Bit anxious- please advise

rita lewis

Reaction score
Hi all!
Waiting for my anomaly test results (down sindrome)... cant help thinking something is wrong... I am getting really anxious... possibly for no reason, as midwife said if there is something not quite right i would get to hear pretty quickly...
Bllod took last thursday and she said she would give me a ring today, but that had it been high risk i should hear something before...

Because i have parvovirus and going in for weekly scans i am naturally nervous about averything at the moment... been feeling slight movement since 16 weeks, but havent felt anything since friday so getting a bit worried...
advice anyone? Am i the only one feeling a bit edgy all the time?

Hiya
You should try NOT to worry, as they say no news is good news. I had the nuchal scan at 12 weeks and the sonographer said that they would call me straight away if they found a problem, or a reason to worry, they called 3 days later to say everything is fine.

I know its easier said than done, hopefully you will get the call this morning then you can try and enjoy the rest of the day, I wish with some of these tests they could just give us the results there and then, save any extra worry that we really don't need.

Take care and hope you get good news VERY soon.
x

i wouldnt worry too much if there was something wrong im sure they would have rung you by now!!

Hi,
as the others have said try not to worry, I had my tests done on a Tuesday and they sent me a letter by the Thurs as I had come back high risk for downs (1 in 44) even if you do get a high risk though try not to worry, as they are not completly accurate. I had the amnio to make sure one way or another to prepare and all was fine with baby x

midwife just rang, and my result was very low 1 to 9500. Happy to now, as i have enough with my weekly routine scans to worry about!:happydance:

thats brilliant news really pleased for you, one less thing to worry about x

Oh was just about to say try and not stress b/c I'm sure it'll all be fine :D

Glad it is X

I'm glad your test results came back great! Do you get pictures at your weekly scans. Since I get one every 1-4 weeks and they give me pictures everytime...I have quite a collection growing. The only good thing about the extra worry of all the extra scans.

Was just about to say try not to stress but you got the results. Glad its low risk for you hun :hugs:, I have mine on Thurs and am now getting a bit nervous xx

I'm glad your test results came back great! Do you get pictures at your weekly scans. Since I get one every 1-4 weeks and they give me pictures everytime...I have quite a collection growing. The only good thing about the extra worry of all the extra scans.

yes, i get pictures most of the times, which is great!
x

Was just about to say try not to stress but you got the results. Glad its low risk for you hun :hugs:, I have mine on Thurs and am now getting a bit nervous xx

Good luck! fingers crossed for you!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->