Birthing partners... when the time comes, who will be yours?

My MIL is all set on wanting to be my birthing coach-and she is a midwife and everything-but while I don't mind her helping me, I want my DH to be the one beside me :)

There is no way I want my mother there. She is a total hypochondriac and always has everything worse than everyone. I just know that right after the birth when they weighed the baby she would be "oh, thats nothing, you were xx!" I'd probably smack her in the face. I definitely want to have my oh there and he definitely wants to be there.

I want my OH with me - he's not getting out of it that easily!! He has already said he intends to be there so that's one less thing for me to worry about.

Hi,

I would defo want my partner there just me and him :O) xxx

There is no way I want my mother there. She is a total hypochondriac and always has everything worse than everyone. I just know that right after the birth when they weighed the baby she would be "oh, thats nothing, you were xx!" I'd probably smack her in the face. I definitely want to have my oh there and he definitely wants to be there.

what date you getting married? sorry i know its nothin to do with this thred its just it looks very similar to my status on fb?

I would definitely not want my mum there. I just don't. Not sure about OH; he wants to be there I think and at the moment I wouldn't mind him being there, not sure at the time. He's also quite squeamish, so chances are he'd be passing out/throwing up... Think it'd be special to him to be there though. :)

x

I think I would definately need my mum there, if not to comfort me, but to snap me out of being a big baby lol. I'm extemely close with my mum, and I'm sure she has seen me in worse states than labour. I wouldn't care what end she was standing either. :rofl: She's pretty organised with this kind of stuff, she would be telling the midwives what to do I think :rofl: And she has always been around for me, so I know she would be pretty hurt if I told her I didn't want her there.
On the OH front, it depends what kind of person I end up having a baby with, I would like for the father to be there, I would be pretty hurt if he didn't want to be in the room to cut the cord. But I can't really say much more on that atm.
xxx

When i have my kids i plan on having them at home. My oh and mum will be there and no doubt my cuz would be there as well as she cant miss anything!

My OH HAS to be there. It takes 2 to make a baby and those 2 people are going to be there at the birth, whether it kills him or not. He has a major phobia of needles, but I have some major phobia that I am going to have to overcome so he can like it or lump it! :rofl:
As for my mum I would like her to be around because she is my comfort at all times and my rock but I dont think she should be there at the birth because it will be something special for me and OH to experience together.
Also no doubt MIL (or future MIL) will be there as she tends to be there when anything is going on and cannot miss ANYTHING. lol. Dont think my mum will be too happy about that though.... lol

When i have my kids i plan on having them at home. My oh and mum will be there and no doubt my cuz would be there as well as she cant miss anything!

:rofl: i wonder who that cousin could be!

I think my partner would be grossed out and never want sex with me again if he saw me give birth. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind him being there. I'd love for him to be there so we could share even more intimacy. I would love it if he could kiss me during labor. I told him I was willing to have sex up until the baby came out,and I'm serious.

I want my OH to be there but he is really squeamish and have a funny feeling he will need more doctors than me lol. Plus Ill need someone to tell me to shut up and get on with it when im going 'Im tired, i dont want to have a baby anymore' :rofl: but my mum would be more useless (all her kids were c section) than my OH so I dont know who I would have there...I think my OH's brothers girlfriend would be best, we get on really well and shes done it all before.

I had my husband by my side the entire time. Held his hand most of the time. There is no way I would give birth with any of our kids without him. He is as much a part of the babies birth as I am. He said that he thought it would be gross, espically from seeing videos of births. But it wasn't to him. He gained a new appreciation for me after seeing our son be born. He doesn't find me less attractive now or anything, and he says my lady bits look the exact same way they did before he was born. I honestly don't think its fair to ask the father to not be present, unless of course they don't want to be for whatever reason. I told my husband before hand to make it peaceful for me, and thats exactly what he did. He didnt talk unless I talked to him and made sure it was nice and quiet in the room. I loved it and am looking forward for our next birth in the future. I also had my mom and my dad in the room with me. They were also really quiet and I kept forgetting they were there. I want my mom and mother in law with me next time, and ofcourse my husband.

I will def be having both my DH and my mum with me.

DH is a bit sqeemish unless its on "jackass" or something so I dont wanna be left on my tod if he faints or something so thats why my mummy will be there too. However, If I am living closer to my family by the time birth comes round then I will be opting for a home birth and to be honest the world and his wife could be there, I dont mind as long as once baby is born they all sod off so it can be just me, DH, baby and midwife present.

Cor that was long winded!

Sarah
xxxxxx

I had my mam there at ambers birth she was brilliant!!
Sadly OH couldnt make it - he wasnt to keen anyways, for many reasons.
Next 1 i deffo want him to be there - i havent clue how he will react. It will certainly be fun haha

OH and I are always talking about it and from what he's describing to me, he thinks birth is going to the waaaaaay more gross than it actually is hahaha He seems to think we're going into the battle of Normandy scene from Saving Private Ryan. Maybe we are, but I highly doubt it.....but maybe he'll see it that way anyway hahaha

My mum,sister and cousin where with me when i had my 3 children,My hubby was there when i had my son also as we have moved away from my mum now (and although i would love her to be there this time too) My hubby will be the one one with me lol not sure what good he's gonna be but "hey ho" I think he would throw a fit if i said he couldnt be there again lol

oh,
dad
best mate
mil

just me n oh n midwife when its down to the gritty bit

my oh will be there army allowing grr arg,

and i want my dad with me til im in active labour, my dad always gets me thru everythin, i lost my mum on 2006 :( so she;ll be there in spirit,

my best friend will of had her 2nd baby by time i get round to getting pregnant so i'll hope for her to be about for some of it to tell me it;ll b worth it,

mil will probs want to b there ..... not to keen on that idea like,

I haven't read the whole thread, but my OH was mine and he was absolutely brilliant. I couldn't have done it without him. The main thing was he repeated everything the midwife was saying to me (when I was pushing I couldnt really listen to her) and I could take it in when he said it! I wasn't sure how he'd be either, but just shows you doesn't it! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->