bi racial babies?

I'm Caucasian and my husband is from the Philippines.

bump! even though Im in third tri now....I still want to be a part of this thread:)

i'm white (blonde hair, blue eyes) and my husband is african- he's quite dark. i can't wait to see what our baby will look like. i hope he is a lighter colour and has some of my features. i'm scared about people seeing me with the baby and thinking that he's not mine (cause of colour). i want the baby to have some 'white' features for that reason.

Our newest bundle of joy, Sophia Grace born 03.11.11 at 9.32am weighing 8lbs 5oz. I'm white british and daddy is black african :) Sophia is our 3rd and smallest baby :)

sophia.jpg

I always wanted a mix-race baby, but nope.... I had to go Marry myself a good ole Irish man... :dohh: As much as I love my hubby, I secretly would have loved to have wound up with a darker man, not that Im not physically attracted to my husband, I just think mix race kids are too beautiful for words!!! :flower:

@ JJandBellamum, Sophia is an absolute DOLL! I just want to scoop her up and kiss those cheeks :)

I had an ultrasound the other day, and of *course* Azalee was being a stubborn little girl... she refused to show us her face! (She's already in the correct position though, so I can't be too 'upset' with her ;) ) But, she did wiggle just enough for us to see her nose and lips for a few seconds... and I SWEAR she has her grandpa's nose! (DH's dad) Very wide and flat. He is African-American, and DH is half white/black, and DH doesn't even have his dad's nose, lol. She also has a head of hair already... I'm still holding onto hope that she'll have her Daddy's curls!

i'm white (blonde hair, blue eyes) and my husband is african- he's quite dark. i can't wait to see what our baby will look like. i hope he is a lighter colour and has some of my features. i'm scared about people seeing me with the baby and thinking that he's not mine (cause of colour). i want the baby to have some 'white' features for that reason.

I was worried about this too when I had my son and i can tell you no matter how many of your features come out people will still think babes not yours at times. my son fell at the park and as i was walking up to get him the people around him looked right past me looking for a different momma i had to almost wave in their face and say hes mine thankyou. haha but dont worry good deffinitely outweighs the bad. on the other hand in africa i had no problem with people thinking he wasnt mine. lol.

i should mention that i am also blonde with blue eyes and OH is dark West African.

Here's a pic of me & my hubby... im SO excited to see what our baby will look like!

He's quite light for a mixed race guy and i'm fair so i dont think our baby will be that dark but im hoping he'll have the curly hair that my hubby had as a baby!

What do you guys think?

It'd be lovely if our baby boy had my blue eyes :happydance: x

Attachments

• DSCN1954 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN1954 (Medium).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35
I'm white British and hubby is Italian/Sicilian cant wait to see what our baby will look like :)

A friend of mine has the most adorable little girl. She is Chinese and Lithuanian. SOOOO CUTE!!!

A friend of mine has the most adorable little girl. She is Chinese and Lithuanian. SOOOO CUTE!!!

Aww...nice. Almost close to what our baby will be mixed, except she'll be half Thai & half Russian.

She really is a doll. She has more physical characteristics of her mother who is Chinese, but she has a lot of her daddy in her too :)

During our last 3d ultrasound I really felt baby looked liker her Chinese daddy (and cousin) . Especially in this picture I'm posting. We are having our last 3d US tomorrow so maybe we can tell even more then:)

Attachments

• 310850_10150324553036835_603151834_8540400_518488592_n.jpg
    310850_10150324553036835_603151834_8540400_518488592_n.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 13
Here's a pic of me & my hubby... im SO excited to see what our baby will look like!

He's quite light for a mixed race guy and i'm fair so i dont think our baby will be that dark but im hoping he'll have the curly hair that my hubby had as a baby!

What do you guys think?

It'd be lovely if our baby boy had my blue eyes :happydance: x

I'm mixed and I'm light like that also.

I was worried about this too when I had my son and i can tell you no matter how many of your features come out people will still think babes not yours at times. my son fell at the park and as i was walking up to get him the people around him looked right past me looking for a different momma i had to almost wave in their face and say hes mine thankyou. haha but dont worry good deffinitely outweighs the bad. on the other hand in africa i had no problem with people thinking he wasnt mine. lol.

i should mention that i am also blonde with blue eyes and OH is dark West African.

thanks for sharing. glad to know that it's not some obscure feeling that i'm having, and others feel the same way.

i guess what most people will see straight away is the colour of their skin so regardless of how many of my 'white' features he has, his colour will outweigh those features.

so when i go to africa i can look forward to people acknowledging that he is my child??? perhaps i should visit africa sooner rather than later ;).

ps. my husband is west african as well!

I'm 1/2 italian, 1/4 Spanish and 1/4 Polish, and I was born in Argentina.
My husband is American but all his family came from Great Britain a few generations ago. We both have brown eyes and brown hair, I'm just slightly more tanned than he is. Some people say we are bi-racial, but we actually kind of look alike (hopefuly, in a non-creepy way). My brother and my mom are a lot darker than me, so baby could still have darker skin.

So, my case kind of applies to the thread :lol: but anyway, I can't wait to see what our baby looks like. I'm sure it will be beautiful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->