly decreasing but that said I know there’s no real link to anything, I know it isn’t dropping the way it did when I had the mc but I can’t help wondering if something is going to go wrong.... it’s so stupidly stressful after mc!!!! I have no real reason to feel it will go wrong, I’m struggling to eat, it has to be little and often or I bloat badly and feel stupendously sick! Then as it eases and I start to feel hungry again I feel sick again! Nausea seems to have started for the OH too! Bless him he spent all day baking cakes for my birthday on Sunday with my 2 kids when I was at a baby shower! He’s a good one. The nausea for me is intermittent as is boob soreness, they don’t always necessarily feel sore but I can’t lay face down! They feel heavier and inflated! So, no real reason to believe anything should go wrong just my inability to believe baby will stick.... And the exhaustion!!!!
Hoping the insomnia settles ASAP as I’m more exhausted than normal some days. Slept crap Sunday night, spent all day Monday proper whacked, slept quite well Monday night then tonight I’ve had little over 3 hours despite been exhausted and currently sat having a decaf coffee in hope to get some more sleep soon....
Hope all and glad some are doing well. The server issues were hard work. Hated not being able to get on here. This is a lifeline for me!!!! School holidays too so limited as to who and when I can talk to anyone so here is awesome as no one knows what I’m saying!!!!

Chin up those still TTC, it will happen.... the best things come to those who wait xxx

170018A0-039D-42A6-B1D0-C146DDEBCCBB.png So basically this month and last month temperatures have been lower than normal like ranging 36.60-36.70 they used to be way higher than that I was on a b-100 complex maybe that caused it then so weird I ovulated by FF on the following day after peak day? Does that sound like it could cause problems

My last question is if your Normal wake up time is 6am but you woke at 3am took temp then went to pee then back to sleep which one would you use?

This is last months chart and next is this cycles

I'm not sure on the temperature range thing. Could be to do with the b vitamin complex if you've now stopped, but I couldn't say for sure.

Looks like you're possibly having an implantation dip though? Looks the same as last month on CD 7-8. I'm rather rusty with charting, it's been 8 years and I've only started temping again yesterday.

The Ov the day after peak would be normal and would also be confirmed with the temperature rise from CD 16 onwards. I think FF looks for a significant shift which is why it's placed Ov there and not the day before as the rise was only slight.

AF arrived for me today, so starting again. I'm giving OH Maca Root and Wellman conception (literally, every evening as he's rubbish at taking tablets :dohh:)

I'm taking Maca Root, and I've got Conceive Plus and Soft Cups for this cycle. Also using the CBAFM again, plus IC OPKs as my LH surge is short.

Mum- Happy birthday! So glad to read your update! It must be so hard to deal with your pregnancy worries at the moment, and I hope that your scan will set your mind at ease. Your DH is wonderful, I’m sure that helps too! I can imagine how uncomfy you must be now with your nausea (yay, nausea!), sciatica, exhaustion… but all sounds like it’s par for the course for a healthy pregnancy. My thoughts are with you for your scan!

Wanting and Rachael, Fx that the stuff you are trying this cycle works!

Thank you @mikihope

It is hard but somehow we manage to make it through each day don’t we!

He does his best bless him. And the cake is yum too (we all love a bit of cake right hehe).

I hope so! I’m sure it will be but just taking the approach of expect the worst hope for the best that way all bases are covered.

I’ll pop on an update once I’ve been. Just over 4 hours and counting.....

@Rachael1981 sorry af arrived... Good luck next month xx

ooooh can't wait for results!!! I hope everything went well, mum!! From your physical response, it sounds like it should have. and happy cake day! :cake:

ladies with charts - I agree with what Rachael said - looks like you could have O'd between when FF says you did and the day before (or midnight in between - who really knows and it's only a 12 hr window). So 6-7DPO would make sense for implantation! OOHHH! FX'ed!
Re: when to take temp - if I remember correctly, it should be after a solid sleep so I'd probably use the 3am one since you were probably sleeping longer, rather than one 3 hrs after you woke, got up, were a little active and prob took a little time getting back to sleep. So much to think about!!!

Rachael - I'm so sorry AF got you. Sounds like you're taking good things and have a good plan. I really hope this works well for you soon! have you tried acupuncture? have we talked about that yet? I loved mine and I've just heard so many stories of that helping. Kinda more expensive than supplements but who knows...

miki - ugh, that's going to be tough keeping from your boss and not eating for a few hours!! I remember you had to tell him fairly early last time too, right? When possible, I'd keep a sleeve or little sandwich bag of saltines on you at all times. I've heard that's key to fixing the sneaky nausea. And thank you for saying you like my stories of the boys!! They really do bring us so much joy (except when throwing food. While making solid eye contact. I need to figure out how to stop this menacing behavior. :grr:)

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm doing yoga with baby goats again at the Budweiser Brewery grounds we have near here. I loved it last time and a friend wanted to do it this time so I'm going with her (duh). That's all we have scheduled besides the gym for the boys before that but I'm sure we'll have some fun at the playground and stuff!

Miki, thank you. Have you managed to avoid telling work or did you have to give in when you were working with your boss in the clean room?

Mum, I hope your scan went well :hugs:

Wish, I've not thought about accupuncture. When would I look to have it done? Any particular time during my cycle that is best? It is a possibility to do as I have to pay but could claim the costs back via a health cashback scheme through work. I hope you have a great weekend too!

AF is being annoying this month. TMI but I have a deep red rather than bright red. Not sure what that is all about :dohh:

The scan was amazing. Nice strong heartbeat and dates are spot on too. We were even allowed to record the heartbeat but the images are on a cd so will be getting them off and printing them once the kids are in bed.

Thank you ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->