Birth story Summer Poppy 24/8/11 fast first labour!

marina294

Mum to 2 DD's
Reaction score
Hey all ill try to keep it short . I was 38+4 and had a football match to go to with OH up london in the evening when half way through the match i started feeling uncomfortable tightenings but thought nothing of it as they werent painful and were irregular this continued until we go home about 11.30pm.
I went to the toilet and noticed a slight trickle after i had weed sorry if tmi but also pink on the tissue when i wiped and told my OH i think it a show but everytime i got up i felt more litttle trickles he said to me as long as it is not your waters lol! i put a pad on ang got into bed and as soon as i laid down i started getting mildly painful contractions and could sit still so i went downstairs on my ball and around 1.00 i felt a bigger gush whilst on the ball contractions were coming evry 3-5 min lastin between 20-40 secs.
I rang triage who said they are not lasting long enough and she wasnt sure if my waters had gone but stay at home and come in at 8.30 am to see if my waters had gone but i was probably in for a long wait. So i took 2 paracetemol and ran a bath but couldnt get comfy so got back on my ball breathing through them flooded 3 sets of pjs so was definitely my waters by 4 am they were starting to get quite painful the only way i can describe it was like my hips were in a vice and the pressure was crushing them the bath helped alleviate some of this-i was starting to make a fair amount of noise at this point that oh woke up started timing them every 2-3 mins lasting 40- 60 secs he told me to get out after my contraction he was taking me in and i kept saying i dont want them to say im 2-3cm an d send me home!!
As soon as i got out they were on top of each other every 60-90 sec the pressure was unbelievable i started telling OH we wernt going to make it we rushed bits in the car and got to hospital at 6 am he had to park in ambulance bay to get to a and e as i was in soo much pain now i was mooing like a cow lol.-got to triage and was examined and found to be 9cm with an anterior lip i couldnt believe it thay gave me gas and air brilliant stuff!!!!! OH had to rush down and move car i thought he wasnt going to make it back i started pushing 15 mins later squatting because of the lip the relief when you push is amazing 45 mins later my little girl was born at 06.59am weighing 7lb 50z 22 inches long.:cloud9: i wont lie when she crowned i thought i had tore down the front it burnt so much but later found out i had no tears just small grazes. The placenta came 15mins later and didnt hurt at all in total my labour was 7 hpurs and 15 mins from start to finish.
Honestly girls they are totally worth it and you do forget the pain.

My little madam struggled to latch though so had to express colustrum and top up with formula by day 4 when my milk came in my community midwife got her to latch ans so far no top ups she is still a little fussy at the boob but getting there slowly.

Im still a little sore from the grazes but we are both doing well
Thank you for reading my story i loved reading everyone elses!

congratulations, great story.Its always dissapointing as a first timer when u read someones 'quick' birth story and realise its like their 3rd baby. yours was great well done x x

Congratulations!! :hugs:

My established labour was 3 hours 2 minutes... from start to finish it was almost 4 days :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->