BFP-period 6 days late

iamerican

Reaction score
I tested 3 days after my period was due and the test was negative. Yesterday, at 6 days late, it was a very faint positive. This morning it was a less faint, but still faint, positive. Any ideas why it would take so long to be positive?

Possible ectopic. Not to scare you. But if you are 6 days late and getting faint/fading positives, I'd get checked out ASAP.

Perhaps you ovulated later than you think? If the test is getting darker it's a positive sign.

Can you possibly go for bloodwork to see if it doubles and at what rate?

I agree with the blood work, go and see your doctor ASAP x

Yes, I will call the doctor today to request bloodwork. From when we BD'ed it is possible that I ovulated quite a bit later than I thought. We were traveling last month so my bbt chart is all messed up and I can't pinpoint the day.

Some women don't get BFP's until later as well Hun. Congrats xx

I didn't get a bfp until cd43 and I almost always have 31 day cycles. So my period was 12 days late and test was negative 5 days earlier, and my baby is perfectly healthy.

I didn't get a BFP until 7 days late because I didn't ovulate until way later in my cycle.

Late ovulation, late implantation, a bub who doesnt need such high levels etc lol get your bloods done!

It could also be a chemical mama. That's what happened to me.

Called and chatted with the doctor today. She was not concerned about the faint positive at all. Especially since it got darker today. That makes me feel way better. Now I can start earlier. My cycle just must have been messed up this month? From traveling maybe? Praying all will be well and healthy for the next 9 months!

Yeah totally agree with your doctor. If your tests are getting darker, everything is probably on track. You may have just Oed later (traveling definitely affects your cycle), and baby may have implanted later.

Congratulations to you and a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->