Birthday Parties

candeur

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

I'm not really a fan of kids parties and haven't planned one myself for either of my two yet. Their dad (ex) however has done two for DD (last one I didn't go). So when he brought up my DS's 6th birthday party a few weeks ago I jumped on it without thinking and said that I want to plan it.

Now I'm regretting it :( I've paid for the leisure centre and face painter and sent out 31 invites to his class. That was a week ago and since then I only had one RSVP and it was a no.... I've been on FB into my school's social page and posted about it there and I've had a few more replies.... 4 yes's and 5 no's.

I suffer quite badly from anxiety and I'm tearing myself up over no one coming and DS being upset :( I work full time so don't have much of a relationship with the school mums, they probably wouldn't know who I am if they saw me as my mum does the school run so I've always felt at a bit of a disadvantage as they're all friends. But that's not DS's fault :(

Is it normal for not many to RSVP? or to have a less than expected turn out? will it ruin his party? he's so excited and my heart breaks at the thought of not many kids showing up.

To make it worse ex will be there and without a doubt it this flops he'll come down on me about it. Feeling really worried about the whole thing and wish I hadn't started it.

Out of curiosity does the party fall during the Summer holidays? If so, this is probably a big reason why... people tend to go away or make plans, i know quite often we cant make parties in school holidays. With my Son (Aug baby) we used to do it when they returned in Sept instead.

I would post again on the fb page or pm the parents and just push for a yes or no. If youre worried about a low turn out, could you invite friends kids from outside the school to boost the numbers? I honestly dont think you will need to as he will have a great time regardless but i do understand your concerns x

Does he have any kids in the family, friends outside school, neighbours etc you could invite too? I have only ever done one party, dd1s 5th birthday (dd2 is having a 5th party too) and I don't remember receiving loads of rsvps but my goodness alot of people turned up to the party. I think with it being the holidays as well, alot of people maybe wont know until nearer the time if they can make it, and I'm sure some will just turn up.

Thank you for your replies :) It is during the school holidays unfortunately... His birthday is on the 14 August, but we're having the party on the 5th, just so that it wasn't right in the middle of the holidays.

I think I just wish people will let me know either way.... there's a limit of 30 children allowed, I've invited 31 from his class... enough have RSVP'd now to allow me to invite a couple of kids within the family but without everyone else replying I don't know if I can invite anymore otherwise we'll be over capacity if people did just decide to show up. It's so frustrating :( I guess I just need to keep at them and hopefully you're right and DS won't notice and will have a great time regardless xx

I had dd's first ever "friends" party this past May. She was turning 5. She had been in her school, PreK, all year so I invited the class of 22 kids. I asked for RSVPs and received none! 2 kids showed up. DD, being 5, was excited and had a great time and said it was the best day ever. LOL I was so worried about her being disappointed. I've since talked to other moms and it seems people just don't RSVP, or if they do, it's only if they are coming. It makes it terribly hard to plan. You've already got a few kids coming, so I'm sure your son will be excited and happy. I don't think they need a lot, and are just happy if they have a few they can play with.

Oh, and I think it's fine to go ahead and invite whomever you wish once the date gets really close. If someone shows up without having RSVP'd, and the venue is full, you can politely explain that you didn't expect them to be there since you didn't hear from them. Anyone should understand.

I feel you chick, I am going through the same thing. My DDs 5th party isn't until the week after the school holidays (in Scotland we are already half way through our holidays), but I had to send out invites to her class before they broke up for the holidays. I have invited the neighbours kids and her friends outside of nursery and so far have about 10 kids confirmed. I have invited 29 (if you include the siblings aswell). Apparently my friend told me its pretty common not to get rsvp until a week or 2 before hand. Ours in late August so I knwo its 4 weeks away but Iam panicking.

I plan on making up the food plates in order to save time as we have a magician coming and o ly 45 mins to eat and do the show so I really need firm numbers. Ugh I have heard this is most definitely the worst bit about kids parties! I would post on the Facebook page again if that's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->