BG Flips

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
I'm using my lovely BG Flips that I got from thechaosismex :thumbup: and just wanted to confirm how many poppers should be inbetween when done up? Izzie now weighs 19lb 6oz (chubby monkey I know) I just wondered if there should ever be a odd number? I think I have 3 between the two which I assume is wrong :wacko: as it would mean one side is tighter that the other? and not sure if 3 is not enough for her weight :wacko:

Any help much appreciated x

Its so hard to tell hun as it seems we all do them up differently. When Imi has hers on there is only 1 or 2 showing and she's 20lbs with big chunky thighs, whereas some others have 4 showing. Maybe a trial to see how you go? x

Thanks vici I will see in a minute when I change her bum :D her leg seems a bit wet :( so wondered if they've leaked out the side again :( will then look where the popper is!

I am having no luck this week! lol

you lo is about the same weight as mine - our fit is 4 spaced across the middle and he's just on middle rise (after a builders bum poo explosion the other day :dohh:)

i always work poppers in pairs. you can't really over tighten as the elastic across the back has plenty of give for sitting and the poppered tabs are stretchy too.

:dohh: about the builders bum poo :rofl:

I've just changed her nappy - lol no leakage :dance: just me being over paranoid! insert was wet but wasnt to bad so i've just changed the insert and wiped the flip! typicle she poo'd straight after so had to change the liner but left the insert :dohh:

Anyway off to Asda now so will be using my baby bjorn so will see if we both get covered in wee :dohh: lol

I hate it when nappies need to have one leg tighter than the other to get the right fit round the waist - I'm a bit obsessive about things being even so I just can't do it! That's why I'm not keen on nappies with poppers that cross over in the middle. The exception I've just discovered is Goodmamas - the poppers are spaced in such a way that when you cross over the tabs, you can still have both legs the same tightness :happydance:

Ok so 3 hours later and no leaks :dance: and poppers set to having 2 in the middle :dance: and she can breath still :rofl:

Maybe I was having mine too loose but they look really tight otherwise :?

they have plenty of give in them. if you fasten it tighter then try the leg and back elastic you'll find they're not as tight as you might think. the important thing with flips is to get a good fit on the body to stop the insert moving.

I tried going up a rise a month or so ago and all i got was leaks!

Yeah took me a few leaks to get them set right - middle rise, 2 poppers in middle

I thought they were too tight aswell but then I realised at the back of the nappy it can still move because the elastic in the back makes it more flexable than it looks at the front IYKWIM? and she was fine wearing them and moving about like normal - i.e rolling and trying to crawl :dohh: might be worth a try :D

Also there was no red marks after :)

I'm so pleased with the flips :D so easy! I've just been looking online to buy some more flips and inserts :D think i'm gonna buy a couple of packs of inserts now and then my cow print from Donna and that should do us for the minute (until I find some more on the websites lol) :rofl:

I thought they were too tight aswell but then I realised at the back of the nappy it can still move because the elastic in the back makes it more flexable than it looks at the front IYKWIM? and she was fine wearing them and moving about like normal - i.e rolling and trying to crawl :dohh: might be worth a try :D

Also there was no red marks after :)

I'm so pleased with the flips :D so easy! I've just been looking online to buy some more flips and inserts :D think i'm gonna buy a couple of packs of inserts now and then my cow print from Donna and that should do us for the minute (until I find some more on the websites lol) :rofl:

I just got more from:

https://www.thenaturalbabyresource.co.uk/cloth-nappies/Flip-Individual-Nappies-and-inserts

cause got free disposable inserts with the covers x

Ohhh that's quite good a offer! If it's still on when I get paid I may need to prchase that lol

Going to try out the disposables today see if they are any good before i take them on holiday. Will report back later :)

I found that the disposable inserts only last about an hour for Leyla. Two work much better for us :)

oh let me know how you get on boltonlass as we're going away in August and if there anygood I will buy some of these and take my normal inserts too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->