BH for hours???

Caelli86

Twin mummy to be!
Reaction score
since 6pm last night I've been experiencing BHs every 6-12 mins lasting just under 1 min. Not painfull but a bit uncomfortable as I'm carrying twins and I'm bump is huge.
I tried changing from lying on the couch to sitting which seemed to help ease them and I've upped my water intake.

Went to bed and they have now kept me up most of the night! I haven't been timing them through the night but I've defo been getting them.
So I'm sat up at 4.40 am timing them again, at 6-12 mins apart lasting under 1 min. And I've drank 2 glasses of water.

I'm not 100% on what to do next. this is my third pregnancy and it doesn't feel like labour to me. I don't want to get my hopes up or waste anyone's time. I don't want to bother triage only to be told it's nothing. the twins are running out of room and they do poke out quite a lot so maybe I'm being paranoid and it's just them moving? I dunno aaahhhh , will have a bath soon, see if that helps.

How are you feeling? Could you get out for a long walk or bounce on a birthing ball. With my youngest my start of labour was lots of Braxton hicks which got closer together. I then had a bath with clary sage and rubbed some on my belly then went for a long walk. I had a caesarean but they just bought it forward at 38 weeks. Hope something is happening for you.

since 6pm last night I've been experiencing BHs every 6-12 mins lasting just under 1 min. Not painfull but a bit uncomfortable as I'm carrying twins and I'm bump is huge.
I tried changing from lying on the couch to sitting which seemed to help ease them and I've upped my water intake.

Went to bed and they have now kept me up most of the night! I haven't been timing them through the night but I've defo been getting them.
So I'm sat up at 4.40 am timing them again, at 6-12 mins apart lasting under 1 min. And I've drank 2 glasses of water.

I'm not 100% on what to do next. this is my third pregnancy and it doesn't feel like labour to me. I don't want to get my hopes up or waste anyone's time. I don't want to bother triage only to be told it's nothing. the twins are running out of room and they do poke out quite a lot so maybe I'm being paranoid and it's just them moving? I dunno aaahhhh , will have a bath soon, see if that helps.

I have something similar going on and I just don't understand myself I am the same way not wanting to waste anyone's time.

Well I fell back to sleep at about 5am then woke up at 10, they seem to have stopped. Been out for lunch and had only a few but not regular ones. nothing is happening.
I'm worried about using a birthing ball this time round because baby is breech don't know if it would be helpful or not :-/

I'm using clary sage on my bump, love the smell .

That is how my second labour started but some people seem to get it starting and stopping.

I didn't think you were supposed to use clary sage until you are due as it can have quite a strong effect?

Mine have been regular, ranging from every 5 minutes to every 15 and lasting about a minute for almost 3 weeks now. Even first thing in the morning. I've had 8 NST's in that time (was hospitalized for a couple days) and they are always there! My last cervical check 8 days ago and I was still "long and closed"

I think it's just because the uterus is so big with twins that it thinks it's ready to go, but the babies' hormones are conflicting and saying "Nope not yet!"

But there was another twin mom in my pregnancy club thread who was experiencing the same and she just had her babies at 34w.

With my twins I had strong very uncomfortable, often painful BH every 5-20 mins day and night no matter what from 24-32 weeks solid. Was not fun. With this one they are no where near as bad or as frequent but if I have been up and about a lot or done lots of bending I get strong uncomfortable ones that come every 2-3 mins and last around about 30 seconds each for hours on end before they calm down and gradually tail off.

I had that for 6 weeks with my 2nd, some were contractions other Braxton hicks. they say if you have 4 or more BH in an hour then you should call.
it maybe things are starting to get going for you.

Yeah I had 3 in about 45 minutes the other day and thought "Oh no, I'm going to have to call if I have another one" and then I didn't. I hesitate to call with problems as well. Even though I have never done it before, for some reason I think I will be able to tell the difference between BH and real contractions, even the BH that just won't go away.

Drinking water and putting my feet up was not making mine stop either. Walked around a bit and that didn't really help. I just fell asleep for a bit and they eventually stopped the next morning.

Sorry that's not much help probably, but seems like lots of us have had stubborn ones that don't go away with water and rest or activity like all the articles say they will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->