Bit concerned abt cloth nappies

P

purple_socks

I've just started using cloth nappies on Kian (only part time atm til we build up our stash) and i think kian must b quite a heavy wetter coz currently i've gotta change them every 2 hours and even then he still has quite a wet bottom! He's recently got quite a sore little patch of nappy rash which he never got with 'sposies...does anyone have an advice/ tips?

We're using flips with stay dry inserts...and i've also got a couple of pre loved naughty babies from ebay (which r just as absorbant as the flips atm) I've washed the flips 3 times so far so i know they aren't at the max absorbancy yet but is changing every 2 hours quite often? TBH they could prob do with being changed more oftem than that coz they end up soaking by then.

I've yet to use any cloth nappies at night bcoz of how full they get in the day...what brands should i use at night?

i really like the idea of kian having a cloth bum but atm due to how often we have to change him and how wet and sore his skin is getting DH isn't convinced :-(

Help me! :shrug:

Maybe try the organic inserts as they are more absorbant? Or adding a booster? I use bamboozles at night for Imi and they are fab :) It could just be that those nappies don't suit him so you may need to try some more x

Molly is a heavy wetter and the organic flips are fab... she actually manages to go 5-6 hours at night! What I would recommend is washing them a lot more, 5 times should be the minimum for any decent absorbency, and also making/purchasing fleece liners as these are far better at remaining dry against baby's skin no matter how soaked the nappy is.

For night time, huggles with a wrap are exceptional. I didn't get on with mine as they dried out too much but if you're good at keeping inserts soft they're 100% the best night time nappy I've tried. A touch bulky and take forever to dry but that's what you get for such great absorbency. In the day, try an issy bear... pricey but the insert included is mega thirsty and Molly can do a good 3/4 hours in those.

There are loads of options for heavy wetters but say dry flips are probably not what I'd pick. Don't give up, just try different things. Get preloved and see how you get on with things. Clothnappytree.com is full of well priced nappies.

what they said...

i used to use tots bots bamboozes with a trifold smart nappy insert and wrap at night, they worked great, but they do give a huge bum, Aimee wasnt bothered by it but more recently we've gone with Holdens Landing Bedbugs, which are great but can be pricey; cloth nappy tree usually has a few people selling them cheaper though
we also use weenotions night notions (old style) which are also ace night nappies, they recommend to use these during the day for heavy wetters too.we also have a wild child night nappy; these come with a piggyback booster set, the boosters all snap together so you can add more or remove them to suit your needs, pretty sure their day nappys have those too or you can buy the booster set on its own and try it in another nappy

I second the fleece liner thing. Anything but fleece against Miss M's bum (including 'sposies) and she'll get a rash.

If you are looking for nice and absorbant but less expensive pocket diapers to fill out your stash, Kawaii diapers on ebay have worked really well for us!!!

:)
A

I just read the other day that babies that have been in disposables for awhile and then change to cloth can get a bit rashy until they are used to cloths because they are so used to the chemicals that trap moisture in disposables.
I've only recently started with cloth as well and am trying out as many reputable brands as I can to see what works best for us.

I just read the other day that babies that have been in disposables for awhile and then change to cloth can get a bit rashy until they are used to cloths because they are so used to the chemicals that trap moisture in disposables.
I've only recently started with cloth as well and am trying out as many reputable brands as I can to see what works best for us.
That's interesting. Darwin's botty is looking a bit red today, we've just switched to reusables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->