Bikinis (oh the fear)

mrsbeano

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in my 38th week of pregnancy I got stretch marks :nope:

We have now booked a holiday for the last week of October and am not sure if i'm brave enough to wear a bikini. I think that my figure is okay again so its not that but my stretch marks are still pretty obvious.

Would you just give in to being a mum and wear a full costume?

I think either freya or fig leaves do really pretty bikinis (halter neck polka dots etc) with high waist. I tried on my sisters when I was visiting her and it was enough to cover the below belly button stretchies, but didn't look old or mumsy at all. U could try something like that? x

I think I'm gonna go for a tankini until mine fade a bit. If you feel comfortable then go for it! Xx

I have a high waisted 50s one (covers stretchmarks) and tankinis :)

Be proud of ur stretch marks, they are your art :haha: mine are quite bad still but if i had a good body id prob wear a bikini.

Or do what the others suggested? I live the high waisted look, especially in bikinis/underwear! I think its such a sexy look :haha:

ASOS has quite a good range of the high waisted ones, so I'll give them a go... good suggestion girls.

I do wish I could be proud of them but they're awful, ALL over my boobs, bottom half of my tummy and randomly, one patch on my inner thigh but only one on leg?!

Really hoping that they fade in the next 8 weeks x

I wear a bikini to a baby swimming session I go to with Lo, but I've given in to a swimming costume but got a pretty nice black one with some ruffles at the tummy for when I go to Australia. I still have quite flabby skin and lots of stretchmarks. My oh said don't be silly you've just had a baby you should be proud but I just don't want anyone looking at me funny, I feel more confident/attractive covering up. I don't know why I care as I am proud of myself for carrying my lo. I think maybe its because I still want to feel sexy and used to enjoy the odd bloke looking at me in a bikini and feel they wouldn't if I had my flabby stretchmarked tummy out. That sounds awful doesn't it lol!!

Eta: especially when my oh is so nice about it! Whoops lol

I'm going to cyprus soon and am taking tankinis and bikinis and wil decide when I get there. My weight is back to normal pretty much but my stretch marks are awfull, higher than my belly button. I don't have confidence to wear a bikini here but I think you always feel better on holiday anyway so Im taking them incase. I keep thinking oh sees them all the time anyway so why should I care about strangers I'll never see again, but it's easier said than done. X

I would if my belly wasn't like jelly. I don't care about my stretch marks I just hate the body fat, it's everywhere :( I'm just a whale at the moment lol

I wouldnt care TBH whether people would see them or not

ASOS has quite a good range of the high waisted ones, so I'll give them a go... good suggestion girls.

I do wish I could be proud of them but they're awful, ALL over my boobs, bottom half of my tummy and randomly, one patch on my inner thigh but only one on leg?!

Really hoping that they fade in the next 8 weeks x

There are loads of nice ones in Figleaves sale too :)

I went to the swimming pool today. My stretch marks are horrendous and it's only 5 weeks since I had LO but I wore my bikini. It's the only swimming costume I had and though I cared before I went in I stopped after I left the changing room. My tummy is still flabby from it too so I think that was the more embarrassing part lol x

I'd just wear the bikini. Do what you're comfortable with :)

I did, I wore a bikini with stretch marks and a bit of a jelly belly! I wanted a tan so I didn't care! I just covered up when walking around as I felt a bit uncomfortable but didn't care on the beach/pool

Wear whatever you're comfy with hun :)

Last year I just wore a bikini despite having some stretchmarks :shrug: I have them on my thighs too and backs of my knees and I wasn't planning on wearing trousers everyday so I just got on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->