bit of a down thread, need positive weight loss stories

upsy daisy1

Reaction score
just wanted to get this out, a bit pointless but feel so alone in this at the moment. my oh is so slim with a fast matabolism so never has to watch what he eats. but me, i only have to look at a cake and i put on the pounds. before i had my lo (nearly 3 years ago) i weighed 63 kilos. at full term i was 74 kilos. well now i weight 75 kilos!!! the heaviest i have ever been. i feel so uncomfortable and big. people tell me your not fat and ok i understand that im not huge but for my body i feel big and uncomfortable. my clothes dont fit, and im flabby on every part of my body. everyone round me is half my size and it makes me so down about myself.i have just got out of quite a bad phase of depression and anxiety that put me in hospital and i just want to be happy now but this just always bothers me, my oh doesnt understand and says i need to stop letting it rule my life, but its my life. its all i think about and the more it upsets me the more i want to comfort eat to get rid of that horribe space i feel. im not big but for the first time i went and got size 14 clothes and they are fitting perfect. i dont want to be this way. i look in the mirror and feel so down with the way i look. it just doesnt suit me, i look swollen. but i try to loose it and i end up so dishartened and down when i look at myself i cant stick to it. so please has anyone got any positive weight loss stories to help me along this journey and help with motivation. sorry if this was long, and thanks for reading

Hello there, i just wanted to say i know your pain, there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in your own skin xx you are not alone, i think its 95% of women are unhappy with their body's.

Rather than thinking about how horrible you feel, why not try concentrating on how nice it will feel when you shift those pounds and how nice your clothes will look. Hold onto that feeling rather than the depressing feelings you have now. :hugs:

Have you joined any weight loss groups such as Slimming World or Weight Watchers? The support you get from one on one contact might benefit you. Especially if you have to share what you've ate with everyone.

If you don't want to join one of them why not something like My Fitness Pal? Many women here use it and the support there is great. It'll calculate how many calories you need to eat etc based on your height, current weight, goal weight etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->