Bible Study - everyone welcome!

Absolutely!! :hugs:
Do you have a preference over Ester or Ruth?

I'd love to pop in too and see what's being discussed and join in. Out of Esther and Ruth I'd choose Ruth.... xxx

I say Ruth, just because there are more people saying it. I really don't know anything about it. I think we should pick a day to start, not TOO soon (like tomorrow) so that everyone has a chance to see the post and doesn't get left out! Let's get this going! =)

Yay! Ok, let's do Ruth!
In my Quest Bible, it has a little intro for each book. I'll copy the one for Ruth here!

INTRODUCTION
Why read this book? If you've ever felt like an outsider struggling to fit in, you'll identify with Ruth, the heroine of this book. In the culture she lived in, Ruth had several strikes against her. At that time, people honoured women with children; she had none. Women depended on their husbands; she was a wideo. Communities were close-knit; she was a foreigner. But this is the story of an outsider who was brought in,s aved from poverty and ostracism. So you'll find hope in this book - a story of how God wants "outsiders" to come to him for help.

Who wrote this book? Jewish tradition traces the story to Samuel, but it was likely written later by an unknown writer.

To whom was it written? The people of Israel.

What to look for in Ruth: Redemption - the theme permeates this book: RUth is transformed from poverty to wealth, widow to wife, barren to fertile and foreigner to Israelite. A key figure is Boaz, a kinsman-redeemer, who provides a new life for Ruth and her mother-in-law, Naomi.

So...how about we "assign" Chapter 1 in Ruth, and once we are all done it we can write our thoughts out in here, and "assign" Chapter 2 in...what does everyonet think? One week? Two? We want to give everyone a chance to give their two cents and not be behind.

I'm so excited!!!

Hi! Would I be able to join?? I'd love to have a Bible study group - I've wanted this for awhile but people in my church are older and there's really no one there my husband and I's age. My Bible is NIV I believe, but I'll check for sure when I get home.

Ruth sounds great - I'm up for anything!

A little about me - I'm 26, DH is 25 and we just found out we're expecting! Can't wait, but I'm also super nervous! Our church is called "Paradise Church" and its non-denominational. I grew up Methodist but have been going here since I met my husband :)

Great, can't wait to get started, I love the story in Ruth :) xxx

Yes absolutely! Everyone is welcome to join. I think I'll change the title of the thread to say that :)
Thanks ladies!! I'm excited to study with you!

Ruth sounds great.....on what date would we like to start posting discussions? How about Mondays? I am bad about checking this board everyday but can definately make an appointment for MOndays!!! I'll get to reading Ruth Chapter1....and will post for discussion on Monday 12/20

That sounds like a good idea...maybe I could put it in the title of the thread - Ruth 1 discussion Dec 20-27
Would that be good? Then Ruth 2 will start Dec 27? Make sense?

Ok is everyone ready?

I read Ruth 1 last night! I love v 16 - "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God".
It seems familiar - is this the verse that is sometimes translated as "Wither thou go, I goest"? I LOVE that verse...and I never knew it was from Ruth!!

I love the determination she had to stick with her MIL. If only we all had that intense attachment of family!!!! <3

i'll read it tonight when i get a chance once the boys are in bed, sorry ive been flat out with everything recently

:hi: Anyone out there? I keep coming back in hopes someone has posted :(

oh, I'ld really like to join please!! I'm a bit behind but will try and catch up on the reading in the next day or two and be ready for discussions. Might just be you and me Stiina but that'll be ok, right? :wink:

Yay!! Yep Terri that would be fabulous :)
I've only read Ruth 1 so you're not behind at all :hugs:

Sorry with the holidays and all.....it probably wasn't the best time for me to jump in on a new Bible study. I did read Ruth 1 but never posted on it. I will try to Re-read it and post a comment.
On another note.....so excited I am starting a Beth Moore study on Daniel this week....so excited (I'm not sure if I am more excited about the actual bible study or just the fact that I will get out of the house 1 night a week)

Still doing it! WELCOME, Rosalie! I'm just waiting for some other ladies to read and comment on Ruth 1. :hugs:

hi ladies!!!! just found this thread and am so excited! i have read ruth, but was very long ago. i love the story though. i am supposed to be going to a womens bible group at church monday nights, but am on bedrest so havent been going. i might still if im feeling ok, but its really day to day.

i will try to read ruth 1 tonight or tomorrow if its not too late.

christina- i love beth moore, she is on tv on wednesdays here in kansas.

stiina- that verse you quoted sounds like a song i hear on K-LOVE, a christian radio station. he says, where you go i'll go, where you stay i'll stay, when you move i'll move, i will follow you... cant remember who sings it or the name of the song.

Hi Melissa! Yes, I recognize that song too! I'm borrowing my dad's truck while he's on holiday, and he has XM radio and there are THREE worship stations on it!! I love it, and I have defo heard that song!

WELCOME!! :hugs:

Hi, loving this thread! Would love to be a part of it, its just i'm not always on here so regularly as i would like to be! That song is track 2 on Chris Tomlin's new album. Also stiina, is Saskatchewan where Brier Crest Bible College is? My brother is there at the moment studying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->