Bit of help

May I just suggest that there are other methods of contraception avaliable if, at any point, you wanted to use them. I suffer from mental health issues so appreciate that you wouldnt want to take a chemical pill but there are non chemical contraceptives that are effective and safe. Maybe even a spermicidal gel to use with your current method so if you are not pg now you dont worry yourself like you are doing if you dont quite get it right.

People I know have used this method and have never got pregnant. (withdrawal)

As for ovulating, my friend got pregnant 1 week or less after her period, as she obviously ovulated very early, she knew it was then as they BD, and then her husband went on a business trip for over a week, and by then he was back she was already full of symptoms.

There is no fail proof method for not getting pregnant, except abstaining. You can fall pregnant on the pill, even. Not likely, but it happens.

That said, I think withdrawal works just fine if you are not 100% against a pregnancy. The only way it fails is A) failure to pull out obviously or the man not knowing when he is going, or B) Pre-cum containing sperm. But pre-cum does not come from the same place sperm does. It is advised that the man urinate after any prior ejaculation to flush out sperm, sperm cannot withstand the environment after that. So IMO, thats a pretty good guarantee if you consider the dynamics of how it all really works and are careful to do the things needed for further protection. Plus, studies have shown the occasional detected amount of sperm IN pre-cum, to be extremely low, to the point of being considered "infertile", because they are almost completely immobile and are extremely low in numbers to qualify as fertile.

People I know have used this method and have never got pregnant. (withdrawal)

As for ovulating, my friend got pregnant 1 week or less after her period, as she obviously ovulated very early, she knew it was then as they BD, and then her husband went on a business trip for over a week, and by then he was back she was already full of symptoms.

There is no fail proof method for not getting pregnant, except abstaining. You can fall pregnant on the pill, even. Not likely, but it happens.

That said, I think withdrawal works just fine if you are not 100% against a pregnancy. The only way it fails is A) failure to pull out obviously or the man not knowing when he is going, or B) Pre-cum containing sperm. But pre-cum does not come from the same place sperm does. It is advised that the man urinate after any prior ejaculation to flush out sperm, sperm cannot withstand the environment after that. So IMO, thats a pretty good guarantee if you consider the dynamics of how it all really works and are careful to do the things needed for further protection. Plus, studies have shown the occasional detected amount of sperm IN pre-cum, to be extremely low, to the point of being considered "infertile", because they are almost completely immobile and are extremely low in numbers to qualify as fertile.

Thank You very much, that was a good insight for me x

You're welcome.

I don't know much about MAP, except I decided to not use it because I would hate the thought of using MAP, and then finding out I had already concieved.

I think the natural pearl of coitus interruptus at all is something like 27 or so. if it is done well it is only 4 though- even if you dont prevent theres only one of 85.

I think the natural pearl of coitus interruptus at all is something like 27 or so. if it is done well it is only 4 though- even if you dont prevent theres only one of 85.

If used perfectly, it is 96% effective. Typical use is 73% according to this website: https://www.contraceptivetechnology.org/table.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->