Birth Partners - Who did you have

Hey Jess,

I was in your exact same predicament for quite some time. On 9/26 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, and I did it completely alone. I had come to settle on having my father in with me, after everyone told me I was crazy and would change my mind. But when the time came, I was completely fine and ready to do it. I had done my entire pregnancy alone and somehow mustered the strength to get through it, so I thought, why have someone else at the finale?

To be honest, between the 2 nurses holding my knees back and the doctor screaming at me to push (and the 2 hours I spent pushing) I was too exhausted and in the moment to even care that nobody was around! And then I wasn't alone at all, I had my little pumpkin :happydance:

Just wanted to let you know - go with your heart. If you feel comfortable alone, do it!

I feel exactly the same as you did, not going to let anyone keep pressuring me now and stick to my guns, thank you xxxx

I feel exactly the same as you did, not going to let anyone keep pressuring me now and stick to my guns, thank you xxxx

I think it's brave of you if you do decide to do it alone. I've asked my sister to be there for me. FOB wants to be there (last time we spoke about it) but he's coming all the way from Canada so I'm not counting on him getting the timing right.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.:hugs:

Don't get me wrong...if there was ANYBODY I was super close with, believe me, I would've asked in a heartbeat to stay near me. But there is just nobody right now in my life that I feel that way about so basically for me it came down to...do I want just someone I'm kind of close with in there for the biggest moment of my life, or is it better to just do it alone?

Don't get me wrong...if there was ANYBODY I was super close with, believe me, I would've asked in a heartbeat to stay near me. But there is just nobody right now in my life that I feel that way about so basically for me it came down to...do I want just someone I'm kind of close with in there for the biggest moment of my life, or is it better to just do it alone?

I agree if there was anyone I was close enough to I would, but there really isnt and I dont want to share it with someone that isnt close and ultimately, probably wont be around in the future.

It makes me sad but its just the way it is, think I would find it much more stressful to have someone I wasnt 100% comfortable with there with me :-( xx

I had my mom and sister..

You should definitely have somebody in there with you..
At least I know I would have felt very isolated if I didn't have them with me.. Which isn't something I'd like to feel while birthing my child..

As someone whos had there oh with them for last 2 births. I would be happy to go it alone. Ive never been alone without a mw anyway and find they are more helpful than anyone else. men can get in the way. But if i had no one else which might happen this time if we cant get a babysitter for our other 2 it wouldnt bother me to do it alone. as long as u have a nice mw and get on well you will be fine

I'm going to have my Mum with me and to be perfectly honest I may have even gone with that choice even if I had a partner as my Mum knows how to reassure me and calm me and she has had kids herself obviously. No offence to Mum's with partners but apart from letting the guy see his kid being born, I don't see how they can be as supportive and understanding as another female with you. Just my opinion. If I didn't have my Mum I would just do it alone or maybe ask my sister-in-law, I wouldn't ask my Dad or Brother at all.

My mom, sister and doula. I wouldn't want my fob, and I didn't give my daughters sperm donor the option. I don't want an ex bf in the room with me. lol my mom is my birthing partner again though, she was last time too

My sister has become very supportive and everything the dad should have been [sounds odd but I don't mean that in a creepy way!]. I'll be thrilled to have her in with me when the time arrives!

I had my mum.

I went into labour at 37 weeks and Mollie was breech. The hospital was amazing, they monitored me until my mum got there. It was 11pm at night, she was in bed and had to make a 150 mile trip!

We had a relaxed c-section with an amazing surgeon. I am so glad she was there. Couldn't have done it without her :)

Im having no one with me, have just split with my husband of 14years cause he has other priorites in life so its just me on my own this time x

My mother and FOB were with me. I couldn't of done it without my mom.

my mother and sister will be there.. i have also got a few close friends who are fighting to be in there, but theyre gonna have to wait outside:p

my mom, then me and quin spent our 1st night in the hospital alone which was awful because i had a very mean nurse :(

I would want someone with me. Maybe my mum. I was with FOB when I had the twins but I dont know if I could do it all alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->