BFP's by Valentines Day or Bust!!

Yay! Remember FMU is the best, so pee in a cup when you wake up, then go and get the :test:! :dance:

Do you know how long pee can be left in a cup? I'm always scared it'll like, go off or something :haha:

Well I wouldn't leave it there for several days as it will smell! No it doesn't go off if you just leave it for a few hours. Actually a lot of the opk/hpt leaflets tell you to allow the urine to reach room temperature, as (as you will remember from school may be!) all experiments should be done with the chemicals at room temp :rofl: which would take - well some time I guess! Don't worry about it. Just make sure no one is going to mistake it for a cup of ice tea or something.

Yay! Remember FMU is the best, so pee in a cup when you wake up, then go and get the :test:! :dance:

Do you know how long pee can be left in a cup? I'm always scared it'll like, go off or something :haha:

Well I wouldn't leave it there for several days as it will smell! No it doesn't go off if you just leave it for a few hours. Actually a lot of the opk/hpt leaflets tell you to allow the urine to reach room temperature, as (as you will remember from school may be!) all experiments should be done with the chemicals at room temp :rofl: which would take - well some time I guess! Don't worry about it. Just make sure no one is going to mistake it for a cup of ice tea or something.
:sick::haha: Oh hey look - someone left this apple juice in the bathroom...

Also nice avatar :rofl:

I am going to grab my test tomorrow and then TRYING my hardest not
to test until 6th in the morning..
I have a few questions:

1. Is it really better to use first morning urine?
2. Should I let the urine reach approx. room temp?

I am not sure exactly how late I am.. If my cycle was on 28 days then I am 19 DPO tonight.. and if I am on my 30 day cycle then I am 16 DPO tonight.. so I am between 5 and 3 days late... maybe too early to test? Perhaps I should wait until I am 7 days late? Not sure what to do.
So many symtoms.. no sign of AF at all.. I have light spotting a day or two before it comes, but nothing so far.
Test on NYE came back a BFN.. but then I would have only been between 15 and 12 DPO...
I just hate that my periods are not completely regular! If :witch: catches me this cycle I might have to do more serious checking into when I am ovulating..
Thanks for the rant..

emmalouise.. fingers crossed and :dust: to you!!

Between 3 and 5 days late??? I would be locked in the w/c POAS for 2 days now!! :haha:
You should use FMU if you are testing early (before AF is due) but after that I think you can test any time. I always have tested with FMU though - it's more concentrated then. I don't know about room temp as I've never done that - I always POAS not a cup! xxx

I think my problem at this point is I am scared of seeing another BFN... really
does that mean that I am making up these symptoms in my head?
I just don't want to go through that.. I would rather just have AF show up then go
through the whole testing and then get a BFN..
I usually do the whole POAS thing too :haha:
but the instructions seem to indicate doing the cup thing is better? Not sure.. it sure seems messier.. :haha:
anyways... thanks... testing in a day or two then..

I think people like the cup better cuz then if the test malfunctions you have FMU there to test a second time. xx

CD1 girls :cry: the bitch came full flow in all her glory this morning..

Thank you for the support this cycle :hugs: and fingers crossed to anyone still left to test, roll on this cycle! Bring it on! :haha:

xx

NO! Bollocks hun! :hugs:Gutted for you :( Please stick around with us for a Valentines BFP tho :flower:

Canada - all tests should work from 1 day late. Why leave it a week? :shock: For the record I also always pee in a cup. I find it hard to aim at those wee little sticks (or little wee sticks lol) :haha: Sun I'm guessing you don't use the cheapies then - but the ones actually designed for peeing on?

magic - I know, I cried when she arrived, shes a horrible one. I'll definitely be sticking around for Valentines Day BFPs :D I'd love to get it in February as its also my birthday, as you can tell from my siggy :)

I know we aren't really supposed to talk about this - but I also got 2 predictions of BFPs in March - so hopefully i'll make it a month early :haha: just about to order my testing kit.

I also pee in a cup :happydance: . I find it really hard to aim on the sticks! And also, just in case I only do a little wee, its a waste of a stick really. So the cup is good to have there to see how much you've done and just in case you wanna test again :D My 'cup' is the jug that you get with our iron to put the water in and fill it up :rofl: good job OH doesn't/can't/won't iron eh?! ;)

How is everyone else getting on?

:flower:

Emmalouise.. :hugs: for next cycle!! :dust:

I have the test.. a MUCH better one from Germany..
FYI.. I am living in Spain and on NYE tested with a cheapy spainish test.. BFN..
So now I have a good one.. testing in the morning with first pee!!
Excited and nervous...
:dust::dust::dust:

Oooh what brands do you have? We have such a lot of shite out here. Nothing better than a 25 miu :( Spain is a good choice :thumbup: We used to live in Portugal and used to go over the border for day trips. We got engaged in Madrid! xx

Sorry AF got you Emmalouise!!! :hugs: Good luck to us all for this next cycle!! :happydance::happydance:

magicvw - I DID have the pricey store brand tests until I went to my baby shop and they sell the cheapie hospital tests by the bag!!! :shock: Where have I been living???? :shock: I got 20 OPKs and 2 HPTs for 1/10 the price that I would have paid at the store :dohh: You can get a bag of 10 HPTs for $10!! So I think I may be testing lots more this next cycle! Think I'll be getting some excellent POAS skills! :haha:

Everything crossed for you canadabear!!!! :hugs:

the one I am using tomorrow is called ClabiTest.. think it's actually from
China!! :haha:, but distributed from Germany.
Can't actually find out what hCG units it tests, but, get THIS, it HAS ENGLISH instructions! And not badly translated ones! WOOHOO!! That made me happy!
It does say to use the test when you have actually missed your AF by one day...
and I am currently somewhere between 4 and 6 days late.. so tomorrow when
I test I will be between 5 and 7 days late.. I figure with first morning urine
it should give an accurate reading.. fingers crossed...
Funny thing was the 'cheapy' Spainish test actually cost 2€ more!! :dohh:
:dust::dust::dust:

Canadabear - you're between 4 and 6 days late?? :shock:
Even the cheapest tests should be able to give you a pos by now!!!! How many DPO are you??

Not 100% sure what DPO I am as this was actually my first cycle NTNP/ Casual TTC..and wasn't tracking much of anything... but I am approx.. somewhere between 16 and 22 DPO.. that is a broad estimate.. but the best on guessing and looking at my cycles. When I tested on NYE with the cheapy I was approx. 11 to 16 DPO...and got the BFN.
So fingers crossed.. now that I am officially late.. that the test tomorrow comes back BFP!! :dust::dust:

Not 100% sure what DPO I am as this was actually my first cycle NTNP/ Casual TTC..and wasn't tracking much of anything... but I am approx.. somewhere between 16 and 22 DPO.. that is a broad estimate.. but the best on guessing and looking at my cycles. When I tested on NYE with the cheapy I was approx. 11 to 16 DPO...and got the BFN.
So fingers crossed.. now that I am officially late.. that the test tomorrow comes back BFP!! :dust::dust:

I can't wait until tomorrow!! :haha: OMG - you could be 22 days DPO???? :shock: Test you!! xx

good luck canada bear! i am still following this thread very carefully! hope to see some bfps! xx

Yeah the tests out here cost more and are less effective! :dohh: And they don't say the miu on them either but if it's a day of af/ day after af it will be at least 25 miu possibly even 50.

Canadabear I am very excited for you! What time are you testing? I will be on here about 7am your time! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->