Birth Partners - Who did you have

I am an expecting single parent and will have my mom there with me. im not comfortable with this labor thing but hey it has to be done so why not have the person who really has seen it all haha and i think it could bring yall closer :)

goodluck

First time with my daughter I had my mum and then partner, mum was great.

When I had LO now, I took myself to hospital with all my bags for my induction at 7.30am I travelled in style on the bus! lol spent the whole day up until 5pm on my own, FOB came up (first time i had seen him during my pregnancy cos he a twat and i kept him away) stayed for few hrs then he went my waters broke about 9.30ish he came up about 10pm i had baby at 2.15am. To be honest I didn't even notice he was there! he was just a blur that sat in the chair! and next day he strolled up hospital at 5pm when baby was being taken down to Scbu. I had two midwifes stay in the labour room with me throughout never left the room but each hospital is different.

It can be done on you own I believe, I was prepared to do it alone 2nd time around. Its a very personal experience to share with someone else and can be a experience that bond with whomever u share it with (erm except in my case it wasn't with FOB) but I was my lil sis birthing partner 3times. Things you have to consider is if you are going to do it alone is how will you bring baby home (transport) making sure you have everything you need or do have someone you can call in emergency if need be. I had my daughter running things up hospital as my stay was longer than planned (I dont have family living nearby). I would also speak to you midwife and discuss your birth plans and let them know if you intend to do this without a birth partner they usually ask anyway and they may arrange some additional support for you during labour if you require.

wish you all the best whatever you choose to do.

I honestly said I was happy to do it on my own but my friend had ha 5 kids and said I couldn't possibly go it alone so she said she'd be my birthing partner. I was still with FOB at the time but he'd made it clear he didn't want to be there.

Anyway I was glad she was there through the induction as that part was long and boring but I ended up having both of them there for the birth until the end when my friend had to leave so FOb was the only one there (she had to force him not to leave me on my own for the last hour of labour).. as it turns out the two of them were keeping secrets from me about some 'serious flirting' that went back a year or so and I only found out after I split with FOB 6 weeks later.

Now I really wish I'd stuck to my plans and had no one there as the memories of the birth are so tainted now by the betrayal of both of them. I only needed FOB there to give me a sip of water after every intake of gas and air because it made my mouth so dry... a student midwife could have done that just as well and I' have got a lot more support from them:shrug: and I am also pretty sure that my Birthing Partner will have gone round to all her friends/family telling them every embarrassing detail of birth so I don't think my privacy was particularly respected either.

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, it's your body and your baby :) xx

Edit; oh but the only reason that I did want someone aroun at the time was I thought I would nee the support if something had gone wrong with LO so maybe think of someone you want on standby for support if there is someone.

xxx

thanks everyone for your comments. At the moment i dont have anyone I trust enough or want to share the experience with. You never know this might change over the next six months.

Think going to ask to have a student midwife or someone that can be there the whole way through so Im not on my own and have my mum on standby if I need anything or change my mind, she can also help me get home etc afterwards.

Thanks again for all your comments, youre all lovely xx

I had a "good friend" Kinda wish I didn't now. Fob turned up just before LO was born, but he was outside the entire time - he knew I didn't want him in there and he didn't want to be in the room either!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think I'll be labouring alone this time, OH has just left me and I dont have any close friends, and im not really close with any of my family. It doesn't really worry me too much, my last 2 labours were 20 minutes and 10 minutes long.. even the midwife didn't make it here so chances are even if I had someone I wanted to be here with me... they probably wouldn't make it anyway! lol

I do agree with the other girls tho, for a 'normal' labour, I~ would deffo want someone with me, my first 2 labours were only 6 and 2 hours long, but thats a loooong time to sit alone when you're going through so much! Hope it all works out ok either way :)

I had FOB at the time but would have preffered my Mum, he was no help and didnt even talk to me x

I had my mum with me. I was induced but didn't go into labour so had a section and she was just amazing throughout x

My step dad spent 2 days hanging around in the corridors too :rofl:

I had my sister with me and most definitely put her off childbirthfor life :haha:

I had my mum and my cousin.

Have someone whos close to you and understands you. Believe me when the time comes you wont want to do it alone!

I had my mum & fob .... If i got pregnant again id just have me and fob there :) x

I had my mum and my cousin.

Have someone whos close to you and understands you. Believe me when the time comes you wont want to do it alone!

Its hard as my problem is there isnt anyone I'm feel close enough with to want to be there with me.

FOB has decided to do a complete runner on Tuesday. So definately not going to be him now. Really do think I am going to do it alone.

just started thinking about this post again as I know it is only a matter of time until the midwife starts getting me to write my birth plan.

Anyone else on here currently pregnant who is thinking about going it alone.

I have thought about it alot over the last six months and I really just dont want anyone else in there with me.

Loads of people think I'm crazy and I will change my mind when the time comes, but I honestly dont think I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->