Birth Control?

kel3639

NTNP
Reaction score
Hello all! :hi:

I recently started a new birth control. I was on the pill Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months before this. When I picked up my new prescription my doc had prescribed me Gildess. I HATE it!! now I have missed a period an not really sure if this is okay. I haven't been on the pill since like 4 years ago and don't remember how it all worked.

A little bit more info:

I take it around 9 pm every night. Sometimes I forget and end up taking it at 12-1am.. Usually because I don't get home until then and forget to bring it.

I missed a couple of pills throughout the month.

And I did have unprotected sex around that time.

I'm not worried that I'm pregnant but just confused.. I mainly started birth control to regulate my cycle.. and it's not regular still.. So I really don't see the point in taking it because it's obviously not doing the trick.

Any thoughts?! It's been a while since I've been on BnB and miss the comfort of talking about anything!

Thank you all lovlies and have a wonderful day! :hugs:

Missing a few pills here and there will mess with your cycle and account for you missing your period when you should have had it. BCPs only "do the trick" to regulate your cycle if you take them properly. Have you considered an alternative birth control, like the patch or an IUD?

I feel your pain, its hard to remember to take it every day sometimes! Especially when you've had a hard day at work and are exhausted. Are you WTT or NTNP?

Welcome back! :flower:

When I was taking BC, I always forgot a day or two here and there. Until I took it at the same time, every day it didn't regulate my cycle. Now that I'm off BC I never have AF. but that's PCOS for ya.

I've been on both LoestrinFe and Gildess in the past and didn't notice a difference. Missing a couple pills will definitely mess with your cycle, though, even if they aren't all missed in a row.

I was actually on that exact same bc. I didn't have my period at all for the entire 6 months I was on it. My obgyn nurse said that was normal, but my pcp said it's not normal for a bc to make your body go without a period unless it's supposed to. I took myself off of it and my period started 3 weeks later, so I'm fine now. I liked not having a period, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Maybe your would be better on something longer acting like an implant or injection it coil, then you wont forget it

Thank you all for your responses. I'm mainly taking it to have a normal period because mine is so out of whack. I was doing that to hopefully make it easier to get pregnant with a regular cycle. This is why I don't want any other birth control. If it was up to me.. I would have a wonderful cycle and not need this pill in the first place. :haha: But let's face reality.. That doesn't exist lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->