BFP then BFN... help please

BabyHay

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi guys

So on Sunday, I was at the shop and just felt the need to buy a HPT, like I HAD to do one. Did it as soon as I got home and it came up BFP straight away. I told my partner and we were so scared as I'm on the pill and we're not ready for another just yet

I waited until next time I needed a wee and tested again. This time it was very very faint BFP but still there

I've taken 4 tests since then and they've all been BFN. I guess I should be happy but I don't know what to feel, as I thought I was 100% pregnant and now I'm just getting BFN, even with FMU.

I'm on my week break on the pill, so AF should be coming within the next couple of days. I'm going to the doctors today so I will mention it to them, but I'd love if anyone could shed some light on the situation

Thank you!

It could have been a chemical. I know that BC can stop implantation if you do ovulate so maybe that's what happened? I cant be 100% sure but thats my thoughts.

It could have been a chemical. I know that BC can stop implantation if you do ovulate so maybe that's what happened? I cant be 100% sure but thats my thoughts.

I was thinking that, but the last time I BD was about 4 weeks ago. So surely it'd be too late for that?

I agree with cewsbaby, it might have been a chemical pregnancy. Maybe ask the doctor to do bloods? What miu was the positive tests you did? Could it have been the later tests need a higher level to detect?

I'm not sure how likely it would be that both tests were bad. The timing of BD and AF being due seem highly unlikely to result in pregnancy, though! Unless you ovulated early for some reason 3 weeks ago (maybe the BC could somehow make this happen?) and then just happened to test at the right time to catch the hcg before it started to drop when it didn't stick.

Sorry I don't have much insight for you! It's the worst not having answers when it comes to this kind of thing!

Is it possible you are experiencing the hook effect? if the last time you dtd was 4+ weeks ago, that would put you over 6 weeks pregnant, possibly 7 or 8+ depending on ovulation date.
any updates? how was the doctor's appointment?

Haven't been on this in a long time! I was Pregnant, the doctor said it could've been a bad batch of tests or a chemical pregnancy
Id rather not know to be honest!

It does sound like a chemical, am so sorry i had one last month it sucks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"