Black and blue cohosh

Jess.Taylor21

mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Iv been reading up on black and blue cohosh tinctures to take as im due to be Induced in a weeks time and would rather avoid that if I can, do any of you lovely ladies have any experience with these tinctures if so did it work? This is the one I ordered: www.healthmonthly.co.uk/herb_lore_l...

Thanks Jess x

P.s yes I have consulted midwife and she doesn't know much about it but is happy for me to try it.

I've tried one of them (can't remember which) with two of my babies and it didn't induce labour. They're really not to be messed around with though. .. I'd be talking to a health professional who does know something about them!!

Apparently both together is the safest and best way to use them, the ones I have you need to dilute 5-10 drops in a glass full of water and drink that every hour for 4 hours if that doesn't work you do a full dropper full under the tongue every hour for 3 hours and if nothing you stop and try again the next day. I'v read quite a lot on it now so feel quite up together with them just wanted to see of anyone had any experience taking them :)

Yes. Although from memory my contractions increased, it didn't start labour (although I took it before bubby was due both times to avoid induction, so neither my body nor baby were ready).

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supp...edientid=987&activeingredientname=blue cohosh

This might be worth a read, it does says it induces labour but the side effects sound worrying! I would recommend you talk to another professional who knows about it, as it sounds risky xx

Thanks for the info apparently that's why your supposed to take both together as it makes them safer and more effective, I shall have another chat with my doctor see what he says

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->