BFP!!! Now what??

Veryv

Reaction score
I just got my :bfp: today @13dpo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo ecstatic!! But now what?? I know this sounds silly but what do I do??!! This will be my first and I have an appointment @ the clinic to confirm pregnancy.. Will they guide me there?

Congratulations! Yep, your clinic will bombard u with leaflets and u can take it from there. Good luck!. xx

Congratulations, have a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

V xxxxx

Now you take it easy. Breath. Enjoy the moment. Relax. Really not a whole lot to it. You'll get info from the doc, and many appointments guiding you through, blood work, tests, etc. No kitty litter duty. Stay away from harsh chemicals. Watch what you eat. No heavy lifting. The usual. Stay away from medications until you get the okay from your doc. The first 7 months are the easiest. They'll let you know when and if to worry about the little things. It's so much fun. The worst of it is shopping and fixing up the new room for your little addition. Terrible I know. Congratulations!!! Hit those First Trimester Forums, and read the books, but don't worry about the "what ifs". Enjoy!!

Thank you guys! Im still in shock and the whole thing hasnt set in yet.. I feel like im dreaming and i might wake up at any moment. The only thing I am taking at the moment is a womens one a day pre natal and I will see the doctor first thing in the morning.. I am trying to figure out cute little fun ways to tell friends and family (who have ALL been on the hurry up and have a baby bandwagon) as our TTC has been a secret. Any ideas?? How did you guys tell everyone, or have you told them yet?

Thank you guys! Im still in shock and the whole thing hasnt set in yet.. I feel like im dreaming and i might wake up at any moment. The only thing I am taking at the moment is a womens one a day pre natal and I will see the doctor first thing in the morning.. I am trying to figure out cute little fun ways to tell friends and family (who have ALL been on the hurry up and have a baby bandwagon) as our TTC has been a secret. Any ideas?? How did you guys tell everyone, or have you told them yet?

For me and my former hubby, we phoned the brothers, sisters, parents, etc. and called them by the name that our son would eventually call them. Hi Grandma, Hi Aunt Carolyn, etc. If you are looking for a more creative approach to making the announcement, then I might suggest incorporating the next Holiday. Not sure if you celebrate Halloween, but a little play on pumpkins would be in perfect order. Next, don't forget Google. You'll find lots by typing in "creative ways of announcing pregnancy". Lots of luck!!

Cake! :) It's halloween like a previous poster mentioned. Get a cake and use baby themed items and say "Pumpkin on the way". :)

Congrats.

I was the same when we found out, I was like, 'um, so, now what?!'. At my first GP appt, they told me who to contact and what to do next eg blood tests, U/S appts etc.
We told my MIL over skype (she lives in England) and we just chit-chatted, then we said we had something to show her and sent her an email with the picture of our pregnancy test attached. It was amazing to see her expression once she figured it out!!
We told my mum when we were out for dinner and gave her a bag with a child's sippy cup in and told her it was something to keep at her house for our new addition to the family. This sounded better in my head though and it didn't have as good an impact as we had thought.. Then again, this will be her 9th grandchild, so maybe the novelty has just worn off.
I agree to google it - there are some incredibly unique ideas out there. Good luck and a huge congrats on your BFP!!

YAY! Congrats! Once you go to the clinic they should answer ALLLL your questions. :)

I told my sister in person the day I found out. My husband told his sister over the phone the following day after our Doctors confirmation. I have SOOO wanted to tell my parents, but this will be there first grandchild, so I also wanted to tell them in a cute, fun way. So we ordered baby bibs that say "My heart belongs to Grandma" and "My Grandpa can fix anything" and when they are shipped to me by the end of the week we are going to give them to my parents as a "late anniversary gift" since we missed their anniversary a month ago. My sister is in on the plan- she is also getting them a gift, but a regular one, so when they open the gift from my husband and I they will have no idea! I can't wait to see their response! It is killing me to wait, but I know the fun will be worth it!
We also ordered bibs for the In-laws. We dont live in the same state as them so we had the package sent to their house in his sisters name. We will Skype (video chat online) them and his sister will give them the gift while we are chatting with them. (Today is their anniversary so it will also be a "late anniversary gift"). Since they are far away we still wanted it to be personal and as "face-to-face" as possible. thank goodness for technology, we will still be able to see their faces when they get the gift! There bibs say "My favorite place: Grandmas House" and "My heart belongs to POP POP"

I CANNOT WAIT!

Congrats on your BFP! Such an exciting time! :)

Cake! :) It's halloween like a previous poster mentioned. Get a cake and use baby themed items and say "Pumpkin on the way". :)

Congrats.

THAT IS SUCH A CUTE IDEA! I love it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"