Bit worried about finances..

K

katekatekate

Ok so I was in employment from a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and I got laid off at around 2 months (I couldnt concentrate or remember anything, I felt sick and tired from unknowingly being pregnant throughout my training). Basically what I'm getting at is I didn't spend 13 weeks there.
And the guy at the jobcentre says because my next sign-in falls on the 28th and they're shut then I'm to come back on the 11th of Jan unless I'm off by then on some maternity thing because I'll be into the 11 weeks to go period.

Ive just searched on the directgov site and I can't find anything indicating what I'm going to do for maternity money because I can't see where I qualify.

Can anybody help me with this please?

It might be just the pregnancy head on but I'm proper freaking out about what I'm going to do. I don't want to wait until tomorrow when I ring up to be reassured. :nope:

hey hun, as unemployed you will be entitled to maternity allowance £123.06 per week.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneyt...ort/expectingorbringingupchildren/dg_10018869

Hope that helps

D xx

Are you really sure? I feel like such an idiot. I'm just having one of those days where I want to cry and hate everybody.
Gah Im one of those irrational pregnant women now lol.
Thanks alot. xxx

I'm self employed and i get maternity allowance which is what the lady above is talking about.

You can find more info on direct.gov on the web

Try not to worry xx

I thought you'd be entitled to income support, not 100% sure though

you will only be entitled to maternity allowance if you have worked for 6 months in the 'test period' other than that i believe it is income support

ive just got my maternity allowance accepted :woo:....

you can claim maternity allowance if you have worked for 13 weeks 66 weeks before your due date..so for me as long as i had worked 13 weeks between november 08-feb 10 i could claim. It doesnt have to roll together so if you have 2 months of pay slips from one job and 5 weeks of payslips from another you can claim as long as the total average for all is £30 a week at least and there are 13 weeks worth of payslips :) If you have get applying from 26 weeks as you can start getting it paid from 29 weeks...

Sounds confusing but its not when you get your head round it :)

If you only have worked the 2 months and havent had another job in the 66 weeks you cant claim Maternity allowance....you can claim Income support as of 29 weeks but its at the same rate as job seekers allowance (bugger all! :p) hope this helps! x

you can claim maternity allowance if you have worked for 13 weeks 66 weeks before your due date..so for me as long as i had worked 13 weeks between november 08-feb 10 i could claim. It doesnt have to roll together so if you have 2 months of pay slips from one job and 5 weeks of payslips from another you can claim as long as the total average for all is £30 a week at least and there are 13 weeks worth of payslips :)

If you only have worked the 2 months and havent had another job in the 66 weeks you cant claim Maternity allowance....you can claim Income support as of 29 weeks but its at the same rate as job seekers allowance (bugger all! :p) hope this helps! x

they ask for 13 weeks worth of payslips, but they stipulate you have to of worked 26 weeks out of the 66 week test period

you can claim maternity allowance if you have worked for 13 weeks 66 weeks before your due date..so for me as long as i had worked 13 weeks between november 08-feb 10 i could claim. It doesnt have to roll together so if you have 2 months of pay slips from one job and 5 weeks of payslips from another you can claim as long as the total average for all is £30 a week at least and there are 13 weeks worth of payslips :)

they ask for 13 weeks worth of payslips, but they stipulate you have to of worked 26 weeks out of the 66 week test period

I missed out that bit doh :rofl:! makes sense otherwise people would probably just take on random bar work and then get up the duff to get their MA or something :s x

I did work at a chinese restaurant but the fuckers lied about taxing me so it counts for a total of sod all. I'm so stressed out. It's really hard at the moment because my OH is a student at university. I just want to get back to work (I want to be a mother obviously but Im so bored right now). I'm so stressed out about finances. :(

I know how you feel kate, ive always worked but my last employer didnt pay my tax or register me for over a year, totally fucked me over.So what do i get now? income support and nothing else. Even though i should be getting maternity pay. Very frustrating. Think you can only get income support too. JSA then Income support 11 weeks before, you have to change over at the jobcentre tho at your next sign in in jan, And its still the same amount unfortunately! Till the babys born.

When I worked at the chinese restaurant, I asked them if they wanted my p45 (or something) from my previous employer and they were like 'uhm yes'. And then when I questioned them about taxes they dropped my shift hours to like fuck all. Even though I left my previous job to go with them because they promised me better hours (I used to work from 7pm till 2:30am at a hideous chinese take-away full of abusive drunks). It's such a joke.

I was 18 at the time btw.. Incase you all think Im this weird old gal working teenagers jobs. Lol.

lol nobodys gonna jude the job!

anyways i doubt you will get MA or SMP :(

will be income support at 50 a week till the baby comes, then it goes up to 65, and about 60-65ish for tax credits and 20 child benefit. (a week) so bout 150ish a week,

It really makes me sick that some employers get away with stuff like that OP n purpledahlia!

I know a guy who was paid under minimum wage for years, they just told him that they were paying his taxes and just giving him cash for his net pay, someone worked out for him that they couldnt be paying him minimum wage for him to come out with so little, eventually he reported them, and they were ordered to back pay the whole lot!!!!!! Sicken them.

Hope you get something sorted. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->