Birthday cake ideas etc

T

Tilly

Hi all,

Bethanie's birthday is on the 19th and im planning on giving her a small family get together in the evening with a fairy theme. I want to make her a victoria sponge.. how do you reckon I should decorate it?? any ideas would really be appreciated!! Im thinking pink and lilac colours and I have some cake glitter, so if anyone knows what I use to make that stick to the cake, that would be great!

Thanks!

No help to you Tilly but picsssssssss when you made it :D

Hi, some sellers on ebay will do you a personalised cake topper with your pic or design on at a reasonable price, just search for "personalised cake topper". If you are not good on the pc then I could probably do you a design if you have an idea, just pm me.

I think if you mix some sugar with water and paste it on the cake then sprinkly your glitter on it will stick, I'm not a cake maker though.

yea i agree id you make a watery sugar syrup and brush it onto cake then use your glitter it will stick also the syrup will dry clear so wont ruin the other icing xx

Im making one for OH for his birthday as a polar bear :) It was in the asda magazine

xxx

Thanks all

Well, I do love to make cakes but this time of year is so expensive with christmas and for us anyway as everyones birthdays seem to be september-december so I was lazy and bought a dora cake. Im going to sprinkle a little bit of glitter on it anyway and will use the rest of the glitter for my brothers christmas cake that i've made him.

Next year she will defo have a cake made!

Will post pics of that instead, thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->