Bit worried is this normal?!

nictickle19

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im four weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy, Im really worried today as I've got cramps as if Im about to get a period and I've been having brown spotting all day.

I've spoken to my doctor who says try not to worry but its easier said than done!

Has anyone else had this? Is it normal?

Yeah, it is normal. Brown blood is old blood so not worrisome. Crampy feelings are generally stretching and your uterus adjusting. Spotting and cramping are both very common in early pg.

Good luck!

Hi:)

i am also 4wks and i have been having AF style cramps for a wk now. It is the baby burrowing in and the womb making room for what is to come apparantly... ;-)
As regards the spotting, iv not had that but it can be common to bleed lightly as the baby implants etc so try not to stress too much(yeah i knw easier said than done) and relax cos stress wnt do u or the baby any good in the early mths.

xxx

It'll just be implantation bleeding and stretching pans these are perfectly normal x

Thanks Guys!

Very reassuring, I shall relax and enjoy Christmas.

Happy Christmas all:flower:

i had bright red spotting and cramps hun and was told it was implantation :) i know how worrying blood is but its just your little one burrowing in deep! :) x

Thanks Brookie G, I was starting to panic cos some of the blood has been more red and still having cramps.

Trying not to be stressed! I know that won't help!

I'm sure it is all completely fine! Like the others have said spotting and cramping can be common. Hell my best friend bled heavily for the first 14 weeks of preg - but obviously if things are worrying you then go and get checked out at an early pregnancy unit! Lots of love xxx

I am having the exact same thing today!! 4 weeks today and I am having mild menstrual cramps...well what feels AF cramps anyway. I also had just a little tiny hint of pink, but from everything I've read this all seems normal!
Merry Christmas!! Lets try not to stress! xx

iv had hints of pink and mild cramps too so glad to hear its normal :)

Merry xmas girls xxx

Hi everyone,

I'm having pretty painful cramps now and a bit more blood. Some of it is red too. I can't see my docotr till Tues so I've just got to rest and wait it out till then.

Has anyone else had this though?

Thanks x

Hi everyone,

I'm having pretty painful cramps now and a bit more blood. Some of it is red too. I can't see my docotr till Tues so I've just got to rest and wait it out till then.

Has anyone else had this though?

Thanks x

Hi

How far along are u? i am nrly 5wks and i had to go to A&E today as my pink on tissue turned bright red and was a bit more than a "spot" although not heavy, so i have been referredx to the early pregnancy unit for a scan nxt wk when im 6wks as this is the earliest they can detect a heartbeat etc.

The Dr said i am having a "threatened MC" which means that there is a threat of mc but the bleeding may just stop and il go full term, so its dwn to nature now and we are praying like crazy for our lil jelly bean to be ok.

xxx

Hi everyone,

I've had quite painful cramps over the last couple of days and a bit more blood than just spotting. I can't see my doctor till tues and Im just being told to rest and relax so I've just got to wait it out.

Has anyone else had quite a bit of blood though? Some of it is quite red too.

Thanks x

I'm feeling the cramping part of all of this. I've yet to see a doctor, but am about 6 weeks along. I've read that the bleeding and cramping is normal. I agree with all of the comments about calling a doctor & trying to relax - don't stress your body out! :)

Hi Hun,

I forgot to say to u, when i went the hospital before, the Dr said that a urine infection can cause a MC so he tested my urine to rule that out as if u have a infection they could treat it, so if ur cramps are worse and the blood bright red i would go to A&E and get checked tonight. i would not leave it till tuesday xxx

Hi Hun,

Thanks, I've spoke to the emergency doctor today and he says I am having a threatened mc too.

Guess we both have to sit tight and think positive thoughts.

Good luck hon x

Hi Hun,

Thanks, I've spoke to the emergency doctor today and he says I am having a threatened mc too.

Guess we both have to sit tight and think positive thoughts.

Good luck hon x

Aww hun im sorry. So sad we are going thru this but it is very common so lets pray our beans stick. How is your bleeding today?
I passed a small clot before and the bleed is much lighter than a period and no pain so im praying like crazy and keeping everything crosssed. Are they going to refer u for a early scan? i have to call the early pregnancy unit on tuesday and make a appt for my scan.

Lots of sticky vibes. Good luck xxx

Hi hon,

Bleeding is sometimes red sometimes brown. Its still a fair amount but much less than a period. The cramping is a bit better today. Keeping everything crossed and trying to rest as much as possible.

Yeah they are going to send me for an early scan but Im only just over four weeks so they won't be able to see anything for another week or so. Seeing my doctor on tues for examination and test and was told to phone again if it gets worse.

Hows things with you today? Hope its looking better.

Good luck x

Hi hon,

Bleeding is sometimes red sometimes brown. Its still a fair amount but much less than a period. The cramping is a bit better today. Keeping everything crossed and trying to rest as much as possible.

Yeah they are going to send me for an early scan but Im only just over four weeks so they won't be able to see anything for another week or so. Seeing my doctor on tues for examination and test and was told to phone again if it gets worse.

Hows things with you today? Hope its looking better.

Good luck x

Ok hun.

Things are looking worse for my jelly bean today am sad to say. I have been bleeding red blood like start of AF and i have passed a few bits of stringy blood clots altho very small, surely not a good sign.

All i can do is wait for nature to take its course 1 way or another and hope to god that next tuesday's scan brings us a heartbeat. I need a miracle.

I just feel so down and sad but im not writing my jelly bean off yet cos i love it too much to do that just yet ;-) xxx

Hey hon,

I've had the same too but it comes and goes.

Keeping everything crossed for the both of us,

Keep positive, sending good vibes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back