Birth Control Withdrawal?

MamaByrd

Cautiously pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hey ladies.

So, about 2-3 months ago I stopped taking my birth control. The past months have been filled with acne, hormone swings from hell, and other annoying hormone-induced symptoms.

My question is: Could this possibly from me finally stopping the birth control I've been taking religiously for almost 10 years, or am I stuck like this?! I don't remember how my cycles were before, but I'm hoping it's not like this.

Thanks in advance. :flower:

Totally related hun- pills regulate our hormones, our bodies get used to it in time... and when we stop, it can take time for our bodies to adjust back to their own "normal" cycle of hormones etc...

I know it sucks! I had issues going off the pill after many years- but, it did get better. I would recommend trying new face washes/lotions etc... anything to help counter balance the skin issue. I had to use acne meds for a while too! But after several months it's back on track ;)

Thank Goodness, because I don't know if I could handle it! My hormones are crazy right now. I'm totally fine and then PMS hits me like a truck. I go from perfectly happy to a dragon in a day :haha:

I've never had acne. Any good brands of washes, etc you can suggest?

OH, and the EATING!!!!!! Ovulations over & I turn into a vacuum for any food within arms reach! :munch:

Same same same! This is the second time this has happened to me. And apparently it is normal because I went to the dermatologist for my acne and she assured me that she sees a lot of patients who claim the same thing. She says the estrogen in BCP keeps yours skin clear and when you stop it your body's own estrogen isn't always enough to keep it clear. She said it will usually settle some once your body is used to producing it's own hormones again.
I use clean and clear advantage with benzoyl peroxide but it is very drying, especially as first, and you may want to try something else if your acne isn't too bad.

I've also had some trouble with hair loss and irregular periods so I'm not sure if it's because of the pill or something more sinister such as PCOS. I'm sure if acne is your only symptom that yours is from the pill and I'm hoping that it's the same for me. Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->