BFP during ovulation??

Smashley920

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure where I am in my cycle, but I was pretty sure I hadn't ovulated (weird cycles, probable Pcos). Yesterday I did an opk that was almost positive and had a negative pregnancy test. Today, positive opk and a super faint but definitely there in the time limit positive preg test. Has anyone ever gotten a bfp when it's really just an lh surge? Terrified to be optimistic as we'd given up hope a while ago.

I don't know a whole lot about endocrinology, but from what I understand OPKs detect leutenizing hormone which your body produces to tell your ovary to release an egg (hence why it predicts ovulation), and a pregnancy test measure HCG which your body starts producing when implantation occurs. So from what I understand you should not get a positive pregnancy test as a result of ovulation. But like I say, my knowledge of this stuff is pretty limited so I could be wrong!

Fingers crossed that it's a true BFP!

Tend to agree with jessmke - HPT detects HCG and that's it. I would think it is a BFP.

Also, I have PCOS and OPKs are no good because I (like many others with PCOS) can have a few LH surges each month so they tend not to be terribly reliable.

Fingers crossed for you!

I've never heard of positive HPT during ovulation, but I HAVE heard of woman getting positive OPKs while pregnant! I certainly don't want to get your hopes up too much either, but I'd definitely take another HPT and blood test if you can! Good luck!!

When pregnant with my son I kept getting strong positive ovulation tests and was very confused for about a week until I tried a preg test and got a positive! It's definitely possible hun! Try another test tomorrow :) Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->