Birthing partners... when the time comes, who will be yours?

I would like to have my OH there - he's pretty chilled out & relaxed - I think he'd do well. I would actually love to have my mum there but she's flatly refused - she's a midwife & she says the urge to take over & make sure everything is going as it should be would be too much pressure for her! However the bonus of that is that she's told me which midwives she wants me to have & I have my own Q&A facility right there throughout pregnancy and antenatal-wise ;) I know that if I have any probs that she would help to get me any necessary treatment straightaway! Yay for mums :)

I'd want my OH and thats it. I have no specific friends or family that I trust 100% to be there for me other than him. If hes not there for any reason im going through it alone! lol xx

Been thinking about this and I'd quite like my OH to deliver our baby :) I'd only want him there, in the water bath with me and a midwife on hand.

xx

It want just my hubby there (plus all the nurses, etc.), same as when we had Kathryn. He thought the whole process of the pregnancy and labour was very interesting, and though I ended up needing a c-section he really wanted to look over the curtain (he didn't though!). I'l be getting a c-section next time too (b/c of scaring) and luckily only one person can be with you in the operating room(besides the doctors, nurses, etc.), so I can have just my DH there.

I don't want to go it alone, so I guess my OH will have to be there, though I'm quite certain he'd rather be just about anywhere else.

I would want my OH there, he was great the first time round (though I remember him telling me to push in the same voice he yells at the rugby, a bit off putting lol). I am close to my mum but I would feel uncomfortable having her there and there is no way I would want my MIL there! xxx

I want my OH there. We've chatted about my mum being there but he's not particularly comfortable with that, although he'd let her if I was adamant... I'm not sure - don't want them fighting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->