Birth Partners - Who did you have

jessrabbit

Reaction score
Just wondering who you all had as birth partners? FOB isnt interested

TBH I cant think of anyone I actually want in there with me, but everyone keeps telling me I wont be able to do it on my own. I am kinda thinking well I have to do everything else on my own, so how is this any different?

im having my mum and a doula with me.

i think its important to have someone with u as it can be so scary giving birth, u could talk to ur mw and see if u can get a student mw to be with u and well be ur birthing partner on the day

my 1st i had my nan and partner, 2nd i had my partner, nan, step mum, and auntie lol. When i finally get pregnant with my 3rd im planning on having my partner and best friend with me. i dont think you should go through it alone, i wudnt have liked to. best of luck xx

p.s if anyone was wondering why i never had my mum, she sadley passed away when i was a young child :'( xx

i dont mean this to sound rude charbaby as i agree with u its important to have someone with u but no its use to a single parent telling them ur planning on having ur OH with u

Just cant think of anyone I want, if am was going to have someone would probably want someone I know, but moved halfway across the country a few years back and dont have any close friends up here. Not practical to have any of my old friends because of the distance. Just not comfortable having my mum, we rub each other up the wrong way and think I would find it too stressful having her with me. Has anyone on here done it on their own?? Do you wish you hadnt?

i dont mean this to sound rude charbaby as i agree with u its important to have someone with u but no its use to a single parent telling them ur planning on having ur OH with u

im sorry if my comment upset you but the question asked who did u have so i was simply answering the question. :dohh:

Jessrabbit i hope you find someone you feel comfortable with and have a happy pleasent labour xx

me and my mum dont get on but after giving birth once (when my oh was here) was hard enough and it can be along time to be on ur own.

ofcourse its possible to do it on ur own but ule find the mws at the hospital will leave u alone for most of it, so ule have hours alone and in pain.

there is one girl on here who is thinking about giving birth alone, but everyone also suggested to her why not ask if u can get a student mw to be with u

im sorry if my comment upset you but the question asked who did u have so i was simply answering the question. :dohh:

Jessrabbit i hope you find someone you feel comfortable with and have a happy pleasent labour xx

and its posted in the single parent section

I had my mum - was very glad in the end because she's been through labour and birth so many times, she knew what to expect which kept me calm. It also kind of stopped me from playing up the pain, iykwim, because she'd done it herself - I took it more in my stride than I might have if my birth partner hadn't given birth before.

I wouldn't rule your mum out - you might find that you get on better as your pregnancy progresses because you'll have more in common. There is something about having children which changes your relationship to other mothers.

and its posted in the single parent section

i didnt even realise that as i just seen it on unread posts, but like i said im sorry if it affended her,

I had my mum, i dont think i would have liked to have been on my own

x

I had my mum.

While i was pregnant i didnt really want her there, id have just rather did it on my own. But i didnt have the heart to say no to her.

Anyways when i was in labour i was so glad i did! Id have been happy with a stranger off the street so long as i was not alone! lol Obviously you have to do what you are comfortable with, but for me personally, i was quite scared, and it calmed me down a bit having my mum there!

x

I plan on having my best friend, the baby's father's mom and sister, and my grandmother present for the birth.

Do you have a close friend that has been through it?

My birth partner is my best friend. She has been through it before and is a very strong person. I didn't want someone that would say "there, there, its ok" and pat me on the head. When I'm pushing a baby out of my vagina... its not ok!! lol

I would actually love for my mom to be there, but she has a crazy job (her and my dad drive truck together) so its not likely she'll actually be home for the event.

I have never gone through labor and delivery before, but I can't imagine doing it alone. I'd try to think of someone you trust above all others and ask them to be there. You're going to want the support!

probably having my best mate and/or FOB if I feel I can handle him there. We'll see

I split with FOB when 7 months pregnant... I agreed to him being at the birth(I wouldn't have if I'd seen into the future and seen wot would of happened once she was here) & my mum... That was actually my most terrifying thing when I moved back home at 7months pregnant.. I'm so close to my mum but she can irritating sometimes & I thought she'd annoy me & reeeeeeeeeally didn't want her there... But she was fantastic.. & If I ever have more children I want her there 100% even if I have an OH. I seriously think u should consider ur mum... I agree with the others, I think u should def have someone. xx

I had my mum and my best friend with me :flower: xx

With my first child i was at my brother and sister-in-law's house and ended up having my daughter there 2 days early no one but me and my sister-in-law and midwife got there righrt before i was ready to push(thank god). For my triplets i'm going to have soon i'll only have my best friend and my midwife. And i very much agree with everyone else you should have someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->