BIG TIME Under weight....

Ashes

Reaction score
Hey yall! Well me and my hub are WTT because I am 5'2 and only about 84 lbs....I was just put back on a med called Zyprexa and it makes me gain weight really well! I've actually gotten up to 111lbs! It's so depressing for me now that I am so under weight. Any opinions or advice on how to gain weight?!!?:nope:

Honestly you don't sound underweight at 111lbs at all :shrug: Yes you're thin but not underweight.

At 111 lbs 5'2 you fall on the low side of a normal weight range for your BMI, however, it can still be hard to conceive (I hear) if you don't weigh enough. I'm not a doctor so I don't know how big or thin you have to be to conceive but you have obviously seen a doctor (In order to get your meds) so he must think you need to gain weight.

I know you already know all this but I am saying it so you don't get more people in here telling you you don't need to gain weight when your doctor told you that you do and most likely gave you a weight to shoot for that you have not achieved yet? I'm assuming all these things obviously but I think your Dr. knows better than anyone on here does.

Your medication seems to be working well for you. I would stay on it. Are you asking for advice because you have stopped gaining weight? Cause if you are still gaining weight then I would say keep doing what you are doing. If not, It's hard for me to answer your question on how to gain weight seeing as my whole life I have been trying to lose weight.

I guess to start off before I could try to give you advice I would have to ask, why are you thin? Is it hyperthyroid? An eating disorder? Just naturally thin?

Then only advice I could really give now is work out less and eat more? I don't know. That's the opposite of what I am doing so it might work? Not sure. Sorry If I have not been helpful. :dohh:

I wish you luck.

oh NOOOOO girls.....i WANT to be at 110-111lbs....im roughly at 83 right now! im like a walking skeleton!

Oh! That makes more sense. What's your diet like at the moment?

Well I eat all the time. I actually can eat a lot but never gain. I've been under the weight charts even since I was younger...my doc always kept me on charts. Now it's like impossible for me to gain on my own. I was started on a pill like 7 years back and it helps me gain weight. I had to switch from that pill to a diff one to help me gain since the last one started to stop working since I had been on it for so long. Well the last one I was on I got off bc I got diagnosed in September with IST Heart Disease. I also suffer from Syncope(passing out) and my body doesn't absorb waters or sodium's and stuff so I'm constantly dehydrated. I just totally rabbit-trailed....my point issss.....to gain weight I HAVE to me on medicine which I just got back on the very first one I tried that worked so well and got me up to 111lbs. I'm just worried because I heard that you can't be on most meds if you are TTC which we are WTT in september. Idk what it is but without this med I can't gain weight...I can lose 2 lbs in a day very easily...I'm just at a dangerous weight right now and I've never heard or met anyone who can't gain weight when they eat like a cow! So frustrating. :growlmad:

Have u tried the build up drinks which are meal replacements but you could have along side your diet ? Must be as frustrating as trying to loose weight :hugs: there is somebody else on here that is trying to gain weight I,ll send her a pm and point her in this direction she may have some tips xx
https://backoffice.p2ulive.co.uk/Uploads/Products/e702cd14-22b7-436d-9010-8fac8585e1bd/buildupbanana.jpg

Hi, I am exactly the same. I'm 5'2 and weigh 102lbs. That makes my BMI 18.4 which classes me as underweight. I eat like there's no tomorrow and I only ever seem to lose weight. If you ever want to talk just send me a pm :)

You posted this in wtt and everyone said to go to your doctor after pages of stuff :shrug: Drinking ensure (high calorie meal supplement) will make you gain weight so perhaps try that x

Have u tried the build up drinks which are meal replacements but you could have along side your diet ? Must be as frustrating as trying to loose weight :hugs: there is somebody else on here that is trying to gain weight I,ll send her a pm and point her in this direction she may have some tips xx
https://backoffice.p2ulive.co.uk/Uploads/Products/e702cd14-22b7-436d-9010-8fac8585e1bd/buildupbanana.jpg

Lol wellll I've tried like the Boost, Ensures, Ensure plus....but since I'm lactose then its really hard for me to take those...plus the tastes makes me want to puke lol. I'm on a pill that I just got back up on and it helps put on the weight very well! Im 84 right now and my goal is 110. I've got a long way to go but I know I can do it! :happydance: That would be awesome if you could PM that girl you were telling me about that is the same boat as me! Thanks so much for your advice and help hun!:hugs:

Hi, I am exactly the same. I'm 5'2 and weigh 102lbs. That makes my BMI 18.4 which classes me as underweight. I eat like there's no tomorrow and I only ever seem to lose weight. If you ever want to talk just send me a pm :)

Really? Ya me being 84 lbs at 5'2 is so depressing:cry:...my 9 month old puppy weighs more than I do! :cry: Anyway ya my BMI is 15.2 and I eat like a cow...24/7 and its not like little things either! Its so frustrating when your thinking man I know I must have gain something and then you weigh and then its like the same or less. EERRR.:growlmad: What's your name btw? And thanks for your help love!:hugs:

You posted this in wtt and everyone said to go to your doctor after pages of stuff :shrug: Drinking ensure (high calorie meal supplement) will make you gain weight so perhaps try that x

LOL I just replied to the girl I think about you about supplements....See I've tried the ensures AND the ensure plus and also boost. See I'm lactose and they uppset my stomach so bad and they never really did anything for me at all so I'm back on a pill which the chemicals in it make me gain weight like its a miracle pill! I can't wait to go from 84-11o lbs! But I guess I can try and shove some chocolate insure plus down its just hard but really at this point I'll do anything!!! lol

Thanks sweetie!:hugs: xx

:wacko:1st you say you're 84lbs then you say you've gotten up to 111lbs then you say your 84 again and then you say the medicine helped you gain weight again...

I'm confused

:wacko:1st you say you're 84lbs then you say you've gotten up to 111lbs then you say your 84 again and then you say the medicine helped you gain weight again...

I'm confused

Oh, sorry I ramble a lot and I don't make sense a lot of the time...ask my hubby! lol I am CURRENTLY 84lbs......at one point in my life I got to my highest weight which was 111lbs. I'm 84lbs now and working towards 111lbs which is my goal or 110....around that range. I'm sorry I've I was confusing you. But ya im 84lbs right now and trying to gain up to 110-111 where I USED to be a year ago. I was put on a med that I used to be on and it helps me gain weight so I've only been on it for 4 days....I am looking forward to being at a higher weight again to be and look healthier PLUS I do not want to be 84 lbs and TTC...scares me too much at being so low in weight. Please let me know if this cleared anything up for you :flower:

:dohh:sorry I wasn't reading it right....it was late here and I was tired.

Hope you can gain a bit more weight again....unfortunately I don't have your problem but I could donate some of my weight if that helps:winkwink:

I used to work with a girl once who had similar problem to you and had to wear kids clothes etc and used to get so upset about her weight....or lack of it. She added some weight and bulk by going to the gym a few times a week and drinking a couple of those protein shakes a day , her doctor said it helped enormously and her bone density improved greatly within a year of regular gym training and aerobics:thumbup:. She didn't put an awful lot of weight on but definitely looked healthier and less frail....hope this helps:thumbup:

I have also been trying to gain weight. Used to be 7.5stone and 5foot6 (sorry don't know lbs). Ate like a horse and couldn't gain. Size 4 uk. Fell pregnant and gained 1.5 stone and so far the weight has stayed on. Not much help for you as it's a bit of a no win situation as I understand you want to gain before TTC, but just wanted to let you know your not alone and hope you gain the weight you want soon Hun x

Really? Ya me being 84 lbs at 5'2 is so depressing:cry:...my 9 month old puppy weighs more than I do! :cry: Anyway ya my BMI is 15.2 and I eat like a cow...24/7 and its not like little things either! Its so frustrating when your thinking man I know I must have gain something and then you weigh and then its like the same or less. EERRR.:growlmad: What's your name btw? And thanks for your help love!:hugs:

It's Becki. I get most frustrated with people assuming that I must have some sort of eating problems because of my frame. I used to be a size 8 quite comfortably although that was as big as I ever got pre preg. I went to a size 10 after giving birth and I was so happy but my ex abused me mentally and was always telling me I was fat and should lose weight. And unfortunately I listened to him and starved myself pretty much for a very long time. I am now a tiny size 4/6 UK size and nothing I do makes me any bigger. I am currently wearing a pair of size 6 jeans but they are too big around the waist. I have been to the doctors and they have pretty much just said that for my height I'm about right in weight so they won't give me anything :shrug:

Hi im similar too, im 115lb right now and 5 foot 10. Baby is 6 months old and weight is falling off. After my first I went down to 92lb which was down right scary, I was in hospital on a high fat diet and still losing weight:nope:
I was diagnosed with a mild hyperthyroid but even with that treated the weight does not stay on and I hate it!
My husband who massively supportive though he is refers to me as looking like a teenage boy and absolutely everyone assumes I have anorexia, even when im sat next to them eating!:cry:
However one thing I will say is that Ive managed to conceive 3 times very easily and although preemies they have been good weights and I have breastfed them all:thumbup:
I would love to know this wonder pill too please:flower:
And bexy:hugs:
Amyx

:dohh:sorry I wasn't reading it right....it was late here and I was tired.

Hope you can gain a bit more weight again....unfortunately I don't have your problem but I could donate some of my weight if that helps:winkwink:

I used to work with a girl once who had similar problem to you and had to wear kids clothes etc and used to get so upset about her weight....or lack of it. She added some weight and bulk by going to the gym a few times a week and drinking a couple of those protein shakes a day , her doctor said it helped enormously and her bone density improved greatly within a year of regular gym training and aerobics:thumbup:. She didn't put an awful lot of weight on but definitely looked healthier and less frail....hope this helps:thumbup:

Lol it's ok. Yes I would love to take some of your weight! LOL I have gained 2lbs! I'm 86 now! Well see I can't just go to the gym. I had a cheerleading accident when I was 14 and I was a flyer and a senior girl dropped me on the concrete on purpose so it broke my spine all the way down. So I have gone through 4 spine surgeries and now have 2 rods from top to bottom, 25 bolts, 3 hooks, and my spine is fused as one solid bone so I'm not really allowed to get in the gym and I love the gym. My whole life with sports and the gym until the accident...the protein shakes make me wanna puke lol. I'm on a pill to help me so I am relying on that right now! lol

I have also been trying to gain weight. Used to be 7.5stone and 5foot6 (sorry don't know lbs). Ate like a horse and couldn't gain. Size 4 uk. Fell pregnant and gained 1.5 stone and so far the weight has stayed on. Not much help for you as it's a bit of a no win situation as I understand you want to gain before TTC, but just wanted to let you know your not alone and hope you gain the weight you want soon Hun x

I'm sorry but idk what stones mean..like when you say you used to be 7.5stone...what does that mean? Jean size 00 are big on me! That is depressing. Thanks for sharing your story with me me and letting me know im not alone! means a lot to me.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->