BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Miki - I just saw your post about your eyesight. That was the key symptom I had when I first got pregnant with M and it was because my blood sugar was high. With your history of gestational diabetes, you might want to let your doctor know and have them test your blood sugar, just to make sure it's not already high. It might not be related, but I thought I'd mention it... On a happier note YAY!!!! for the great beta numbers. I'm sure this one will be a strong embie and get all cozy like Kai did. I still remember your little drawing that was your Avatar for a long time, until Kai was born.

Mum - wow, a groupon for a prenatal scan. That's awesome! I'm sorry to hear about your sciatica, though. I hope physio can get you in soon. Are there any accupressure points that can help but not interfere with pregnancy? Just trying to think of things that might bring quick relief.

Welcome, Wanting and Rachael! This thread seems to have a lot of life, so the more the merrier. Hope you both get BFPs soon!

Wish - how are your boys doing? I'm hoping that the ear situation has improved with warm weather and treatment.

oh I'm just so tickled to read about all of the symptoms going on, even though they are a bother to you both! I'm so sorry about the aches and pains. The progesterone is getting stronger and isn't that the hormone that helps to stretch out and loosen the muscles? You're both so lucky!

wanting and Rachael - welcome!! I've been on this thread for years (!!), no longer trying but it's been very good luck for most everyone!! I love seeing new ladies join! Good luck and baby dust to you both!

miki - i can't recall - did you use your male or female embie? Do you know? I wonder if anyone just goes in and says 'surprise us!' and then don't find out until the end! :shrug:
Your back pain sounds terrible, I'm so sorry. And with a toddler who wants to be held!
I assume you've told your family you're preg? Or have you yet? How do you think your mom will respond? Any plans to see her again soon?

I was thinking acupuncture for the 2 of you too. I enjoyed my acu soooooo much when I went. I just honestly couldn't afford the $58 each time. And I have far too many other things to spend that money on now, I don't see me going back for a long time.

wicky - I'm so glad you're sticking around too!! How's M doing? How are the swim lessons? How's your MIL? Or was it your Mom that was staying with you for a bit? I'm sorry i forgot.
The boys are doing well. Malcolm is taking a bit to recover. I guess when the adenoids surgical spot heals, it gets tighter, which gives you a stiff neck. And the little ones don't know how to stretch out their necks so it stays stiff and sore. So he's been on a steady dose of Motrin for a couple of weeks. He's also been holding his ears a little bit. His follow up appt is this Thurs. It'll be good to have him seen. He also got a bit of a cough from it all b/c your nose secretions increase after such a surgery as part of the body healing and it seems they went down his throat into his lungs, so he's sounded congested. Sigh - hopefully here in the next couple of weeks everything will clear up and he can be a happy, pain-free boy! He's a happy boy anyway, but I'd love to give the kid some relief!
Timothy, on the other hand, has been amazing since his tubes. The true test will be in the fall and winter, though.
The boys turned 18 months yesterday. CRAY-ZY! They are in full-on toddler mode - running, hopping, dancing, climbing, being defiant, talking and trying to say so many words, chasing each other around the house. We love it. Man I can't even remember how quiet this house used to be! How boring it was!! :haha:

@Wicky78 I know, was half price too so only £35. I find if I keep moving it eases it it’s mainly getting in and out of bed and sitting down and getting up that’s the problem. Hopefully it won’t be too long til the physio comes through fingers crossed. Feeling a little anxious for the scan but hoping all will be ok...

I'm spotting/bleeding... felt a gush and there was blood. I was beside myself earlier, we called the doc and the only thing he could do was to try to reassure me. I'm so afraid...

Sorry about the downer post last night. This is generally such a cheerful and yes, lucky thread! I hope to continue the trend!

What happened last night was that I had quite a big bleed all of a sudden, a bit like a period, and I saw some clots as well. Then I had cramping. The RE could only be encouraging, but they couldn't do anything for me as it's too early. I'm now afraid of every cramp, and I'm afraid to use the bathroom! I really hope that all is well, and that my bleeding is benign. I know that I could possibly keep bleeding, and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that, but it's hard!

Wicky- How are you feeling these days? Thanks for suggesting the blood check, I didn't think of diabetes as a cause of bad eyesight. I have the glucose testing kit from the last time, and I was planning to test early, so I think I could do that now. Oh yes, I did have that sleeping embie avatar. I truly hope that embie2 is snuggling right in!

Wish- So glad to hear that the boys are doing well, they sound so cute and fun! Poor little Malcolm, I hope that he feels much better soon. We transferred our only boy embie, which is why I'm hoping this one sticks. Out of 8 embies, 7 tested PGS normal, and only one was a boy embie!

Mum- I hope your scan goes well too! May the days pass super fast for you, I know how long the wait can feel. And I hope that your back gets better too!

are you still bleeding? take a test. I have a friend who just went through a m/c and she bled throughout the day, BAD cramps and took a test a day or two after and it was barely there. I truly hope that's not what is happening but though the RE can't 'do' anything, it's still early enough for you to test and get your own answers. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this either way!! :cry:

Thanks, Wish. I stopped bleeding after that initial period-like bleed, I think. So it was something like 10 minutes. This morning, there was brown streaks (sorry, TMI) but at least I know that's just the leftover blood from yesterday.

I've been a crazy tester, testing daily even though I know it doesn't really show much once the levels are high enough. So as of last night, the levels were still high enough on a FRER to steal almost all the dye from the control line.

I'm hoping against hope that this is nothing bad, but I know it will be hard to stay positive if (or when?) I see more bleeding.

Your poor friend, my heart goes out to her. So it seems that HCG levels dropped so fast that they were barely registering on the test a day or two later?

she had actually lost it earlier in the week and realized when she started bleeding that she hadn't 'felt' pregnant earlier on. So the bleed was a few days after it had already gone. :cry: I hate talking about this stuff b/c it's so sad but I just want you to be informed. :hugs: Yours actually sounds ok, to me!! I've heard of subcut....something bleeds and while they are SHOCKING, they turn out to be ok. And if you're still registering that strong on a test, I'm more than sure you are ok! I'll be thinking of you so much, though!! When can you go in and get a scan or something? Can you ask them for a blood test to see where the levels are? Ugh, I hate this limbo for you!

mum - please remind when your scan is again? I think it's so great that you could get something off of Groupon for one!!

gemma - I have the worst line eye but I think I see something super faint.

wanting and Rachael - what are your back stories? Where are you in your cycles?

I think I’m seeing something super faint. What dpo are you?i must be like 19dpo beileve it or not i had what I thought was a wacky af which was mostly spotting and i knew something wasn't right and my cm is really really dry im never like this. I just hope my lines get darker x

@mikihope How are you today? No more bleeding I hope?

Thank you. I’ll update when I’ve been xx

she had actually lost it earlier in the week and realized when she started bleeding that she hadn't 'felt' pregnant earlier on. So the bleed was a few days after it had already gone. :cry: I hate talking about this stuff b/c it's so sad but I just want you to be informed. :hugs: Yours actually sounds ok, to me!! I've heard of subcut....something bleeds and while they are SHOCKING, they turn out to be ok. And if you're still registering that strong on a test, I'm more than sure you are ok! I'll be thinking of you so much, though!! When can you go in and get a scan or something? Can you ask them for a blood test to see where the levels are? Ugh, I hate this limbo for you!

mum - please remind when your scan is again? I think it's so great that you could get something off of Groupon for one!!

gemma - I have the worst line eye but I think I see something super faint.

wanting and Rachael - what are your back stories? Where are you in your cycles?
Thank you lovely

Wish2bMom :hi:

Back story - I was on BnB back in 2011 when I was TTC my DD who is now 7. I always wanted 2 children, but my OH decided before the time came to TTC for #2 that he had changed his mind and that was that. Fast forward to February this year and DD was really sad because she really wanted a baby brother. I mentioned it to him and he said well I think we should! His mum passed away just before Christmas and it made him realise that without his sister he would have had no one aside from me and DD so had been thinking about it and changed his mind. He was on some medication which he had to be off for 3 months before we could TTC, during which time my Dad had a massive brain haemorrhage which caused a major stroke, and he subsequently passed away at the end of May. This has cemented that the decision for another was the right one and we are now on cycle 2 of TTC #2. It took 7 cycles for DD so I'm not expecting anything to happen that quickly. Not to mention I'm now 38 as well :dohh:

I'm currently 2dpo with AF due on the 30th July. I'm using a CBFM and IC OPKs. Thinking of using preseed or Conceive Plus next cycle as I don't seem to have as much fertile CM as I did 8 years ago :haha:

Thanks for your concern, Wish! It really is such a sad and tough thing to talk about, and I wish this sort of thing never had to happen. I hope your friend recovers the best she can, as quickly as she can.
My scan is on Monday. I’m holding on to hope for a good scan, but it is scary whenever I think of what might happen. I don’t do it on purpose, just that sometimes these thoughts pop into my head. Go away, scary thoughts!

Mum- Thank you so much for asking, I seem a lot better today. I didn’t have a bleed after that initial one. I know that it is always possible to have another one, so I asked the RE and the case manager over the phone if it were normal to have subsequent bleeds. I was trying to prepare myself mentally for if it happened again. At least the clinic has done a great job of making me feel better, even if there is no guarantee that things will be ok.
How are you feeling? Any more symptoms? I think the nausea has kind of started for me. I suddenly am off food, which is unusual for me as I NEVER am off food, no matter how ill I am. I think I can count a few days in my life where I had no appetite, except for when I was pregnant with Kai. Oh, and I have that darned sour taste in my mouth that doesn’t go away. I seem to not get the metallic taste for some reason.

Gemma- I think I see a shadow of a line. I had to move further away from my screen to see it, but then again I’m not good at seeing these things. Fx for you!

Rachael- I hope that it happens quick for you this time around! I’m sorry for your losses, you’ve had a tough year. Isobel is so adorable in your avatar (I guess that’s her 7 years ago)! I actually thought of picking Isobel as a name if I had a girl, because I’m a fan of the band “Belle and Sebastian”.

AFM- I have decided to try and be hopeful and “zen” about the whole thing. It doesn’t make sense to dwell on bad outcomes, I already know what they are. It won’t cushion the blow, and all it will do is make me feel horrible in the meantime. After I had the bleeding, I drove myself mad that night and the next morning trying to google happy outcomes, etc. I realized after a while that there was no “good thread” on this issue. It would always start off with happy outcomes, and someone would come in and derail the whole thing. I realized that only I could think positive within myself. So I’ve decided to do fun stuff, watch comedies and the Tour de France, and distract myself until the scan on Monday. Kai is an awesome distraction! He’s so funny and adorable and yes, maddening. He’s a toddler, the best source of distraction!

Miki, she is the bigger child in my avatar. The baby is my niece.

I wish you all the best for the scan

Oops, she's adorable too! So sweet how she looks at your niece, what a lovely photo of them together :cloud9:

Thanks for your well wishes!

Thanks for your concern, Wish! It really is such a sad and tough thing to talk about, and I wish this sort of thing never had to happen. I hope your friend recovers the best she can, as quickly as she can.
My scan is on Monday. I’m holding on to hope for a good scan, but it is scary whenever I think of what might happen. I don’t do it on purpose, just that sometimes these thoughts pop into my head. Go away, scary thoughts!

Mum- Thank you so much for asking, I seem a lot better today. I didn’t have a bleed after that initial one. I know that it is always possible to have another one, so I asked the RE and the case manager over the phone if it were normal to have subsequent bleeds. I was trying to prepare myself mentally for if it happened again. At least the clinic has done a great job of making me feel better, even if there is no guarantee that things will be ok.
How are you feeling? Any more symptoms? I think the nausea has kind of started for me. I suddenly am off food, which is unusual for me as I NEVER am off food, no matter how ill I am. I think I can count a few days in my life where I had no appetite, except for when I was pregnant with Kai. Oh, and I have that darned sour taste in my mouth that doesn’t go away. I seem to not get the metallic taste for some reason.

Gemma- I think I see a shadow of a line. I had to move further away from my screen to see it, but then again I’m not good at seeing these things. Fx for you!

Rachael- I hope that it happens quick for you this time around! I’m sorry for your losses, you’ve had a tough year. Isobel is so adorable in your avatar (I guess that’s her 7 years ago)! I actually thought of picking Isobel as a name if I had a girl, because I’m a fan of the band “Belle and Sebastian”.

AFM- I have decided to try and be hopeful and “zen” about the whole thing. It doesn’t make sense to dwell on bad outcomes, I already know what they are. It won’t cushion the blow, and all it will do is make me feel horrible in the meantime. After I had the bleeding, I drove myself mad that night and the next morning trying to google happy outcomes, etc. I realized after a while that there was no “good thread” on this issue. It would always start off with happy outcomes, and someone would come in and derail the whole thing. I realized that only I could think positive within myself. So I’ve decided to do fun stuff, watch comedies and the Tour de France, and distract myself until the scan on Monday. Kai is an awesome distraction! He’s so funny and adorable and yes, maddening. He’s a toddler, the best source of distraction!
Thanks for looking x

Ok so my back story, I have 4 kids first three were more or less not too uneventful. I have a son who is nearly 10, then I had a loss then had my daughter. I then had a surprise pregnancy another girl who is 11 months younger than my first girl. So thought my 4th would have been simple, I had three losses in a low no reasoning well my longest loss that will stay with me forever I lost at just over 9 weeks. It had down syndrome had a d&c lots of problems with 2ww spotting ever since my last daughter Erin I then had a 6 week loss and then a chemical these all took about 1 year each. Started extra supplements then went on baby aspirin after bfp. Fast forward to our very last child suffered a loss in March, then another last month. Still spot bad in 2ww I’m at a loss now as did everything I did with Leo and still Lost them. I’m now trying an all in one supplement called pre-conceive. Last month was the first time I also took conceive plus. Currently on cd11 and a high day. Side note I also take maca root I wonder if this can make spotting worse or not my temps have also been lower than normal in 2ww. I was on b-100 for spotting but my period was weird. Had peak cd13 strongest Pains cd14 but no FF ovulation. Confirmed til cd15 so I wonder if the complex could have affected things all so confusing!

miki - good luck today!! I love your attitude - positive is really all you can be. I can't agree with you more about the worrying and how it just wears on you for no reason. I have a feeling everything will be A-OK since you're still having some strong symptoms! I can't imagine being turned off of food either - we sound very similar. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been turned off of food! I'm so glad Kai is being a goofball and a big distraction to you too. Please keep us posted!!

Thank you for the backstories, girls! My goodness you've both been through a lot. I'm so sorry for all of your losses, both baby and family. :hugs: I truly hope you get your next little miracles as soon as possible.
Gemma - did your line darken??

mum - how are you doing?

I feel silly updating b/c there's really not much that changes with me and I'm not TTC'ing. It was SMOKING hot here this weekend so we spent most of it indoors in the AC. Malcolm is just cracking us up asking 'wassat waSSAAT?' to everything! Meanwhile, Timothy is dancing, hopping and running around in the background. We are doing pretty well on saying 'thank you' and sharing, though the sharing comes after taking something away from the other. DH and I have to try not to step in when they are doing this so they can work on figuring things out themselves. So we'll just say 'share...' but when things get physical we step in.
All in all, we are just having so much fun. We head to the beach for a long weekend in about a month - I can't wait for that. That's really it for 'vacation' for us for this year. Hopefully we'll get more next year - the boys will be less sick (knock on wood) and we can use our PTO for actual vacation time instead of sick days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->