Bimonthly appointments at 6 months?

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I am 27 weeks and a few days and went in for my most recent appt. last Friday. I was surprised when my Midwife said to schedule my next appointment for two weeks. I thought I would have one more monthly appointment before it went to two weeks. Is that how it goes? I have zero complications if that's a factor.

I started appointments every 2 weeks when i was 28 weeks.

I started bi weekly appointments when i hit 3rd tri then weekly when i hit 34 weeks (cuz of GD, or else they would have started at 36) and 2x a week 2 weeks ago. But I'll be induced Wednesday cuz of GD and is the only reason i go two times a week for NST

I'm pretty sure that's normal, especially for first pregnancys. I can't remember exactly when I started my bi-weekly appts with my DD, but it was around that time. Then the weekly appts were around 36 weeks I believe.

With your 2nd I don't think they are as concerned/strict. I have my apt tomorrow and I'll be almost 28 weeks so I guess I'll see if I go back in 1 month or 2 weeks! :)

Same happened to me. I went in at 27 weeks and they've started scheduling me for every 2 weeks.

That's completely normal, idk where u live but where I'm at around that time is when u start every two weeks in all pregnancies... this is my 3rd baby and I just had my 23wk app. Last Thursday and my doctor already put me at every two weeks because I've been having contractions already....

Yep I have my last monthly appt at 28 weeks on Wednesday - then I start every other week!

My OB and I agreed that there really was no point in doing biweekly appointments so early since I've a normal, easy pregnancy. I did monthly appointments up to week 34, did a biweekly appointment between week 34 and 36, and have been doing weekly since then. It's worked out great! Maybe ask your midwife if she's okay with waiting longer before doing the biweekly appointments if you don't want to go in so often early on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->