Bladder Infections...

Kiram

Reaction score
So, I had my routine OB appointment today and the doctor told me that according to the urine sample from my last visit (a month ago) that I have a mild bladder infection, and she prescribed antibiotics. I've had 0 symptoms of a UTI lately. A month ago all I had was the urge to pee in the morning which only lasted about an hour, but I haven't had that anytime recently. Needless to say, I feel a bit confused.

Antibiotics are usually passed around rather carelessly, and I'd really like to limit my exposure to them especially if they're possibly unnecessary. Have any of you been able to treat a UTI with natural remedies?

Again, I have 0 symptoms of any infection. My urine is clear, I have no pain, no urgency to pee, nothing unusual at all...but I still don't want to risk getting a kidney infection just in case I have a "phantom UTI" that just isn't giving any symptoms. If I do still have it, it's gone a month untreated and it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse. I'd definitely take the antibiotic if symptoms return, though.

I think I may have a UTI at the moment too and I just read an article that said apparently during pregnancy you wont get the usual UTI symptoms.

If I were you, I would take the antibiotics. The antibiotics your doc gives you in early pregnancy are not known to be harmful, but UTIs ARE. They can increase your risk of miscarriage when left untreated if you read about it.

This is completely anecdotal but I had an undetected UTI in my last pregnancy and I had a miscarriage, so for me it's antibiotics all the way now if an infection shows up, symptoms or no symptoms.

Think of it like this - doctors will always play on the safe side when you're pregnant. And offering you antibiotics IS the safe side.

Oh also the only other thing I might add is, get tested again if you can. You might genuinely not need the antibiotics. But if a test shows anything up, take the damn drugs woman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->