Bio-metric scanning

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
In the last month I have been to hospital so many times I could drive there in my sleep.

Update in breif

First at 20 week scan LO had dilated kidneys and calcification of the heart at 32 weeks this had corrected itself.

Then we moved house and hospital started antenatal classes.

And at 35 weeks he had 2 days of limited movement so I had to go into the hospital day clinic for monitoring twice in 24hrs, typically he decided as soon as I was straped up to the machine to give the equipment a huge kick - they decided my fundal height was measuring a bit small, and wanted to recheck the kidney and heart scans done in my last hospital.

At my growth scan they plotted his head and body measurments on a graph and while his head has developed at a stead rate, his body development has slowed. Which makes them worry the placenta isn't working correctly. So we saw a consultant, who advised for 2 weeks of bio-metic monitoring and I see him again on Halloween - if no better he said they would "start me off" :-k

In the meantime my GP's MW decided I might be breach!

But at the biometric scan he was still head down (thank god). However his fluid is measuring quite low and he is looking like being a small baby (proper growth scan on thursday). And then on friday they will decide if they want to induce early.

So I have bio-metric scanning again on Monday, and Thursday with a growth scan and then consultant on friday. And who says there is nothing to do on maternity leave?

I'm also thankful they've taken such an interest in looking after me and making sure they've done every test they can and I appreciate the oppertunity to get to see him on these scan but I'd trade it for having a more 'normal' pregnancy and knowing he was healthy. And of course I know some ladies here will have been through a lot more trumatic events in their pregnancy.

Phew! Well I feel better for sharing :blush:

Has anyone had a similar experience? And are the rumours true does induction leave to a longer and more painful labour?

:hug: Glad they're looking after you so well babes. Hope everything turns out ok for you both x x

Big :hug: hunn
You have been through the mill with this pregnancy
Here's to a nice relaxing few weeks whilst we wait for our Lo's to arrive.

Bless you hun xxx

As for induction, it can be more long and painful but not always. My friend's sister was induced in Sept. She had the 1st lot of gel in the morning. Nothing happened. She had another lot of gel in the evening and that brought on period type pain. This went on through the night till 8am the next day when suddenly she started contracting every 3 mins. She had her baby 2.5 hours later with 4 pushes!!!! She said it was a great birth! xxx

It is good that you are getting really good prenatal care. I hope things work out well for you.

I have a few friends who have been induced and they thought it went fine.

xxx

I'm glad you're getting looked after so much and might get induced early.. got to be a plus :) I think it just depends on the induction front some people seem to have awful births but then they might have had the same if they'd gone naturally? :hugs: hope your scan goes well though!!

Glad they are looking after you hun, Hope all goes well. x

Hey hun, just saw this!!! I posted in the Nov mummies threads..

I was measuring 30cm at 35 weeks so I ended up having to go for biophysicals for 2 weeks too... The first 2 scans at 35ws and 36ws bubs was still measuring very small and low fluids, and then all of a sudden at 37ws scan bubs had a huge growth and so did my fluids!

So unfortunately I dont get my induction... I had hoped for one, but it does mean she is healthy anyways.

Drink lots of water and eat alot of foods high in carbs, you will need it once bubs is born anyways.

Glad you are being looked after well. Hope all goes well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->